Notices

Tmp- No More

Old 06-15-2006, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Tmp- No More

Thank you all for the well wishes. Yes I will change my screen name. Anyone know how??? Offshore drillin, I am just a regular guy who is lucky to be doing what I love to do.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Registered

UNSANE, I have streched them to 110 hrs. I was a little worried about the valvetrain since that is the weak link. I rebuilt the ones in the Nashville Cats before the season with only 68 hrs. I knew they had been and will continue to be run hard because the boat is so big and heavy. We have quite a few poker runs to make this year and I did not want to rebuild during the year. We put over 9 hrs on them at Jax alone. We ran almost the entire first leg at 6200 rpm. I think that was somewhere around 30 miles.

Last edited by TMP racing; 06-15-2006 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best of luck to you Eddie. I maintaine the 650's in Bill Vails 39' Nortech. Very nice set of engines. He will be very happy to hear that you are still doing what you love.

Keep up the good work!!

John Smith
Attached Thumbnails Tmp- No More-bill-vail-39.jpg   Tmp- No More-bill-vail-39-1.jpg   Tmp- No More-bill-vail-39-2.jpg  

Old 06-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Registered

Hey John. I was hoping to see Bill at Jax. Haven't heard anything from him so I assumed everything was ok. Please call if you have any questions or problems. Eddie
Old 06-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks Eddie. I just went down to Bills boat on Tuesday. Oil change and check over. The distributor hold down came loose on the port motor and backed the timing down. Luckly he noticed a problem. I checked the back motor and it was ok. Looked like the timing was at 36*, sound right? Also he has a broken dipstick. It broke of in the tube right at the area of grinding a line as the full mark. I was able to get it out but now I have to get a replacement stick. Are they GM sticks?

At any rate, he loves the boat and the motors, he has the best speed of mid 90's and hasnt opened it up all they way yet.

Thanks very much,
John
Old 06-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

eDDIE, i think you have done the right thing in clearing the air about this issue, we at LOTO have heard nothing but goodthings about you, glad you are doing well, we will keep you in mind on any of our new projects, glad you are now closer to LOTO, please come up and see us ozark boys sometime, we have plenty of red bull, good luck you are with good people with Catz. jim midwest performance marine, bring the 43 up for the shootout, have a slip and condo for you guys.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:54 PM
Registered

John, the stick is a GM. I get a stick from a van since they are the longest and cut them as needed.That way all of the writing is cut off of the stick and there is no confusion as to the full mark. I must have got carried away when I marked it and went to far. Tron, my wife and myself ran the boat 97.?? at Nortech in the heat of the day in July or August. I am sure in the right conditions it will break 100. You have to be careful setting the timing because the MSD distributor picks up across such a wide range. Please call me and I will tell you how to double check it to be sure it is right.
Jim, I think our next run is Smoke On the Water. Not sure about the shootout. I would love to make it. Please keep me in mind for one of your projects. I would love to work with you on a boat. Nortech's boats make my motors look good.

Last edited by TMP racing; 06-15-2006 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Registered

I was in Nashville this morning for a busienss thing, at the Shoney's near Bass Pro Shops, place was PACKED FULL of people....

BEst of luck to you, one of these days I would love to take a walk through some of the shops there...
Old 06-15-2006, 06:48 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TMP racing
Thank you all for the well wishes. Yes I will change my screen name. Anyone know how??? Offshore drillin, I am just a regular guy who is lucky to be doing what I love to do.
Send a pm to osoadmin, Steve will sort it out for you. Good luck with your new business.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Registered

Good luck Eddie we need good guys in this business

Chris

Quick Reply: Tmp- No More

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.