Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
It's just not a boat insurance issue in FL! >

It's just not a boat insurance issue in FL!

Notices

It's just not a boat insurance issue in FL!

Old 08-08-2006, 08:41 AM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: It's just not a boat insurance issue in FL!

Dean, could you list your source for those articles?
Old 08-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by haulinvols
Dean, could you list your source for those articles?

www.flatoday.com
Old 08-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is one of the major reasons why I sold my house last year and am living a little "below the radar". Had I stayed, they would of raised my rate from 300 a year to 1700 a year with the gubermint company.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:49 AM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry

Thanks
Old 08-08-2006, 09:51 AM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
If I was wanting to move by the ocean in huricane climate than I would buy something I could afford to pay cash for or not move there.

Do you know how ignorant that statement is? Its not about oh ok I can't afford it I just not move there.(great solution for economy too ) Its about the people being able to afford it!! If you have been living somewhere for years and paying $1000 a yr and every year it goes up and now its up to 6-7k a yr then what? Oh lets just use your logic and sell and move...........oh wait I see a problem with that NO ONE IS BUYING CAUSE THEY CAN'T AFFORD TO LIVE HERE!!! This is a problem of GREED on the Insurance companies. They want all the money they paid out back is a year and while were at it lets just keep the rates high forever Take this problem along with high taxes and high gas prices and makes me wonder how anyone can afford to live here
Old 08-08-2006, 10:02 AM

Great I am getting ready to move back to FL, Looks like I will be renting.

WILL
Old 08-08-2006, 10:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tony Montana
Do you know how ignorant that statement is? Its not about oh ok I can't afford it I just not move there.(great solution for economy too ) Its about the people being able to afford it!! If you have been living somewhere for years and paying $1000 a yr and every year it goes up and now its up to 6-7k a yr then what? Oh lets just use your logic and sell and move...........oh wait I see a problem with that NO ONE IS BUYING CAUSE THEY CAN'T AFFORD TO LIVE HERE!!! This is a problem of GREED on the Insurance companies. They want all the money they paid out back is a year and while were at it lets just keep the rates high forever Take this problem along with high taxes and high gas prices and makes me wonder how anyone can afford to live here
Its called business, profit, free enterprise etc etc. I think $700,000 for a mti or nor- tech is too much. I think $7000 a year for insurance on a home in florida is too much also. That is why I don't have either one. Put beach front property or a mti and nor-tech and they will sell. Put gas at over $3.00 a gallon and people will still drive there car, boats etc etc. They will also buy them when put up for sale. It is not the end of the world. Life goes on. You can't live past your means. Once gas becomes too high FOR ME than I will look at my boat and make a decision on this hobbie. Once my lake home becomes too high FOR ME than I will make a decision on down sizeing.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

We are looking at buying a smaller '79 pool home many miles away from water but in South Daytona and in a no flood zone..I'm almost to the point where I see it being not do-able...even there. 230k house but can I get it insured?...I have no idea.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

[QUOTE=gsmith9898]Its called business, profit, free enterprise etc etc. I think $700,000 for a mti or nor- tech is too much. I think $7000 a year for insurance on a home in florida is too much also. That is why I don't have either one. Put beach front property or a mti and nor-tech and they will sell. Put gas at over $3.00 a gallon and people will still drive there car, boats etc etc. They will also buy them when put up for sale. It is not the end of the world. Life goes on. You can't live past your means. Once gas becomes too high FOR ME than I will look at my boat and make a decision on this hobbie. Once my lake home becomes too high FOR ME than I will make a decision on down sizeing.

gs,
Do you sell insurance?

Alot of these Fl. homes are NOT Beachfront homes. I guess when a tornado comes to the next town over from yours and flattens it, and then State Farm jacks-up your homeowner's insurance, based on some COMPUTER Model that says your house COULD BE NEXT, that you are ok with that? ,

Dean
Old 08-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Registered

Unhappy Re: It's just not a boat insurance issue in FL!

Originally Posted by 27Fountain
Great I am getting ready to move back to FL, Looks like I will be renting.

WILL

We were thinking of buying a winter home in FL. but I don't no now, with ins. co. chargeing that kind of money what do think rent will cost?

Quick Reply: It's just not a boat insurance issue in FL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.