Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   looking for info on the mich light larry smith scarab bernie little's/ racer (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/135696-looking-info-mich-light-larry-smith-scarab-bernie-littles-racer.html)

ratman 07-20-2006 05:51 PM

looking for info on the mich light larry smith scarab bernie little's/ racer

3 Attachment(s)
was wondering about its racing career and where its been since. thx for any info. also looking for someone to tow it from the lancaster area of pa to mer performance in little river sc in about 10 days- 2 weeks. rm

FeverMike 07-20-2006 07:58 PM

Re: looking for info on the mich light larry smith scarab bernie little's/ racer

Oh sweet! Awesome classic offshore racer! I bet that is a smooth riding hull. Good luck with your new boat.

Stormrider 07-20-2006 08:45 PM

Re: looking for info on the mich light larry smith scarab bernie little's/ racer

rat, nice buy!!!

BTW, can anyone take that 1st pic, draw arrows and name the boats... lots of cool stuff in there... awsome.

Stormrider 07-20-2006 08:45 PM

rat, you gonna bring it back to its old glory?
repaint the tanks as beer cans.

NJgr8ful 07-20-2006 08:50 PM

Bring her back Rat! :cool:

Phuck Coors Light (he just got a DWI by the way) and Bud (just kidding Kilo Kat :D LOL ) :eek: :evilb:

lucky strike 07-20-2006 09:06 PM

Rat-------------- DO IT !!!

tomtbone1993 07-20-2006 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by NJgr8ful
Bring her back Rat! :cool:

Phuck Coors Light (he just got a DWI by the way) and Bud (just kidding Kilo Kat :D LOL ) :eek: :evilb:

Michelob Light is a Anheuser-Busch product :cool: so is Natural Light :cool:

Bulldog 07-21-2006 12:53 AM

Rat-
CongRATulations!!!
I think the boat you have was the one raced by Joey Ippolito. In Searace by Mr. John Crouse, refer to pages 279 to 281- the boat is pictured with a caption indicating it started as 'Outrageous' and won the 78 Bushmills Grand Prix with T-man Jack Stuteville and navigator Bill Vogel. Bernie Little saw the boat run and decided to sponsor it. There are 2 teardrop running light just under the rub railabout 5 feet from the bow.

On pages 288-289 the boat is pictured with the beer can fuel tanks....

The Michelob Light boat running #89 or US-1 is the boat Betty Cook ran (for a while with Bill Vogel)- I have that boat and am restoring it. Please call me at 1-985-893-3831- I am usually up until about 12:00 PM Central.

Ronnie aka Bulldog

ratman 07-21-2006 04:32 AM

im buying it! im putting 1000hp blown powerin it, im putting my mistress on ebay sat afternoon, as soon as i sell my mistress im gonna get it towed to my engine guy in nc, i called anheiser busch and they had a lame attatude about me painting it back to the original paint scheme so i'll probably paint it white and do the lettering in vinyl so if i get a letter from the beer co. lawyer i can just peel off the lettering!

CigDaze 07-21-2006 07:28 AM

Sweet. Congrats Rat! That boat's going to be a lot of fun. :cool:

ratman 07-21-2006 09:05 AM

thx nick, im pretty fired up about it, it came complete less power, has the huge tabs, ssm#3a drives, bam trannies, full stagger, the large gil exhaust, the four rear fuel tanks are new so i need to find a clear color pic of how the tanks were painted like beer cans to copy them, hull is in god shape but needs a small repair from where the deck popped in argentina, while racing in 12 foot sees, all the gauges are there, im going to add a small pod to the dash with the extra gauges for the blower motors, a buddy of mine won a world championship in kw and says it grandfathers him in for entering a boat in future years without having to run it in other races during the year to qualify for the worlds. anyone know if this is true? if so im gonna try to run it in key west this year, predator watch your 6! this winteri was thinking about making it a six man bolster in the cockpit so there is room for more babes and was going to do a half cabin so there is a spot to get out of the fla sun, i am not going to glass in the cabin seating so it will be easily removable, i will also keep the original 3 man bolster set up if i do a six pack. i would really like to see ore pics of this boat, is jeoy ipalioto still around? anyone knoiw ehere he is or how to contact him? thx, rm

NJgr8ful 07-21-2006 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Michelob Light is a Anheuser-Busch product :cool: so is Natural Light :cool:

LOL ... I drink vodka :cool: Ketel One owned by Carolus Nolet, Sr. of Holland :D :D :evilb:

Chatim Racing 07-21-2006 09:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Congrats Phil!! Awesome boat!!

I definitely want to take a ride when you get her down here! Maybe you'll bring her over to the east coast sometime and we can "Ocean" race her against Donz Jr. and Lucky Strike for lunch at Shooters..?

Here's a couple of pics for you... Also I am sending you some DVD's of your new boat in action...you're going to love it! 1978 St. Pete and 1978 Bacardi.

Chatim Racing 07-21-2006 09:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
2 more...

bgchuby01 07-21-2006 11:22 AM

Hey give me a call and I will see if I can help you. 909-*********

bgchuby01 07-21-2006 11:23 AM

right now I am busy eating baked clams with JC and Angelo

lucky strike 07-21-2006 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Chatim Racing

I definitely want to take a ride when you get her down here! Maybe you'll bring her over to the east coast sometime and we can "Ocean" race her against Donz Jr. and Lucky Strike for lunch at Shooters..?

