Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
42' Chief First Mohican...Update! >

42' Chief First Mohican...Update!

Notices

42' Chief First Mohican...Update!

Old 12-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The boat is still for sale It is one incredible boat in rough water and the owner would like to see it sold since he spends most of his time overseas these days If anyone is interested shoot me a note

As far as anyone having another one built let me tell you this much
The desire to have one for yourself should be great as the boat is pretty damn amazing

But if there is any attachment to the original owners of the company LOOK OUT as it could be be a nigtmare Of Trick Marine Proportions

It is not the boat that is, or was, ever at issue It was the owners of the company

The first Mohican is not attached in anyway to the owners of Chief Powerboats it is owned by an individual who would like to free up his assets and get the boat sold

Any questions or inquiries please contact me

Marc
Old 12-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Panther
If you want one call em up, simple as that.
http://www.chiefpowerboats.com/index.php

Originally Posted by boatme

But if there is any attachment to the original owners of the company LOOK OUT as it could be be a nigtmare Of Trick Marine Proportions

Marc
I guess that's why that phone isn't ringing. It's as simple as that.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mccaffertee
My big question is, if Outerlimits, Norteck, Active Thunder, Cigarette and many others are selling boats, whats wrong at Cheif? Should have 6 boats out by now!!!!

It is simple

No money

They tried to build a boat company on prospects deposit money and then did not want to build the boats

I know this all to well, as I was the one who sold the only two boats ever built. I took the deposit money and then played hell getting the customer their boats

Two were built, One 42 and one 37.
The 37 was built as a joint venture with Active Thunder (Another incredible boat) but as the Chief Managment practices shone through Pat at Active backed away and went back to his own thing (current happenings at Active prove that Pat is doing it all correctly and builds a phenomenal boat )

THe 37 Chief was stripped down by Active Thunder, refitted with proper badging and rebadged as an Active Thunder then sold by its owner

It is way to bad that the 42 Chief is not being built but its time has passedTo be built and marketed as a new boat .The 42 Chief is nothing short of amazing when it comes to handling in the rough water

I have run this boat with the owner in a couple of poker runs that has snotty water (SOTW 2006 and Chicago Poker Run 2007) The dual hem set up makes it alot of fun when it gets rough. It was like riding on a galloping horse. You felt the waves under you but it was an enjoyable rhythm with no harsh landings

The owners of Chief Powerboat are just another in a long line of unethical individuals that have left a scar on the performance boat industry.

The time for building new "Old School" boats has past. The demise or almost demise of those that have tried or continue to try is proving the interest is not there

If you want a good "old school" boat buy a used Apache or Chief or even straight bottom Cig
But in this day and age the technology for new boats does not fit into building practices of old style boats

We should let the new progress, and we should embrace the past by loving, preserving, and refitting the legends. Not try to recreating them

(Chief is Dead!!! Saber Is dead!!!! and Apache is Alive but only filling the very small need left in the market)

If you want old school there are still plenty out there

One Chief , a hand full of Apaches, some cool sabers, and a bunch of older Cigs

But we cant go back and fit into the pants we did when we were 18 (at least most cant) so why keep trying

The first Mohican is most likely the last Mohican and will be a great piece of history for anyone to own Its built , It Runs incredible, and looks great but it is going to remain a unique boat

The good news it has Chief engines in it (Not related to Chief Powerboats) and Tommy will be around for a long time and is their to continue to maintain the power in this boat

Merry Christmas to all and someone should buy this boat and put it under the Christmas Palm tree

Last edited by boatme; 12-24-2007 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The all knowing king of offshore boating speakes again!

Now is the Chief old school new or new school old. If the Chief has a step then isn't it new school?

Can't you just shut your pie hole and stop commenting on things you don't know anything about, ie Saber? You don't know one single thing about Saber over the last 6 months, Nothing!

Just sell the Chief you conned Mike into buying and make your plagues. Stop trying to harm others who have done or said absolutely nothing to you or about you. Insulting and delibertly hurting and disperaging others will not get you your so badly needed revenge on Mike Vorce. There are a lot of families and individuals involved who would appreciate you fading into the storm clouds of your own twisted mind. GO AWAY NK
Old 12-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The 42' Chief may be a great looking, running boat-but who's going to want a "one off" boat that the company isn't in business anymore (at least actively making boats) and what's the re-sale value going to be?

Not trying to reign on your parade, just making a logical point.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
The 42' Chief may be a great looking, running boat-but who's going to want a "one off" boat that the company isn't in business anymore (at least actively making boats) and what's the re-sale value going to be?

Not trying to reign on your parade, just making a logical point.

Look at PP, same diffrence in many instances, just 7 more hulls that were produced on the 38 PP. That was a great boat. To bad Danny was-well never mind.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

wow....

where did that bad azz sliver 1 go???
Old 12-24-2007, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
Look at PP, same diffrence in many instances, just 7 more hulls that were produced on the 38 PP. That was a great boat. To bad Danny was-well never mind.

True-- But PP produced 100's of boats over the years under the Powerplay name. They do have a "following" and therefore you can see the value-- people still want PP's.

Last edited by Semper Fi; 12-24-2007 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
True-- But PP produced 100's of boats over the years under the Powerplay name. They do have a "following" and therefore you can see the value-- people still want PP's.

I agree, but then what does that say for the Apache guys

seriously, Im glad McManus still builds them
Old 12-24-2007, 12:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jassman
I agree, but then what does that say for the Apache guys

seriously, Im glad McManus still builds them
McManus Apache has a hardcore following.

Quick Reply: 42' Chief First Mohican...Update!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.