ExtremeBoats Magazine Rocks! >

ExtremeBoats Magazine Rocks!

Notices

ExtremeBoats Magazine Rocks!

Old 06-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ExtremeBoats Magazine Rocks!

Originally Posted by Pismo10
Is it still run by one or two guys that I met at the OSO party in Miami 2 years ago? Great mag.
Yup, we are still a small dysfunctional family. Casey's in AZ, he's the publisher, photographer, writer of EBM - he lives it.

John Schaldenbrand (his brothers own Sunsation boats) lives in Michigan, he sells the ads, does the trade shows and attends Poker Runs spreading the love as he calls it. Johnny lives EBM.

I'm in NJ and write for EBM while also taking photos. For me it's a part time gig. I used to write more but now my regular job is expanding and my focus needs to be elsewhere. I write for EBM because its so much fun to attend the events, especially since someone else foots the bills.

I often feel like I'm the only guy in the world that actually makes a profit from Offshore Racing....well maybe Jeff from Freeze Frame too.

Now Marilyn DeMartini it taking a more active roll. I love the way she writes and her coverage of the AMF/OPA Kilos had me smiling from start to finish. She's a great addition to the EBM team.

We also have some new West Coast writers coming on board this season and we'll cover the Ski Race and Race around Catalina.

As for Photographers, Jamie Russell is still with us although his flying days have ended, he's still clicking away. Tammy Page is now filling Jamie's shoes, but her feet are much smaller and the chopper can go faster with less weight. Casey just spent 15K on a new Canon camera so watch what he comes up with over the summer.

Next Month, we'll cover the OSS race in Pickwick and I took a ride in www.seaphantom.com. This sort of picks up where the Switzer Wing story left off.

Thanks for the kind words,
Ron
Old 06-30-2006, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ExtremeBoats Magazine Rocks!

thank to you ron , you take great pic to. i know that, raul/orss