Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wouldn't you rather have split front seats? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/133174-wouldnt-you-rather-have-split-front-seats.html)

RJ1340 06-19-2006 04:13 PM

Wouldn't you rather have split front seats?

Is it just me, or are there other people out there who can't understand why some boatbuilders are still putting the loveseats at the helm with a port side cabin entry instead of split seating with a center cabin companionway?
Its nice cruising along with my wife right next to me (sometimes), but not worth the times when her douchebag cousin is sitting next to me asking what kind of mileage the boat gets or when I have to squeeze out to grab a line, attach a fender, get the gas key, grab the first aid kit or whatever.
What's your opinion?

bouyhunter 06-19-2006 05:30 PM

Re: Wouldn't you rather have split front seats?

I've never owned one, but I wouldn't mind it because my wife is ALWAYS on the boat with me. I kinda like it that way.
If you need to get lines or anything with your cousin, or anyone else in that seat, make them get it, or make them move.
Just my opinion, and that may be changed if I owned a boat set up that way.
It seems like it would make for a nicer cabin layout - but unsure of weight distribution through the boat.

bouyhunter 06-19-2006 05:31 PM

BTW - what did you do to earn the avatar?? Which thread?

onesickpantera 06-19-2006 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by RJ1340
Is it just me, or are there other people out there who can't understand why some boatbuilders are still putting the loveseats at the helm with a port side cabin entry instead of split seating with a center cabin companionway?
Its nice cruising along with my wife right next to me (sometimes), but not worth the times when her douchebag cousin is sitting next to me asking what kind of mileage the boat gets or when I have to squeeze out to grab a line, attach a fender, get the gas key, grab the first aid kit or whatever.
What's your opinion?

Not trying to step on any toes but IMO I think the "loveseats" look ridiculous.

Strip Poker 388 06-19-2006 05:37 PM

I dont like them.

US1 Fountain 06-19-2006 05:43 PM

Not that there is anything wrong with them. :evilb:

Sydwayz 06-19-2006 05:47 PM

I love mine; and would not want any other configuration. Not only to I get to see the boobies of my female first mate while driving, but I can touch them too.

Enough said.

(Not to mention it really makes the cabin layout roomy and comfortable; as in you can really stand up in the head of my boat for instance.)
http://members.cox.net/activethunder37/photo.htm

rush 06-19-2006 05:53 PM

I mostly have my girl with me, But sometimes my little fat buddy rides with me and the "lLove seat" is NOT where I want him!

Jassman 06-19-2006 05:56 PM

I dont have a problem with them. Teach your wife to put the fenders on the boat, secure a line and tie the boat up to the dock. Mine does, I dont have to do anything other than drive.
Another reason is when entering the cabin on the port side, that enables the builder to make the head that much larger, which the girls do like. Come to think of it when Strip was on my boat he was always trying to sit next to me :eek: :D Jeff

wrinkleface 06-19-2006 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by rush
I mostly have my girl with me, But sometimes my little fat buddy rides with me and the "lLove seat" is NOT where I want him!

Get rid of the of the little fat buddy!!! :p

wrinkleface 06-19-2006 06:45 PM

Have the "loveseats" on the 43 NT. 1st boat w/ them, I like'm! Can reach over and pester the wife at will!!! Or, cop a little Boobie!!! :evilb:

CigDaze 06-19-2006 06:50 PM

I don't like the loveseat one bit! I need my elbow room. :D

If it's just you and your lady going out, the loveseat may not be a problem, but two dudes crammed in there.....no thanks.

dreamer 06-19-2006 06:54 PM

never had em... but i want the center driving position... also can be set up for seperate thottle and driver... also can have the third bolster

BTW im secure with my sexuality :drink:

Boomer 880 06-19-2006 07:06 PM

Nortech gives you either seating option on the 39V without a dash or cabin change... good thinkin'

ActiveThunder 06-19-2006 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman
I dont have a problem with them. Teach your wife to put the fenders on the boat, secure a line and tie the boat up to the dock. Mine does, I dont have to do anything other than drive.
Another reason is when entering the cabin on the port side, that enables the builder to make the head that much larger, which the girls do like. Come to think of it when Strip was on my boat he was always trying to sit next to me :eek: :D Jeff

Figures......Were you wearing that damn thong?

gotime34 06-19-2006 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Not only to I get to see the boobies of my female first mate while driving, but I can touch them too.

