Like Tree0Likes

What Is The

Old 07-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Registered

My Boats: 91 Scarab 21' Excel/1999 Proline 200 sport
Default What Is The

Best Way To Drain 60 Gallons Of Fuel From A 21 Scarab. I Tried To Siphon It Out But That Does Not Seem To Work. The Reason That I Am Asking Is The Fuel Has Been In The Tank For 3 Months Now With No Stabilizer Since I Was Not Expecting It To Be This Long Of A Rebuild. My Other Question Is Can I Just Drain Some Out And Replace With Aviation Fuel And How Much. Thanks Patrick
Old 07-15-2006, 01:15 PM
Registered

Default Re: What Is The

Burn it.... it probably isn't that bad yet. It usually takes about 1 year for gas to be bad enough that it varnishes up everything.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Registered

I Have Been Told That This 10 Percent Ethanol Breaks Down In 2 To 4 Weeks. I Was Thinking That I Could Pull 20 Gallons Out Then Replace With Race Or Aviation Fuel Since I Am Running 10.5:1 Comp.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:37 PM
Registered

My Boats: 368 Skater, 33 Scarab AVS(Sold), Fountain 48EC Yanmar/Arneson, Deep Impact 33LS

Get a cheap electric fuel pump($50) from a parts store and connect a hose to either end and siphon it out.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:43 PM
Registered

I Will Give That A Try. Atleast I Can Burn It In My Truck. :d
Old 07-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2006 warlock diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BY U BOY
Best Way To Drain 60 Gallons Of Fuel From A 21 Scarab. I Tried To Siphon It Out But That Does Not Seem To Work. The Reason That I Am Asking Is The Fuel Has Been In The Tank For 3 Months Now With No Stabilizer Since I Was Not Expecting It To Be This Long Of A Rebuild. My Other Question Is Can I Just Drain Some Out And Replace With Aviation Fuel And How Much. Thanks Patrick
I have had very good succses with an outboard hand pump, just squeese it until it flows no moving parts to maintain and no power needed.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygonzalez
I have had very good succses with an outboard hand pump, just squeese it until it flows no moving parts to maintain and no power needed.
I HAVE AFEW OF THOSE IN THE GARAGE. I'LL JACK THE FRONT OF THE BOAT UP AND RUN A HOSE TO THE DRAIN HOLE AND INTO FOLDING FUEL CELL. THANKS
Old 07-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Registered

My Boats: 99 problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by BY U BOY
Go to hi/lo, oriliey, autozone, etc, ask for a small electric fuel pump, get some fuel line, (i got about 50' of it) and then hook it up to a battery and drain away. Its pretty easy, I can help you next weekend if you havent gotten to it by then, I have the pump and the hose, but unfortunately my bro is in the hospital this weekend and I have to be with him.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk1
Go to hi/lo, oriliey, autozone, etc, ask for a small electric fuel pump, get some fuel line, (i got about 50' of it) and then hook it up to a battery and drain away. Its pretty easy, I can help you next weekend if you havent gotten to it by then, I have the pump and the hose, but unfortunately my bro is in the hospital this weekend and I have to be with him.
I PLAN ON DOING THIS NEXT WEEKEND. JUST WANT TO GET MY DUCKS IN A ROW BEFORE I GET MY ENGINE BACK FROM THE SHOP. I HOPE YOUR BROTHER IS OK. THANKS FOR THE OFFER I MAY TAKE YOU UP ON THAT. NOT THAT I CANT DO IT ON MY OWN BUT I WOULD LIKE TO MEET SOME FELLOW OSOERS IN MY AREA THAT SHARE THE SAME PASSION AS I DO AND THROW BACK A FEW.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Registered

Spk1 Waht Rig Do You Run And Where?