Like Tree0Likes

What Is The

Reply
Old 07-15-2006, 12:18 PM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
BY U BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HOUSTON ,TX
My Boats: 91 Scarab 21' Excel/1999 Proline 200 sport
Posts: 8,778
Default What Is The

Best Way To Drain 60 Gallons Of Fuel From A 21 Scarab. I Tried To Siphon It Out But That Does Not Seem To Work. The Reason That I Am Asking Is The Fuel Has Been In The Tank For 3 Months Now With No Stabilizer Since I Was Not Expecting It To Be This Long Of A Rebuild. My Other Question Is Can I Just Drain Some Out And Replace With Aviation Fuel And How Much. Thanks Patrick
BY U BOY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:15 PM
  #2
Registered
 
Reed Jensen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 8,301
Default Re: What Is The

Burn it.... it probably isn't that bad yet. It usually takes about 1 year for gas to be bad enough that it varnishes up everything.
Reed Jensen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:27 PM
  #3
Registered
Thread Starter
 
BY U BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HOUSTON ,TX
My Boats: 91 Scarab 21' Excel/1999 Proline 200 sport
Posts: 8,778
Default Re: What Is The

I Have Been Told That This 10 Percent Ethanol Breaks Down In 2 To 4 Weeks. I Was Thinking That I Could Pull 20 Gallons Out Then Replace With Race Or Aviation Fuel Since I Am Running 10.5:1 Comp.
BY U BOY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:37 PM
  #4
Registered
 
DirtyMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Murrayville, GA
My Boats: 368 Skater, 33 Scarab AVS(Sold), Fountain 48EC Yanmar/Arneson, Deep Impact 33LS
Posts: 3,010
Default Re: What Is The

Get a cheap electric fuel pump($50) from a parts store and connect a hose to either end and siphon it out.
DirtyMoney is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:43 PM
  #5
Registered
Thread Starter
 
BY U BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HOUSTON ,TX
My Boats: 91 Scarab 21' Excel/1999 Proline 200 sport
Posts: 8,778
Default Re: What Is The

I Will Give That A Try. Atleast I Can Burn It In My Truck. :d
BY U BOY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 02:49 PM
  #6
Registered
 
speedygonzalez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: agua dulce, ca
My Boats: 2006 warlock diablo
Posts: 102
Default Re: What Is The

Quote:
Originally Posted by BY U BOY
Best Way To Drain 60 Gallons Of Fuel From A 21 Scarab. I Tried To Siphon It Out But That Does Not Seem To Work. The Reason That I Am Asking Is The Fuel Has Been In The Tank For 3 Months Now With No Stabilizer Since I Was Not Expecting It To Be This Long Of A Rebuild. My Other Question Is Can I Just Drain Some Out And Replace With Aviation Fuel And How Much. Thanks Patrick
I have had very good succses with an outboard hand pump, just squeese it until it flows no moving parts to maintain and no power needed.
speedygonzalez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 03:26 PM
  #7
Registered
Thread Starter
 
BY U BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HOUSTON ,TX
My Boats: 91 Scarab 21' Excel/1999 Proline 200 sport
Posts: 8,778
Default Re: What Is The

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygonzalez
I have had very good succses with an outboard hand pump, just squeese it until it flows no moving parts to maintain and no power needed.
I HAVE AFEW OF THOSE IN THE GARAGE. I'LL JACK THE FRONT OF THE BOAT UP AND RUN A HOSE TO THE DRAIN HOLE AND INTO FOLDING FUEL CELL. THANKS
BY U BOY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 03:49 PM
  #8
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: FORTLAUDERDALE, FLORIDA
My Boats: 99 problems
Posts: 4,229
Default Re: What Is The

Quote:
Originally Posted by BY U BOY
Best Way To Drain 60 Gallons Of Fuel From A 21 Scarab. I Tried To Siphon It Out But That Does Not Seem To Work. The Reason That I Am Asking Is The Fuel Has Been In The Tank For 3 Months Now With No Stabilizer Since I Was Not Expecting It To Be This Long Of A Rebuild. My Other Question Is Can I Just Drain Some Out And Replace With Aviation Fuel And How Much. Thanks Patrick
Go to hi/lo, oriliey, autozone, etc, ask for a small electric fuel pump, get some fuel line, (i got about 50' of it) and then hook it up to a battery and drain away. Its pretty easy, I can help you next weekend if you havent gotten to it by then, I have the pump and the hose, but unfortunately my bro is in the hospital this weekend and I have to be with him.
spk1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:20 PM
  #9
Registered
Thread Starter
 
BY U BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HOUSTON ,TX
My Boats: 91 Scarab 21' Excel/1999 Proline 200 sport
Posts: 8,778
Default Re: What Is The

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk1
Go to hi/lo, oriliey, autozone, etc, ask for a small electric fuel pump, get some fuel line, (i got about 50' of it) and then hook it up to a battery and drain away. Its pretty easy, I can help you next weekend if you havent gotten to it by then, I have the pump and the hose, but unfortunately my bro is in the hospital this weekend and I have to be with him.
I PLAN ON DOING THIS NEXT WEEKEND. JUST WANT TO GET MY DUCKS IN A ROW BEFORE I GET MY ENGINE BACK FROM THE SHOP. I HOPE YOUR BROTHER IS OK. THANKS FOR THE OFFER I MAY TAKE YOU UP ON THAT. NOT THAT I CANT DO IT ON MY OWN BUT I WOULD LIKE TO MEET SOME FELLOW OSOERS IN MY AREA THAT SHARE THE SAME PASSION AS I DO AND THROW BACK A FEW.
BY U BOY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:20 PM
  #10
Registered
Thread Starter
 
BY U BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HOUSTON ,TX
My Boats: 91 Scarab 21' Excel/1999 Proline 200 sport
Posts: 8,778
Default Re: What Is The

Spk1 Waht Rig Do You Run And Where?
BY U BOY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.