Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Etiquette at the Docks . . . . >

Etiquette at the Docks . . . .

Notices

Etiquette at the Docks . . . .

Old 07-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Etiquette at the Docks . . . .

No way. If it's that tight time to find another spot.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Ive retied a couple of old POS boats so they WONT hit mine.......if a guy had his 25' boat in the middle of a 40' dock I would move it.......in your situation I might just mill about for awhile......usaually in a few minutes somebody comes down and leaves.......on a few occasions i have rafted off a big cruiser (only if there is someone on board to ask)........ around here if people see you cant find a spot they will usaually call out and ask you if you want to raft off......having a hot woman with a nice rack doing the asking doesnt hurt either.........
Old 07-04-2006, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Can see both sides which made me think of this:

Would you move a Fat Boy in front of a restaurant to get your bike in?

How about a Porsche if you could put in neutral and move for the owner so you could park nearby?

Why would you mess with something that is potentially worth more than both a bike and car combined?

I would hope the owner would assist you in getting to the dock but I wouldn't screw with a guys boat unless it is a poker run situation where every inch makes a difference and everyone is there together for the event.
i agree, im not crazy about someone messing with the rig.. if i know the guy no prob, but a stranger... its a touchy situation.....
Old 07-05-2006, 12:46 AM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

If it was Stecz Cafe I would just untie it and push it out in the bay, anybody elses sled I wouldn't touch and I really wouldn't be comfortable with someone touching my pos. Why not drop your buddy off at the dock and have him go looking for the owner so they can come down and assist. Most guys unless they are total jerks would come and help out or move a little bit so you could get in.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
If it was Stecz Cafe I would just untie it and push it out in the bay, anybody elses sled I wouldn't touch and I really wouldn't be comfortable with someone touching my pos. Why not drop your buddy off at the dock and have him go looking for the owner so they can come down and assist. Most guys unless they are total jerks would come and help out or move a little bit so you could get in.

much love, much love.....
Old 07-05-2006, 01:19 AM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Originally Posted by stecz20
much love, much love.....

You know better..... I'd treat yours like my own.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:26 AM
Registered

Hell, I had just driven 50 miles in a 32'er over fast-moving, tight-spaced 6+ sets ( complete with some ugly holes ). I was tired, hungry, thirsty. . . . moving a guy's boat back a foot so I can get some lunch and a drink seemed like a REALLY acceptable risk at the time.

So yeah, if somebody wants to come storming down the float waving his arms and making a spectacle, I was good for that too.

I looked over the boat I chose to move before I did it. It was a Pantera, It looked like a "boaters boat", not a "pimp" boat. . . . so I made the call, come what may. . .
Old 07-05-2006, 05:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very simple.
Don't touch my boat and I won't touch yours. If there is not enough room at the dock, don't even think about moving my boat to get yours in.

This wouldn't fly with me I dont wont ANYBODY moving my boat unless I'm there.You wouldn't go in somebodys car and move it if you couldn't get into a parking spot would you.
I totally agree. Don't touch.
Now if some inconsiderate person tied up after I did blocking me in, then I'd have to move thiers. But I would treat thier property just as I treat my own.

Last edited by Iggy; 07-05-2006 at 05:06 AM.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rouxsterre
If it was an immaculate 46 Skater or OL with matching fenders and docklines, I wouldn't have touched it, cause those are often the wicked anal types. But then again, that kinda guy is watching his boat so hard his eyeballs dry out.
I guess if you do it, you ARE chancing a "Type-A" confrontation.

I don't want anybody dickin around with my docklines - but I'm not gonna run down the float and pitch a fit. . . . I'll go help, if only to make sure it's done right.

How do you know me?
Old 07-05-2006, 07:54 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Where the he!! were the dock boys and/or restaurant management? They would be the people that I would involve. They can move the other boat if they want (after all - it's their dock), and any resulting headaches are theirs.

Quick Reply: Etiquette at the Docks . . . .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.