elkskin drums
LMAO
Old 12-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
Semper Fi

You have a good point

The equiptment (motors, drives Hardware,trailer ect..) have good value and the hull has some as well

It will not comand the top dollor that a new boat can or that a used main stream boat would

but if someone is looking for an old school style (With steps in it) that handles like its ansestors than it may be right for that person

It is a tough sale that is for sure but there is a rear for every seat we just need to find that guy or girl
What is the current asking price of the Chief? Also, what is the weight of it the way that it is rigged (just a guesstimate to compare to old school 41's)?

I think it is a truely awesome boat and if I had some money to unload I would be looking harder. Unfortunately, I am upgrading homes at the moment and a new boat isn't in the cards for a couple years.

Best of luck to the seller. That would suck to have something so cool that you don't get a chance to use.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
Marc, what's the deal bro.... First Chief, then the Warf and and lastly Trick?

About the Banana, I had a convo with the man himself in Patchogue and I understand there might be a joint venture of sorts...with some of the legends....
Panther,

Good question
tis why i decided to get out of the boat stuff
actually there is more than those three that but who is counting

Trick job was my son not me Same story different family member LOL He also worked for a local boat company when he left Trick and got the burn as well
So he is also changed his basic customer base and is doing much better

Chief seemed like a good idea but Wow what an eye opener
and good reason to get out
The only bright spot to that was Pat at Active
I really got to like his boats and Pat isnt to bad either LOL
was best part of being involved in the Chief deal

As far as the Wharf,
I was out of there before all hell broke loose

I tried to warn off a couple of others about the Wharf after i was gone. I even took one guy to lunch to try to get him to understand he was being lied to but he didnt want to listen to me and was still drinking the kool aid, he got burned in a big way as well! Then again what do i know I am just "The all knowing king of offshore boating" LOL

The past owner of The Wharf is another Bill Hionis, not in jail either but bilked the banks for over 16 million in phantom boats and there is another common denominator linked to him but then again i guess i will just shut my pie hole about that

It is true dont make your passion your job
I am looking forward to enjoying boating again and letting others deal with the day to day struggles of the boat industry

I am glad what i do today is a friendly small business that serves many industries from boating, to performance cars, to hunters, and many other diverse groups

I am not putting all my eggs in one basket like that again

Hope you have a great holiday season
Old 12-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To bust Marc's balls about the Chief situation and Mike's boat specifically shows how little you actually know about the transaction. Marc worked his ass off to get Mike his boat after a year of BS from the builders. Mike has the patience of a saint.......
Old 12-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dhlaw
To bust Marc's balls about the Chief situation and Mike's boat specifically shows how little you actually know about the transaction. Marc worked his ass off to get Mike his boat after a year of BS from the builders. Mike has the patience of a saint.......

Brett,
without your help and advice we probably would still be trying to get him his boat

I am not sure i ever fully thanked you for your wisdom and insight during that time

Thanks so much for all your help

Happy holidays to you and your family
Old 12-24-2007, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True. I apologize for that part of my comments. I know a fair amount about the transaction and was out of line for commenting. NK
Old 12-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

COUNSELOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good to see you around buddy!!!!
Old 12-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
True. I apologize for that part of my comments. I know a fair amount about the transaction and was out of line for commenting. NK
Now we can all be one happy family............after we kill GOODT
Old 12-24-2007, 11:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
ahhhhhhhhhh Nort, you carck me up! Happy holidays to you and your family! ...and all of OSO
G-

Looks like a huge pile of bondo! Come on! We are nearing 2010 (okay......we are at 2008). The technology should be HUGE!!!!!!! Otherwise, don't bother to introduce a "new boat" to the offshore family!! We're not in the 80's anymore!!!!!

I wish you guys a Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-25-2007, 12:36 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
Panther,
It is true dont make your passion your job
I am looking forward to enjoying boating again and letting others deal with the day to day struggles of the boat industry

Hope you have a great holiday season
I hear ya...it was one of the many reasons I stopped working on boats for a living over 8 years ago and made the transition into the corporate world!

Looking back it was the smartest move I ever made!

Happy Holidays to you as well!!

Quick Reply: 42' Chief First Mohican...Update!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.