Notices

Toronto OFFSHORE RACES

Old 07-16-2006, 08:46 PM
cloke

Default Toronto OFFSHORE RACES

SEAN/BOB

Thankyou both for hooking me up as a volunteer. Really enjoyed myself.Found it very interesting.Because I sat all day at Turn 1 couldnt see grandstand. Were the races well attended?
If it was the organizers got to be happy because the event was perfectly organized and appeared to run very well without incident and who could ask for better weather and water conditions.
You dont realize it until it matters about how much **** is floating around Lake Ontario that can hurt your boat. Again Thanks.
I owe Sean dinner.

Old 07-16-2006, 10:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: Toronto OFFSHORE RACES

Originally Posted by cloke
SEAN/BOB

Thankyou both for hooking me up as a volunteer. Really enjoyed myself.Found it very interesting.Because I sat all day at Turn 1 couldnt see grandstand. Were the races well attended?
If it was the organizers got to be happy because the event was perfectly organized and appeared to run very well without incident and who could ask for better weather and water conditions.
You dont realize it until it matters about how much **** is floating around Lake Ontario that can hurt your boat. Again Thanks.
I owe Sean dinner.
Glad you enjoyed the day Alec. We did as well and yes OSS is very well organized. A great group of professionals that have their act together.
I was located at Start/Finish and had a great view. Lots of people along the shoreline at Ontario Place.
I have some pics but too tired to sort thru them tonight. I will post a few tomorrow. Jayboat flew up from FL to be with us and he had his big picture taker and will be posting some great shots when he is back in FL Monday night. Watch for them.
See you next weekend at Lake Ontario Poker Run.
Bob
Old 07-17-2006, 06:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we have a few hundred pics from turn 7. the attendance looked OK on the land side, the after race party was good at the Docks. i spoke with Pierre and he seemed pretty happy after it was all over. Thank god we have an Anchor shade and a big fridge it was really hot. anyway there are some pics on the other site.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the whole weekend on land ( in the pits ), the new OSS is much different from the old days, better I mean. As Billy Mauff said, "its like family". everyone looking out for each other.
Well organized, BUT... the gate fees were so high the no one, except maybe me went in the dry pits. All the vendors there stood alone in there booths. At other races (in the old days) the pits were open and the fans came streaming in to see the teams and boats.

I also spent an hour talking to Ken Warby and his crew, fastest man on water, definitely a high light. Thanks to AMF for bringing him along, and for the hospitality, the shrimp was great, again "like family".

I hope for a return next year.

Mark
TUFF n' UFF
Offshore racing
Old 07-17-2006, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We had a great time working at the races. Karen deserves a big BRAVO BRAVO for her efforts at organizing the rag tag fleet of volunteers. We were promised "the best seat in the house" and did we ever get it. Thanks to all the racers and their support teams for making the trek to Toronto and putting on one heck of a show. Big congrats to the winners who braved the heat and the debris fields ( we tried to keep the course firewood free) but it was tough. We told Karen as we left yesterday evening that we would definately be back as volunteers when OSS comes back to town.

Bob, thanks again for the Nor Tech limo service to dinner Friday and Saturday night. (psssssss, wanna great deal on a stern light bulb)

JayBoat, it was great meeting you Eh!

Bob Teague, thanks for telling us we had a "cool boat". That kinda made my wife's day.

P.S.
Alec, I'll gladly trade ya dinner for a ride in that beast of yours.
I'll even buy the cool bevies afterwards. And another dinner and...........

Last edited by Airpacker; 07-17-2006 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Here are a few pics from our el primo location near start/finish. As you can see weather was near perfect and conditions were great. Make sure you all come back OSS.
btb
Attached Thumbnails Toronto OFFSHORE RACES-2006-toronto-oss-offshore-races-046.jpg   Toronto OFFSHORE RACES-2006-toronto-oss-offshore-races-047.jpg   Toronto OFFSHORE RACES-2006-toronto-oss-offshore-races-008.jpg  

Old 07-17-2006, 12:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Few more;
Attached Thumbnails Toronto OFFSHORE RACES-2006-toronto-oss-offshore-races-010.jpg   Toronto OFFSHORE RACES-2006-toronto-oss-offshore-races-016.jpg   Toronto OFFSHORE RACES-2006-toronto-oss-offshore-races-030.jpg  

Old 07-17-2006, 06:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks to all of you for coming out and supporting the Toronto races,becuse without you there would be no racing!!Tom Abrams Reliable Carriers
Old 07-17-2006, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice running pics! I wish I was there...hopefully on my own terms next year (and ideally every year after that!)