Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I would like to see (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/134030-i-would-like-see.html)

hugetime1 06-29-2006 04:10 PM

I would like to see

Loose Cannon vs Speedracer

CigDaze 06-29-2006 04:17 PM

Re: I would like to see

Specs? We need Specs!....

cobrapower 06-29-2006 04:23 PM

Let's try it and see. I will run the same octane as Speed Racer and we will be gentleman about this. We will not edit the video.

Sean H 06-29-2006 04:27 PM

didn't loose cannon try it last year at sarasota? did he change something since then?

WARPARTY36 06-29-2006 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
didn't loose cannon try it last year at sarasota? did he change something since then?

:drink: :evilb: :D

hugetime1 06-29-2006 06:42 PM

yes they did and the loose cannon blew a transmission

Buddy OO 06-29-2006 07:13 PM

what is loose cannon, is that a 36 nortech?

Audiofn 06-29-2006 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by TRICK
I don't have a clue which is faster. But I know Loose Cannon blew by me in Jacksonville like I was running backwards. :D

They're both great looking , and I'm sure, very quick boats.

With all the experience that you have running a boat you sure you were not? :evilb: :evilb: :p :p :drink: :drink:

blume 06-29-2006 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by wiggler4490

36' Nortech Cat with 1200HP Cobra's on pump gas.

hugetime1 06-29-2006 09:34 PM

My vote is for loose cannon!!!!!!!!! it will crush speed racer, I would like to see a good rough water race, that would be a true test

Buddy OO 06-29-2006 09:46 PM

would'nt even be close, 36 with 1200's runs low 160's, speed racer is a 185mph boat and 44' would handle rough watermuch better, they are both great boats but it would take 1500hp to push a 36 nortech over 180mph.

hugetime1 06-29-2006 09:49 PM

ok we'll lets see, loose cannon calling speed racer

Sean H 06-29-2006 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by hugetime1
ok we'll lets see, loose cannon calling speed racer

tell them to bring it to the shootout and everybody can watch..

gusman 06-29-2006 10:29 PM

geez lardwalrus, you must be bored, always tryin to start crap. You probably think you can beat Speed Racer with your pocketpuzzy hydrostream :evilb: LMAO

blume 06-29-2006 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by TRICK
So what does it run? If it's a closely guarded secret, I understand. :)

I don't know, Joe's nuts are not large enough, he needs to let Randy drive it....

LostinBoston 06-30-2006 12:03 AM

would'nt even be close, 36 with 1200's runs low 160's, speed racer is a 185mph boat and 44' would handle rough watermuch better, they are both great boats but it would take 1500hp to push a 36 nortech over 180mph.

Ditto. I have an NT and love it, but doubt that it has what it takes to beat SR. Plus SR has shaft drives which are more efficient then the 6's on the NT.

cuda 06-30-2006 06:53 AM

They better not try to find out. They will be spanked, then put in time out for running a boat over 55 mph if it's not on a closed course, covered with bulletproof plexiglass, with no less than a full squadron of Coast Guard rescue crews on hand, and Mike Nelson standing by for good measure.

GLH 06-30-2006 06:58 AM

....speed racer is a 185mph....

Then Rio Roses must be one hell of a fast "V" bottom boat from the video I saw.

CigDaze 06-30-2006 07:30 AM

I got to go with SR on this one.

hugetime1 06-30-2006 07:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by gusman
geez lardwalrus, you must be bored, always tryin to start crap. You probably think you can beat Speed Racer with your pocketpuzzy hydrostream :evilb: LMAO

I will smoke him in the quarter mile

cuda 06-30-2006 07:46 AM

speed racer is a 185mph boat .

Is that bar speed, or gps?

blume 06-30-2006 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by cuda
Is that bar speed, or gps?

No, it's closing time bar speeds....

Sean H 06-30-2006 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by blume

so what does it run since you think you seem to know? :rolleyes:

blume 06-30-2006 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Sean H
so what does it run since you think you seem to know? :rolleyes:

I don't know, but 185mph in a kilo run I would bet, "not"....August 4th there is a Kilo run, at a SBI run. Lets all go and see who run what. Drink and eat and see who has a fast boat????? Get OSO Steve to go Video it, LIVE.

