Dragon Powerboats. Registry >

Dragon Powerboats. Registry

Notices

Dragon Powerboats. Registry

Old 07-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 2,943 Likes on 978 Posts
Default Re: Dragon Powerboats. Registry

Hey dumb azz (in case you were confused I'm talking to you Vtech).

Just to let you know the boat "that broke apart" as you put it won again last week in Europe. They are doing very well over there. What you may be refering to when you said it broke apart was actually the glued on lifting strake. They were placed on with adhesive so they could be removed. The race boat (apro) got into some BIG water and the strake peeled back taking the paint with it, no hull damage at all. Dragon sent a crew over to do the repair which took three days.
Then they went out and won a race. The next one out of the mold (#7 I believe, not just 3 built as you posted) is headed for Spain.

So before you go off shooting your mouth about sh!t you know nothing about, you may want to check your self first. As stated before the team behind Dragon has been around for many years with a long and distinguished past on and off the race course. Do a little research and figure your facts out before you come off looking like a totally un-informed jack hole....As you did.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tank, I am leaving for new york on saturday and just may have to stop by this guys house and explain things to him, compton style
Old 07-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Banned

notice v tec does not respond anymore, he's sucking on his moma's nipple
Old 07-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Registered

You sound like a thug Jeff!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 08:33 PM
Registered

You guys aren't getting it.

I think the Dragon's are a good boat. I have no reason to think their junk. I'm sure the hull is a "fast" design. Alot of these hull bottoms are similiar (strake size, rear strakes stagger outboard, chines of similar dimesion, CG in the middle of the step, flat or 1/2 degree rocker each step). I may start a website comparing hull designs(with data provided) then we can quantify things.(another story)

I just wonder (i.e. I would like to LEARN why) the one boat went 70mpg(according to Powerboat magazine). I don't think it is something intrinsic to the hull design.

I don't have a beef with the Dragon's or any team that runs them. In fact, I'm sure their better than alot of other manufacturers (fairer hull because it's cnc milled, good styling, epoxy?). I misspoke with the word "broke apart", more specifically I should have said small delamination.

I understand the attempt not to air "dirty laundry". However, it has already been aired in Powerboat Magazine. I think it would be smart for Dragon to say "props were on upside and backwards-whatever"

Understand, I'm not bashing the hull. In fact, I thought the Dragon in Powerboat had a sweet original paint job.

As this is a new brand, a "start up" if you will, I am curious as to the production numbers, etc. Much like the Apache guys wanna know how many 47's were built, how many 42's, etc.

As to the Compton style whatever. Send me a private email and maybe we can work something out.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Registered

Jeff you can't threaten people like that, Vtec you should stop before you further discredit yourself, piss poor posting and completely uncalled for. Most of us conduct ourselves as friends and gentlemen on this board, get with the program.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 2,943 Likes on 978 Posts

Originally Posted by vtec
You guys aren't getting it.

I think the Dragon's are a good boat. I have no reason to think their junk. I'm sure the hull is a "fast" design. Alot of these hull bottoms are similiar (strake size, rear strakes stagger outboard, chines of similar dimesion, CG in the middle of the step, flat or 1/2 degree rocker each step). I may start a website comparing hull designs(with data provided) then we can quantify things.(another story)

I just wonder (i.e. I would like to LEARN why) the one boat went 70mpg(according to Powerboat magazine). I don't think it is something intrinsic to the hull design.

I don't have a beef with the Dragon's or any team that runs them. In fact, I'm sure their better than alot of other manufacturers (fairer hull because it's cnc milled, good styling, epoxy?). I misspoke with the word "broke apart", more specifically I should have said small delamination.

I understand the attempt not to air "dirty laundry". However, it has already been aired in Powerboat Magazine. I think it would be smart for Dragon to say "props were on upside and backwards-whatever"

Understand, I'm not bashing the hull. In fact, I thought the Dragon in Powerboat had a sweet original paint job.

As this is a new brand, a "start up" if you will, I am curious as to the production numbers, etc. Much like the Apache guys wanna know how many 47's were built, how many 42's, etc.

As to the Compton style whatever. Send me a private email and maybe we can work something out.

If this original thread came off as respectful as your last post did then there would be no problem. Posting "with an attitude" and misquoting facts is not cool and is going to piss people off. If you came across originally with the inocent "I just want to know what's up" plea instead of the "Dragons are pieces of sh!t and are going out of business" post then maybe you'd be taken seriously.

Again, if you are that curious as to the issues with Eric's boat call Eric or Craig at Dragon. Read between the lines of the other post and the PBM article. Whether it was Xdimension, rigging, drive gearing, or issues with the hull they have been resolved and the boat runs in excess of 110-115 for well under the price of many other high end boats.

Do yourself a favor and delete this post and start over.

Oh, and by the way...Jeff is a thug Nort, have you seen that guy?!

Last edited by thisistank; 07-07-2006 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by vtec
Lets start a registry. Name(of boat) and location of boat. HIN also.

These are potential collectors items given the history of Dragon Powerboats owner.

I'm aware of 3 hulls. The first demo, the one that broke apart in europe, and the one Powerboat magazine just tested(the one with the sweet blue paint job).
Man are you nuts????? Or do you just like to stir the pot?? What kind of boat do you own? I bet you can't even afford to buy the gas in my boat. TOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Schweeng
Is Dragon closing up shop? Vtec what do you know?
Chris?? What are you thinking? Dragon is NOT going out of business.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Registered

For Christ sakes people. Get a F@#*&g grip. Can't anyone just be happy that I have a great boat that runs fast???? Craig Barrie has been nothing but supportive to me with this project.

The F&*%&n horse is dead. Leave it alone.

Quick Reply: Dragon Powerboats. Registry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.