Notices

Cat Killer !

Old 06-17-2006, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cat Killer !

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Look it just so happened that it was Reggie that said it, I dont wash anyones sack and the fact remains that statements like that are bad for our sport...Look at the NYC poker run today, no king or queen of the hudson, speeds capped at just over 100. turnout there was horrible, slips were still available.

You've been agreeing with me so far, but maybe not now. you don't really believe Fountains press release had anything to do with anything that happened at the NYC poker run?
Old 06-17-2006, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Never been there, nor would I want to run in that junk filled water or whatever you call it with refridgerators and dead bodies stashed inside.
and you don't want to. I used to run that river years ago. Worst possible water to run a recreational boat in. Dirty water, junk in the water, too much commercial traffic rough as all hell
Old 06-17-2006, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive heard enough..im selling my Fountain because im so disgusted that Reggie was talkin trash. I think I will enter my SeaRay in next weeks poker run to see if i get best hand ....Please the drama depresses me...
Old 06-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

...Look at the NYC poker run today, no king or queen of the hudson, speeds capped at just over 100. turnout there was horrible, slips were still available.

Speeds were not capped at all.

You couldn't have someone in the back seat if you ran over 100.

Jetset ran for all she's worth...as usual.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:43 AM
Banned

It's 100% about a written press statement that stands to hurt us when it comes to poker runs. .
Oh come on now, You usually have pretty well thought out posts on here, but I can't believe you honestly think a press release is going to raise insurance rates, be the downfall of poker runs, and is probably responsible for the designated hitter rule in baseball too.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by the duke
You've been agreeing with me so far, but maybe not now. you don't really believe Fountains press release had anything to do with anything that happened at the NYC poker run?
No I dont believe that at all, and from what Ron P posted they only set limits on who could do what, I was only partially correct.but none the less now limits are being set.

Look, I'm not saying that what he said will be the absolute downfall of poker runs, insurance rates or is he responsible for any base ball rules ,shooting Barry Bonds Ass full of growth hormone or will it be the downfall of western civilization(thats reserved for Sen. Clinton)...BUT for a guy that does such a great job promoting the sport and his business, who even does the segment on the American Powerboat show about how to safely run your boat ( I too found them informative), this wasn't his shining moment. You guys shouldnt be so quick to dismiss it. I have tons of respect for him and his boats, I just hope that this slip of the tounge doesnt come back to bite us. In the wake of the past couple years of hurricanes, higher horsepower, more people buying boats, accidents at poker runs, theft and so on, we dont need the largest most public figure in the industry making these types of statements, frankly I think it was beneath his usual character. but hey what do i know..
Old 06-18-2006, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It's not just the press releases like Outerlimits and Fountains. It is those press releases used in combination with the accidents at SOTW and NYC (both V-Hulls) plus the lobby who want to destroy our sport just because we are too loud for sailors and too big and fast for fishermen.
Ask Progressive why they will insure a Bass Bost that goes 90 with no problem but will not touch a V-Hull that goes over 75 or a cat no matter what speed! Do you think it may have something to do with the noise, publicity, and accidents? Or the articles like in Wall Street Journal?
I have the utmost respect of what Reggie, Fiore, and others have done for the improvement of offshore performance design and promotion. I do not think that their ego's have a place in an open course Poker Run. If what is said is true about blowing through a No Wake Zone at speed, I think everyone should remember that a Poker Run is not a closed course and any recreational boater could have been in that zone at the exact wrong time.
I would love to see a closed course portion of a Poker Run set up so the Big Boys could run their stuff against a clock or side to side for bragging rites. Oh, I think they call those Shootouts and we have a couple of good ones. If every Poker Run had one it would be awesome. Until then, all of us need to be very cautious. New speed and size restrictions in Alabama, proposed new noise limitations in Michigan, and skyrocketing insurance costs for the boat owners and event producers are all stacking up against us. It is up to us to police ourselves somewhat or they will more than somewhat.
Cuda, I've respected your input for ever, especially since I know what it means to have a "fleet". Yes I know of an insurance underwriter who watches this site, Speed Wake, and Hot Boat to make sure they do not insure a boat which falls outside their rules. They have a "responsibility" to their company and stock holders to do so. They do not always cancel the policy, sometimes they resell it to a different underwriter (if possible) so they can keep your house, cars, business insurance etc, and the premiums skyrocket. If they find out the boat was misrepresented, and there is a claim, they just refuse to pay.
I wanted to buy a 38 cat instead of the 43 BT but could not justify the insurance cost difference for a six month season at best. It was an additional $6200 per year. That was when I found out about the bass boats. Really pissed me off.
IMHO, poker run bragging rites should stay in poker runs. Keep them off public forums and press releases unless it is a closed course santioned run.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:54 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EGO is the big word here. David Knight was not thinking about safety ,At that speed ,not on a cloesd course.

Mike
Old 06-18-2006, 08:13 AM
Registered

No I dont believe that at all, and from what Ron P posted they only set limits on who could do what, I was only partially correct.but none the less now limits are being set.

Look, I'm not saying that what he said will be the absolute downfall of poker runs, insurance rates or is he responsible for any base ball rules ,shooting Barry Bonds Ass full of growth hormone or will it be the downfall of western civilization(thats reserved for Sen. Clinton)...BUT for a guy that does such a great job promoting the sport and his business, who even does the segment on the American Powerboat show about how to safely run your boat ( I too found them informative), this wasn't his shining moment. You guys shouldnt be so quick to dismiss it. I have tons of respect for him and his boats, I just hope that this slip of the tounge doesnt come back to bite us. In the wake of the past couple years of hurricanes, higher horsepower, more people buying boats, accidents at poker runs, theft and so on, we dont need the largest most public figure in the industry making these types of statements, frankly I think it was beneath his usual character. but hey what do i know..
Attached Thumbnails Cat Killer !-cool-dude-medium-jpeg.jpg  
Old 06-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Reggie is raising the bar and competition is good. I think everyone is overthinking this thing. He kicked some cat butt and he is proud of it. Good for him and great for fountain.

Quick Reply: Cat Killer !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.