Like Tree0Likes

Cig 20

Reply
Old 06-13-2006, 11:03 PM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Air Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Portsmouth, NH
My Boats: 1988 banana - Sold, 1993 banana - Sold, 1979 banana - Building, 1978 banana - Building, 1972 Cigarette 20 - Sold, 1997 Scarab Sprint - Sold, 1985 Jaguar Stepped Cat, Gaff-Rigged Schooner
Posts: 1,143
Default Cig 20

I heard rumors about Lip Ship building (4) new Cig 20's for Cigarette.

Any truth?

Would love to see some pics of that.
Air Dog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:15 PM
  #2
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vice City & Tavernier, FL
My Boats: one ballsy Top Gun, a very fast Skater, one party Yellowfin....oh yeah, and two Boston Whalers
Posts: 5,851
Default Re: Cig 20

yup he will be building four as LipShip edition..One of them is already in the progress , it has a merc 496 and a bravo. I believe they will be selling close or over 100k depending on the options. I do know he pay about 30k per hull.

mike
thedonz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:23 AM
  #3
Registered
 
Semper Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,234
Default Re: Cig 20

Cigarette makes a great boat, but no 20' boat is worth $100K. That's just stupid rediculous
Semper Fi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:27 AM
  #4
Registered
 
stecz20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Francisco CA
My Boats: I am Jersey's B!tch
Posts: 7,772
Default Re: Cig 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Cigarette makes a great boat, but no 20' boat is worth $100K. That's just stupid rediculous

you dont know nothing about nothing, you drive a duramax.....
stecz20 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:19 AM
  #5
Registered
 
ratman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: medellin colombia, pablo escobar's lil town
My Boats: michelob light scarab, sold, sailor now
Posts: 8,396
Default Re: Cig 20

id much rather have a 28ss for a third as much, or a donzi shelby for a whole lot less
ratman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:15 AM
  #6
Registered
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Slightly North of Cuba
My Boats: Donzi Criterion SS, X-18 , 16 OB, Z-235, F-14, Magnum Missile
Posts: 2,914
Default Re: Cig 20

Nice to know someone rescued em....
Attached Thumbnails
Cig 20-dscn0961.jpg   Cig 20-dscn0963.jpg  
Scott B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:22 AM
  #7
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vice City & Tavernier, FL
My Boats: one ballsy Top Gun, a very fast Skater, one party Yellowfin....oh yeah, and two Boston Whalers
Posts: 5,851
Default Re: Cig 20

those are it... ome of them is getting rigged already

jr mike
thedonz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:32 AM
  #8
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member
 
LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NorthEastern, PA
Posts: 2,512
Default Re: Cig 20

Oh well.. I know it sounds crazy but everything is getting costly these days.. Donzi 22 classics are retailing in the 60-80k range without trailers depending on options & if its a ltd. ed. My 06 22' classic retailed for roughly 70k not including the trailer I ordered thru my shop & the other add ons we did in house.

I may have an old 20' cig coming in for a resto.. Its good to see a few more of them..

Also Keep in mind if Phil is going to msrp them at 100k it doesnt necessarily mean he will sell tham at that.. Although if there are only 4 it will make it easier.. Good old supply & demand.. If you want it ya pay.. Jamie / Lakeside
__________________
www.LakesideRestorations.com 570-639-2628
We Make Fast Toys Faster, Cool Toys Cooler and Old Toys New!.. Performance, Custom & OEM Parts & much MORE![/CENTER]
LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:06 AM
  #9
Charter Mod
Charter Member
 
BLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: E Dock
My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
Posts: 6,551
Default Re: Cig 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONZI33
Oh well.. I know it sounds crazy but everything is getting costly these days.. Donzi 22 classics are retailing in the 60-80k range without trailers depending on options & if its a ltd. ed. My 06 22' classic retailed for roughly 70k not including the trailer I ordered thru my shop & the other add ons we did in house.

I may have an old 20' cig coming in for a resto.. Its good to see a few more of them..

Also Keep in mind if Phil is going to msrp them at 100k it doesnt necessarily mean he will sell tham at that.. Although if there are only 4 it will make it easier.. Good old supply & demand.. If you want it ya pay.. Jamie / Lakeside
That is correct. For those who can afford them and want them they will be the ultimate in quality. Some on this board think the Lip-Ship logo is nothing but a badge, but Phil and his crew have built more Cigarettes from the ground up than alot of "companies" today.

Don't hate, appreciate.
BLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:10 AM
  #10
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
offshoredrillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland
My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'
Posts: 10,945
Default Re: Cig 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLee
That is correct. For those who can afford them and want them they will be the ultimate in quality. Some on this board think the Lip-Ship logo is nothing but a badge, but Phil and his crew have built more Cigarettes from the ground up than alot of "companies" today.

Don't hate, appreciate.
agreed, and from my understanding this wont be like an original cig 20. They are going to be mini glads like Ricks, so there is a ton more work and effort going into them. I can seea 100 k tag easily. If it looks anything like ricks and i had the money, I would buy it in a second...
offshoredrillin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
K-WELLS
Classic Offshore
37
05-23-2008 09:09 PM
mikeb4
Cigarette
14
08-31-2007 10:04 AM
H20 Toie
General Boating Discussion
8
05-20-2005 02:20 PM
LEOPAJM
Cigarette
11
09-30-2002 01:14 PM
Crazyhorse
General Boating Discussion
10
09-05-2002 09:46 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.