:D :D :D

Ratickle 06-19-2006 07:26 PM

The Marlin has split's, the Scorpion has Loveseat, the Black Thunder has trips. Trips are the best, Loveseat the worst.

Downtown42 06-19-2006 07:35 PM

an ugly thought right before dinner....thanks alot

Reggie and Skip racing together with good-buddy seats :chick:

dreamer 06-19-2006 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Downtown42
an ugly thought right before dinner....thanks alot

Reggie and Skip racing together with good-buddy seats :chick:

whos the pitcher and whos the catcher :eek:

Buddy OO 06-19-2006 08:12 PM

agree with Jassman on the head, allows for better cabin layout, and I always get the best looking big boobed chick next to me, off limits if guys weekend . plus I love the drop rumble seat behind the 2 on the Nortechs, can seat 9-10 in the cockpit with 2-4 standing comfortably, the 50 supervee is a 103mph cruiser, have alot of guys try to run with the 50 but they just cant hang in LOTO"s combobulated wave pattern, even boats 10-15 mph faster in smooth water, but never get smooth waterat loto. wiggler

barron 06-19-2006 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by RJ1340
What's your opinion?

Douchebag oh my!!

Downtown42 06-19-2006 10:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Strip Poker 388 06-19-2006 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman

Easy now big boy. I just wanted to drive ,that's all :evilb: :evilb:

GLH 06-19-2006 11:55 PM

I don't like that side by side set up cause I imagine that when the wife yells from that seat you might ear her.

GLH 06-20-2006 07:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by GLH
I don't like that side by side set up cause I imagine that when the wife yells from that seat you might ear her.

Actually now that I think of it she sits in the back! ;)

Stormrider 06-20-2006 07:20 AM

Side entry into cabin makes for a better cabin layout.
And a 6pack bolster layout is the best/coolest.

mr_velocity 06-20-2006 08:43 AM

I like it, also have left handed throttles so the wife or 11 year old can drive and I can trim/twist the sticks.

No sausage parties on my boat so there is never a problem with a love seat :drink:

Ms PatriYacht 06-20-2006 08:48 AM

You probably can guess what I like, yep the "love seat", it makes it much easier for me to give Mr. P driving instructions :D

wrinkleface 06-20-2006 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Downtown42

DT, U Freak'n Perv Boy! Go pet Reggie 4 me, your dog, of course!! :D

GLH 06-20-2006 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
...it makes it much easier for me to give Mr. P driving instructions :D

I'm sure they are well appriciated!

Downtown42 06-20-2006 01:33 PM

Just don't pet me U Perv :evilb:

nice copy cat paint U Hoser :evilb: :bunny: :evilb:

US1 Fountain 06-20-2006 02:25 PM

Hypothetically speaking, what if there are only 2 guys on board? Do they sit next to you or in the back seat. Either way looks......odd. :drink:

sakoutis3 06-20-2006 02:28 PM

Its simple if you like the wife get the love seat,if not get the split. If you got a sausage fest goin on go to another web site. :eek:

Panther 06-20-2006 02:32 PM

Love seat would make it easier for the wifes rev. limiter to kick in when I knudge the throttles forward. :eek:

Honestly, I've been in both and don't mind either one. :drink:

Dock Holiday 06-20-2006 02:52 PM

Never liked them and don't want a boat with them.

But they really do add a lot to the cuddy, especially the head. So I see why some people would live with them.

jhiguy377 06-20-2006 03:07 PM

one of the main reasons that I went for another 377 Scarab is the side by side bolsters with port side cabin entry; that and a sun lounge that you can actually use

pm203 06-20-2006 05:42 PM

Don,t like those pickel smoocher seats one bit.

Cash Bar 06-20-2006 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer
BTW im secure with my sexuality :drink:

Why is it ALWAYS the gay guys that say that...... :eek: :D

dreamer 06-20-2006 06:10 PM

u know ur next boat will have it so u and bill can sit together....

so how often do u wax ur eyebrows? :evilb:

Downtown42 11-22-2006 03:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Have the "loveseats" on the 43 NT. 1st boat w/ them, I like'm! Can reach over and pester the wife at will!!! Or, cop a little Boobie!!! :evilb:

Figures you would want them. :bunny: Not me with her b#tchin all the time :evilb: