Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Notices

Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Old 06-18-2006, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Originally Posted by TSPM
I do agree that spotter and line boats should be on the course...however I did not say ALL spectators are in the way, you only need one or two to create a serious problem when boats arte running over 100 MPH. They need to drop anchor way to the side....not drift into the course lanes.....there were boats smack dab in the middle of the Hudson as always. Pleas tell me they could not figure out that an event was underway when countles boats run by them at full throttle. Not to mention they were still there in the same spot on the way back to Liberty Landing and still filming

The one thing you fail to remember is that the promoters of the NYC Run do not have the right to shut the River Down from boat traffic. This is not a closed race course.. There were plenty of Marine Patrol boats patrolling the river keeping spectators to the side. In a Poker Run it is up to the captain of the Vessel to steer Clear of any hazard that may arise. I.E. Other Boats, Logs, Debris, Vessels in trouble, or Navigational Aides. The Problem with Poker Runs is that some people think they are races. Everyone who enters a Poker Run still must follow the Rules of the Road. And be curtious to other boaters in there way. I do not agree with your statement that other boats on the river should have moved to the side and let the Poker Runners come through. If this is what you want then you should be entering organized races not Poker Runs...
Old 06-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Registered

Default Re: Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Originally Posted by Titan
The one thing you fail to remember is that the promoters of the NYC Run do not have the right to shut the River Down from boat traffic.
Did you run the poker run?

Did you see every boat that was in the way?

Are you assuming your statements?

Common sense is key..... shut down the HUDSON ... NO

Boat traffic is one one thing ... spectators floating in the middle of the Hudson filming the event is another.

In Poker Runs in other parts of the country this is NOT an issue... boaters who are not in the run realize what is going on and give the right of way to the Poker Runners. Not a closed race course but have the respect to those who are in the run. It seems to work.

END OF STORY

Last edited by TSPM; 06-18-2006 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Did you run the poker run?

Did you see every boat that was in the way?

Are you assuming your sttements?

Common sense is key..... shut down the HUDSON ... NO

Boat traffic is one one thing ... spectators floating in the middle of the Hudson filming the event is another.

END OF STORY
Old 06-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JCPERF

Old 06-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 06-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Old 06-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

SOUTH SHORE BOATING IS THE SHOT..........FIRE ISLAND,HAMPTONS,AND FREEPORT,HOME OF BRACCOS AND A BUNCH OF OTHER SPOTS...........SEE YOU THERE SOON...........m.m.........
Old 06-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by el indio
SOUTH SHORE BOATING IS THE SHOT..........FIRE ISLAND,HAMPTONS,AND FREEPORT,HOME OF BRACCOS AND A BUNCH OF OTHER SPOTS...........SEE YOU THERE SOON...........m.m.........
.... YUP
Old 06-18-2006, 08:21 PM

In Poker Runs in other parts of the country this is NOT an issue... boaters who are not in the run realize what is going on and give the right of way to the Poker Runners. Not a closed race course but have the respect to those who are in the run. It seems to work.
Other parts of the country are not NYC. You keep making mention of the poker run course. Its not a course, its the Hudson River in NYC. If you want to run a closed corse, go racing. If you want to run in the NYC poker run you are gonna have a lot of other boats in the way. I didn't say its right, its just a fact of NY life.

Because you are in a poker run, what gives you more rights than the other boats on the river? The poker run boats are spread out across a lot of th eriver. So what you are really saying is they nead to stay off th eriver because you paid to be there, and they didn't.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by the duke

Because you are in a poker run, what gives you more rights than the other boats on the river? The poker run boats are spread out across a lot of th eriver. So what you are really saying is they nead to stay off th eriver because you paid to be there, and they didn't.
NO what I am am saying is that some of the spectators are there for a reason. They know the evernt is happening and they are there to see it close up and to film it for the sake of entertainment at the expense of safety. It is one day of sport and YES the river is for all to enjoy....but common sense plays a role here as well. It is obvious that they are in a spot for the best view of the action and not the best spot for the people in the run. Thats all I am saying here. As I said before...everyone has an opinoion be it right or wrong. I am not into pissing matches.....as "D" said early on in this thread.

Quick Reply: Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.