Internet Fraud? Please Help >

Internet Fraud? Please Help

Notices

Internet Fraud? Please Help

Old 06-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Internet Fraud? Please Help

Here's The Deal, I Went From Las Vegas To So-cal To Look At A Boat Advertised Online. It Turned Out That The Guy {gary} Didn't Have The Title. He Said That He Still Owed Money On The Boat. He Advertised The Boat As A 2003 With 12hrs On The Meter. I Was Very Unsure About Buying The Boat With Him Not Having The Title In Hand, But He Assured Me That He Was Very Honest And That We Could Go To My Bank And Get A Cashiers Check For The Pay-off And A Seperate One For His Part. Also He Would Let Me Take The Boat. Well After I Came Home
A Couple Of Weeks Have Passed And No Title. He Refused To Return My Calls. Now The Deal Got Worse---- It's Not A 2003----it's A 2002!!!---- The Book Comes Up $6,615. Less. I Left Him A Message Stating That I Was Going To The F.b.i. And He Called Back Saying That He Thought That It Was A 2003 And That It Was An Honest Mistake But Also That He Wasn't Taking The Boat Back And Returning My Money. I Think That He Should Take The Boat Back, Or Pay Me The Differance In Value= $6,615. Seems My Only Option Is To Take Him To Court. What Would You Do? Who's Right And Who's Wrong In This Deal. The Way Isee It He's Holding My Money, And I'm Holding His Boat. Unless He Comes Up With 2003 Title We Have No Deal. Any So-cal Lawers Have Advise? Or Would Take This Case? Please Reply With Your Opinion. It's Guys Like This That Make It Hard To Sell Your Boat, More So If You Don't Have The Title. I Looked At A Lot Of Boats Where The Seller Did't Have The Title. Seems The Buyer Has To Take All The Risk
Old 06-26-2006, 05:02 PM
Registered

Default Re: Internet Fraud? Please Help

If you dont have the title its not your boat. I think you have an insurance problem here as well.
It sounds like he has your money and you have the "banks" boat, if he didnt pay off the loan or make the payment they are going to want it back.
Dont want to make you more nervous than you already are Im sure but you have yourself in a bit of a situation.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Do you have a receipt/ Bill of Sale?
If you did this the right way, it should include the the make/model/year/ HIN.
I'm certainly no expert on this, but I would expect a signed document such as this would hold up in court.
If buying used, I always ask/demand one.
If selling, I draw one up myself. Sold our BMW on E-bay last fall, drew up a bill of sale for the 18 yr old kid to sign and date. Gave some piece-of-mind as to liabilty if he wrecked it, used it in a armed robbery, ran someone over...

Let the boat brokers and lawyers chime in.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Registered

Thanks For The Reply, Lets Assume That He Does Pay Off The Boat---- What About It Not Being A 2003? Should That Kill The Deal? Should I Just Say Oh Well At Least I Got A 2002 ? Even Though It's Worth 6615 Less?
Old 06-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

It sounded like two checks were written, one to the bank for the payoff and one to the owner for the remainder. You can buy and sell vehicles without titles I have done it a few times. I always used a bill of sale though.

As far as suing him for $$$ because it's a 2002 that would be tough IMO, but I'm not a lawyer. But I can guarantee you the FBI could care less. I would think that cavaet emptor would come into play here.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Registered

Yes I Have A Bill Of Sell, Says Sold A 2003 Not A 2002 Signed Buy Gary Ledger Of Gl Construction In So-cal
Old 06-26-2006, 05:18 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would check into the payoff situation 1st, then deal with the price difference.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you pay less than the 2002 book value?
Old 06-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Registered

Yes Two Checks , One To Key Bank And One To Gary Ledger.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:23 PM
Registered

No I Paid More Than The 2003 Book Value

Quick Reply: Internet Fraud? Please Help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.