Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!! >

Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!!

Notices

Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!!

Old 07-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!!

Originally Posted by 3600cat
You should run for office.
Yea...he should...all propaganda and bs.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 42MTI
YES, I am very familiar with your question. Unfortunately you are mistaken. Randy grew up running the river in St. Louis, not Michigan. He sold a Skater to some guy over seas who couldn't make it run the way he had. So they paid him to go over and help them. They started racing it over seas and decided to start the race team and hired him run the team. Yes, they started with a Skater, But that was just a starting point. Randy and Gary ran the Victory race team and spent Millions and Millions every year Developing and CHANGING every aspect of the original Boat to develop the Victory Race Boat.
A tone down version of that is what became MTI. They are still making changes to improve speed, handling and safety.
They are no similarities between the MIT and the Skater today other than they both have a tunnel and 2 sponsons.
Peter builds a great boat, But give Randy and Gary their due. They build a great boat as well and it nothing like a skater.
well...what about the story of ....ya know...the one power boat had.....the one where the towel heads would not wait for a skater.....cause peter had a backlog....so splash bang..bang....team victory....is that a true story?.....I do not know what is bs anymore......what is your mans version....since the farmland version was beat...tell us mr. president
Old 07-16-2006, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 42MTI
YES, I am very familiar with your question. Unfortunately you are mistaken. Randy grew up running the river in St. Louis, not Michigan. He sold a Skater to some guy over seas who couldn't make it run the way he had. So they paid him to go over and help them. They started racing it over seas and decided to start the race team and hired him run the team. Yes, they started with a Skater, But that was just a starting point. Randy and Gary ran the Victory race team and spent Millions and Millions every year Developing and CHANGING every aspect of the original Boat to develop the Victory Race Boat.
A tone down version of that is what became MTI. They are still making changes to improve speed, handling and safety.
They are no similarities between the MIT and the Skater today other than they both have a tunnel and 2 sponsons.
Peter builds a great boat, But give Randy and Gary their due. They build a great boat as well and it nothing like a skater.
It was my understanding that at one point early in his career Mr. Scism worked for Skater. If such is not the case I apologize. Additionally, I take nothing away from the boat they build today. It's success speaks for itself.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KiloKat
Both boats are definately very very nice!
Thou covet? you got your own toys

Last edited by Anarchy Powerboats; 07-16-2006 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzi38ZR
I'm sure it's probably on here somewhere but I can't find it.... is the Mercedez MTI officially licensed ? I'm mean did they work with the MB factory or just put it together on a custom request ?
Can't really answer that, I do know I was told the owner is a Benz dealer (in Long Island I believe?)
Old 07-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, TZX IS old.. He's got a black n white digital camera
Old 07-16-2006, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Byrdman
Yea...he should...all propaganda and bs.
Intelligent,and speaks well is what I was thinking.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SLANDREW
Do you play the drums better tha JC
I do not know....JC is JC Perf? I believe I heard he is a player. I sent him a PM a long time ago about drumming but never got a reply so I did not thing he played...is it his hobby...doesn't he build engines?
I used to play professionally for years, made my living at it then moved over into the manufacturing/sales side of things. I do not play like I used to ever since I lost my left leg. I work for DW drums and I change my avitar every so often and I love this kit in my avitar.

What's up with the roll eyes?
Old 07-18-2006, 12:16 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane
It was my understanding that at one point early in his career Mr. Scism worked for Skater. If such is not the case I apologize. Additionally, I take nothing away from the boat they build today. It's success speaks for itself.
Shane:

You're in the ballpark but not quite on base.

Randy never worked for Skater, he was one of a lucky few, with Ed Colyer, who were referred (by Peter!) to the oompah's in Dubai ( A nice favor that included full expenses and salaries to race boats)..... and Randy networked that opportunity into heading up the Dubai owned Victory Team.

At that time...Skater was Victory's exclusive hull. Shortly thereafter...... The Victory team stretched the 40'Skater into the 43 foot Victory (instead of commissioning Peter to do it)...... This can also be done to a 36 Skater........

You have to know your history before entering the fray, because as we all know...history repeats itself.

T2x
Old 07-18-2006, 12:33 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x

Please........ Sea trials are not as common as you might think.

Basically, the engines are started to "see if they run"....Maybe the boat is floated to be sure there are no leaks....... and that's about it in many cases.

T2x

I agree T2X..

When ya see a problem on a boat and redo it better ya wonder why the hell did they do it that way

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Quick Reply: Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.