GLH 06-30-2006 12:47 PM

Or OSO armchair speed!

blume 06-30-2006 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by GLH
Or OSO armchair speed!

as long as a few drinks are involved....same thing.

blume 07-02-2006 01:10 AM

as long as a few drinks are involved....same thing.

if Joe and Loose Cannon really want some....August 4th....Joe, where are your nuts, I think we could get everybody on OSO to pay your entry fee if you let use change your pulleys?????

gusman 07-02-2006 02:12 AM

U know what? Joe is a real man, and will admit SR will smoke him. Does he know your stupid Blume'in ass?
Didnt think so!!! LOL
Anything over 150 is death if u screw up.
Fast boats rule.....but if u don't respect them your done.......

modfox21 07-02-2006 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by GLH
Then Rio Roses must be one hell of a fast "V" bottom boat from the video I saw.

To bad you didnt get to see the whole video...

Speed racer hands down.. Hasnt this been settle already when we went blowing by Loose cannon in Jacksonville? I like how Reggie brought all this attention to us.. Just to bad hes just a big chicken **** to show the entire video.. I didnt even see where the pics i took out the top of the boat @ 170 . He must be mad cause i made him look like a Jack ass for opening his mouth... He didnt think that us riding in the back of the "Pleasure Boat" would have cameras to blow his little statement out of the water! BUT Yes it is a very fast V -bottom But not fast enough...

Any way back on track here... The guys from loose cannon came over and talked to us as we were cleaning up the boat after jacksonville and they even admitted that they werent faster. But you know the internet everybody has got to start SH#t lol.. Its ok Fast guys are always hated.. We like the attention...

J

Hey big daddy thanks for my E dock rules shirt!

offshoredrillin 07-02-2006 06:48 AM

I don't know, but 185mph in a kilo run I would bet, "not"....August 4th there is a Kilo run, at a SBI run. Lets all go and see who run what. Drink and eat and see who has a fast boat????? Get OSO Steve to go Video it, LIVE.

you sure do volunteer Steve for alot of stuff, sure your not channeling "Julie the cruise director"..:rolleyes:

TeamSaris 07-02-2006 08:17 AM

SR all the way! And i am a skater guy... :rolleyes: :D

hugetime1 07-02-2006 11:21 AM

If we know speed racer is faster and it is no contest then I would like to see a free for all in the paerking lot, loose cannon crew, speed racer's crew and, cat killer. now that would be some good clean fun!!!!! D:D:D:

Chuck 07-02-2006 01:01 PM

Obviously I love a fast Nor-Tech, ( and some not so fast Nor-Tech's) but my money would have to be on Speed Racer.

Buddy OO 07-02-2006 01:36 PM

Nortech's are a well designed very fast sporty cat, but made for pleasure boating, and 3/4 the cost of an MTI,not ultra performance like MTI's, boat is much heavier, but I know for a fact since I had a 36 with 1180hp/side, and probably 1 of the fastest nortech powered cats at 162mph and I've been on runs with speed racer that it would not be a race.. they are both great boats but lets be realistic, Don't blow up your motors trying to run with the MTI. all this talking, and betting will do is get somebody hurt, leave the racing for the guys who do it everyday with the right safety equipment in a safe controlled environment.

hugetime1 07-02-2006 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck
Obviously I love a fast Nor-Tech, ( and some not so fast Nor-Tech's) my money is on loose cannon it will crush speed racer!, nor-tech's rule..

your a true team player:D:D:D

Jupiter Sunsation 07-02-2006 01:49 PM

http://www.flpowerboat.com/new/photo.../05-11-090.cfm

blume 07-02-2006 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by gusman
U know what? Joe is a real man, and will admit SR will smoke him. Does he know your stupid Blume'in ass?
Didnt think so!!! LOL
Anything over 150 is death if u screw up.
Fast boats rule.....but if u don't respect them your done.......

hey,, I know Joe or I wouldn't say anything....and if you knew Joe, you would know he was the one who started the thread....so whose the asss.

blume 07-02-2006 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
you sure do volunteer Steve for alot of stuff, sure your not channeling "Julie the cruise director"..:rolleyes:

volunteer Steve for a lot????? if you know Steve very well, nobody can volunteer Steve for anything....that being said, if there is a big event Steve and Josh would be there and I am not volunteering anyone.

Racegirl3 07-02-2006 02:50 PM

hey,, I know Joe or I wouldn't say anything....and if you knew Joe, you would know he was the one who started the thread....so whose the asss.

I thought hugetime started the thread :drink:

Anybody who knows Joe, knows the boat is appropriately named. Hes one of the few people that theres no way I would ride with :D

GO JOE GO

:drink:

blume 07-02-2006 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
I thought hugetime started the thread :drink:

Anybody who knows Joe, knows the boat is appropriately named. Hes one of the few people that theres no way I would ride with :D

GO JOE GO

:drink:

my mistake, hugetime did start it, Joe post is #3