Thanks Charlie
At least someone likes my idea !
Mabe we can put togeather 10 boats for the " Fun Run "
Anyone else interested ?

thedonz 07-21-2006 04:36 PM

yea we can leave from port everglades and head out 30 miles into offshore turn around and head back in last place pays for lunch at shooters

mike

lucky strike 07-21-2006 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by thedonz
yea we can leave from port everglades and head out 30 miles into offshore turn around and head back in last place pays for lunch at shooters

mike

Mike..... Your boat, Bobbys Boat & I'll bring the F-2
Thats 3 already....... You work on Frank !

lucky strike 07-21-2006 04:57 PM

Maybe we can get Charlie & Chalie Jr to go.
Ratman get the Scarab ready !

Lets make this happen !

Strip Poker 388 07-21-2006 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by ratman
im buying it! im putting 1000hp blown powerin it, im putting my mistress on ebay sat afternoon, as soon as i sell my mistress im gonna get it towed to my engine guy in nc, i called anheiser busch and they had a lame attatude about me painting it back to the original paint scheme so i'll probably paint it white and do the lettering in vinyl so if i get a letter from the beer co. lawyer i can just peel off the lettering!

Puck anheiser busch !!! I would restore it back like it was ,it looks like it has a lot of history..its a cool looking boat.Congrats Phil and keep us posted on the build up.

Rob :drink:

SCARABJ 07-21-2006 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
right now I am busy eating baked clams with JC and Angelo

is this code for chicks that smoke tweed??

lucky strike 07-21-2006 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by SCARABJ
is this code for chicks that smoke tweed??

No he is just a big eater & he is with his son...
Like having a rev limiter.... :D

bouyhunter 07-21-2006 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Maybe we can get Charlie & Chalie Jr to go.
Ratman get the Scarab ready !

Lets make this happen !

If you all make this happen, Rat - I'll buy a plane ticket to make it down for the run - If'n you're willing
:D

lucky strike 07-21-2006 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
If you all make this happen, Rat - I'll buy a plane ticket to make it down for the run - If'n you're willing
:D

This is what I like to hear!!

bouyhunter 07-21-2006 05:44 PM

A/B can't do a damn thing about how you paint your boat.
This doesn't sound like the Ratman I know. :eek:
Paint it anyway you want, document the history, and then see if you can get some interest at different boat show's (maybe pick up a little coin - at least travel and appearance expenses) to bring the boat as an actual racer from the "Glory Days" with a history - that'll draw crowds better.
Race again in KW if ya can, and show 'em the old girl still got it.

lucky strike 07-21-2006 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
A/B can't do a damn thing about how you paint your boat.
This doesn't sound like the Ratman I know. :eek:
Paint it anyway you want,

This is AMERICA !

ratman 07-22-2006 01:06 AM

anymore color pisc out there? i would like to see a pic of the fuel tanks in color, thx, rm

Comanche3Six 07-22-2006 08:05 AM

Best of Luck!

bouyhunter 07-22-2006 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by lucky strike
This is what I like to hear!!

LS - if you guy's make the run come together (and I think you will :D)
If there's an open seat for a navigator, let me know - I'm in.

Damn, I'm boat whoring again...

bouyhunter 07-22-2006 08:18 AM

Rat - good luck in the sale of the Mistress - someone is gonna get a nice classic offshore.

ratman 07-22-2006 09:49 AM

im listing it on ebay this weekend, hopefully i'll be driving up to get my new ride in a week! wahoo

ratman 07-23-2006 07:29 PM

anyone else have any pics of the mich light scarab in color? thx rm

TeamSaris 07-23-2006 07:46 PM

anyone else have any pics of the mich light scarab in color? thx rm

Rat i will scan a few from searace. Your new ride kicks ass!!!!!!! How much did you get her for?

jryan26 07-23-2006 07:52 PM

was wondering about its racing career and where its been since. thx for any info. also looking for someone to tow it from the lancaster area of pa to mer performance in little river sc in about 10 days- 2 weeks. rm

Thats an awesome boat. I tried to get a buddy to buy that one. Good luck with it!

ratman 07-23-2006 07:55 PM

i have searace, im looking for some color pics so i can get the colors correct when i paint things, would like a clear pic of the fuel tanks that were painted to look like beer cans. thx, rm

TeamSaris 07-23-2006 08:01 PM

i have searace, im looking for some color pics so i can get the colors correct when i paint things, would like a clear pic of the fuel tanks that were painted to look like beer cans. thx, rm

I'll be lookin!!

lucky strike 07-23-2006 08:03 PM

You bought the boat that had the gold drives & tabs. That was the 1st one

I have some pics. of it some place I will go look for you.

CMG 07-23-2006 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rat heres a vintage t shirt for you any ways...

http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/hydro.htm

littlenige 07-25-2006 05:23 AM

Ditto everyone else over the paint job. Itīs free advertising anyhoo. How can they complain?! A few years back the original Dry Martini 36 cig was returned to itīs Martini and Rossi livery with the blessing of the Martini people. If they kick up about it, they suck! This boat would look fantastic as original. Keep it up Rat!