Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
This guy's first day as a boat owner could have been better... >

This guy's first day as a boat owner could have been better...

Notices

This guy's first day as a boat owner could have been better...

Old 07-18-2006, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: This guy's first day as a boat owner could have been better...

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
True, but now the legal limit is .03 in most states. which is about 1 drink an hour for some people. I woudlnt consider that "drunk" It used to be .08, which was closer. If they werent dricing reclessly, it was a BS charge. If they were, then he should have gotten written up for wreckless driving. Dotn take this the wrong way, sorry to hear about your friends, and people that are actually "drunk" and drive are retarded and shoudl get stiffer penalties
.03! Where is that? Here in MI it's still .08. The brathalyzer is just too subjective IMO. I don't want sloppy out-of-control drunks on the roads or water either, but let's face it .08 isn't drunk for most people and .03 is nothing short of ridiculous! Just another way to make more money!
Old 07-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

An 0.8 is more buzzed than you think for a lot of people.

To get to an .08, a 180 male can drink about 6 beers in 2 hours.

And where is this .03 limit??????????? Federal Standards with highway funds attached are what got states to go from a .1 down to a .08 limit on the roads. Boating law limits followed in most states.

LOTO is still .10 on the water
Old 07-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Griff]An 0.8 is more buzzed than you think for a lot of people.

To get to an .08, a 180 male can drink about 6 beers in 2 hours.[QUOTE]

That's why it's subjective. A 21 year old that has never drank before is going to be pretty buzzed at .08. A guy that has been drinking for 15 years .08 is just getting warmed up! I know at .08 I could pass ANY sobriety test, except the breathalyzer!

By the way, if a 180 lb man had 6 beers in 2 hours he's gonna be knocking on .10. And if you only have 1 more beer in the next two hours you're still going to be over .08. 7 beers in 4 hours and you're going to jail.

I AM NOT making a light situation about drinking and driving. I don't want sloppy drunks out on the roads(or water) either! It just sucks when I guy can't go have dinner and a few drinks without having to worry about going to jail on the way home cause he might blow a ..081.

Last edited by onesickpantera; 07-19-2006 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im honestly sick and tired of slowly having my civil liberties taken away one by one .. Get over it accidents happen alchohol or not ..
Freakin "do gooders"
Old 07-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Im honestly sick and tired of slowly having my civil liberties taken away one by one .. Get over it accidents happen alchohol or not ..
Freakin "do gooders"
I don't like our liberties taken away either. Get over it? YOU might change your mind if your wife, kid, sister, brother was killed by an irresponsible idiot that has 2 DWI's and is still driving....

What an idiotic thing to say. There are some people here that have lost friends, family because of stupid incidents like drinking. I am not perfect, nor do I claim to be perfect, but I don't mess around with drining and driving in any car or boat.

Last edited by Semper Fi; 07-19-2006 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
What an idiotic thing to say. There are some people here that have lost friends, family because of stupid incidents like drinking.
Others might think your position is a little extreme, too. What about the guys that lose their jobs for blowing a .08 bac and can't get to and from work because their license was suspended? What about the kid under 21 that has to blow his college tuition money because he blew a .02 bac (legal limit for <21 in many states)? NO ONE was hurt in these situations except the driver.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
Others might think your position is a little extreme, too. What about the guys that lose their jobs for blowing a .08 bac and can't get to and from work because their license was suspended? What about the kid under 21 that has to blow his college tuition money because he blew a .02 bac (legal limit for <21 in many states)? NO ONE was hurt in these situations except the driver.
Exactly! The guy coming home after playing golf that had a few beers deserves to pay $5000 and lose his license because he blew a .08, even though he was driving fine?

Like I said, I don't want sloppy drunks out there either. But why do we have to nail every single person out there that blows a .08? I think some emphasis needs to be put on the coordination sobriety tests.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Registered

I dont condone driving blotto or even after a rack. Nor could I Imagine the pain of loosing a loved one ..
However authorities have taken it too far and are ruining peoples lives, not to mention revenues for what should be minor offences.
If you have a track record or cant keep it between the lines, penalize accordingly !
Hey semper why dont you grow a set instead of editing your posts
I stand by my comments and NO theres no political corectness in me, cant stand it.
No Ive never had a DUI nor do I
Old 07-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by X-Rated30

It may sound a little extreme until something happens to someone you care about....the fact is you play, you pay....sometimes other people pay the price for other peoples stupidity.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Hey semper why dont you grow a set instead of editing your posts
Grow a set? I'd love to see you say that to my face. You would change your tuffguy attittude.

Quick Reply: This guy's first day as a boat owner could have been better...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.