Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   looking for info on the mich light larry smith scarab bernie little's/ racer (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/135696-looking-info-mich-light-larry-smith-scarab-bernie-littles-racer.html)

ratman 07-25-2006 05:55 AM

Re: looking for info on the mich light larry smith scarab bernie little's/ racer

i was really surprised at thier position, but it was a dumb biotch that i was speaking to on the phone. i wonder if she's ever seen an offshore race or even knew who bernie little was, lmao

BODYSHOT1 07-27-2006 03:33 PM

Re: looking for info on the mich light larry smith scarab bernie little's/ racer

1 Attachment(s)
:cool:

ratman 07-27-2006 04:17 PM

bodyshot great pic, thx

TeamSaris 07-27-2006 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by BODYSHOT1
:cool:

Offshore Racin' At Its Finest. :cool:

bouyhunter 07-27-2006 05:40 PM

Great pic :cool:

lucky strike 07-27-2006 07:55 PM

Your a lucky guy to own that Boat

Top Banana 07-27-2006 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by ratman
was wondering about its racing career and where its been since. thx for any info. also looking for someone to tow it from the lancaster area of pa to mer performance in little river sc in about 10 days- 2 weeks. rm

Phil Congratulations......I have some great shots of the boat in the original livery as OUTRAGEOUS....After Joey won the Bushmills race in '78, Bernie agreed to sponsor him again.

The second photo that you are showing in post # 1 is actually Betty Cook with boat #89 when she was sponsored by Bernie. It is the same type of boat, a 38 foot Scarab, but it is not the same as your boat #3.

I also have some shots of the beer can gas tanks, that I will post in the next day or two. I will need all kinds of photos from you of the restoration for the HORBA website.

Charlie McCarthy
www.historicraceboats.com

offshoredrillin 07-27-2006 10:19 PM

Phil, I'm not to far from lancaster, if it's on a decent trailer and you're in a bind, dinner and partying will get it to ya, will have to be on a weekend when I dont have my daughter, but let me know. I can get it for you and keep it safe if you need...Rob

LEOPAJM 09-28-2006 11:18 AM

Where can I get some of those Michelob Light posters ???

ducktail 09-28-2006 12:51 PM

The discussion with the Michelob company reminded me of the wider freedom in cases were art is involved. FULL THROTTLE would mean is this case that you get somebody from the surrounding of Andy Warhol to do to your paintjob what Warhol did to tomatosoup:

http://art.weblogsinc.com/2004/04/17...rhol-campbell/

This would mean that you dont do it in vinyl but do the paint slightly more artificial than the original letters and that you do it together with two artists, one from the tomatosoup gang and one of the boatpainters who you have chosen, if you dont want to do it all alone. If you change the letters slightly artifical you will be allowed to paint them like Warhol was allowed doing. I wonder whether a student from a graphic college would like to try that with the Michelob letters on a famous hull in a Warhol-style allusion.