Notices

The Facts

Old 07-27-2006, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: The Facts

tru that, I have Zildjans on my Ludwig kit.........
Old 07-27-2006, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Oh yes .. I know. I wondered what brand you use ... Im partial to Sabian (my dogs name is Sabian Jax ).. and I know what the name means or why (lol) and yes .. it is one of the silly things I notice when Im at concerts (what kind of cymbals the bands usin)
So, do you play drums too? Dang...I change my avitar and find out there are some drummers on this site! Cool!
Old 07-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thedonz
tru that, I have Zildjans on my Ludwig kit.........
donz, I'll be in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami this coming Wednesday thru Fridayvisiting music stores (I sell to all of them). Where do you shop in town?
Old 07-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
So, do you play drums too? Dang...I change my avitar and find out there are some drummers on this site! Cool!

I wouldnt call what I do "playin" but Ive always liked drummers more than the lead singers or guitar players (they are a dime a dozen) but a truly talented extremely skilled drum player is hard to find

(see if we can start another fight on this thread )
Old 07-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KLAATU !
OH YEAH !? Then wheres my Dime ?

Checks in the mail ......
Old 07-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Registered

I wouldnt call what I do "playin" but Ive always liked drummers more than the lead singers or guitar players (they are a dime a dozen) but a truly talented extremely skilled drum player is hard to find

I'm with ya...no fighting with me on that subject. A good drummer can make a bad band sound awesome...and a bad drummer can absolutly ruin a band. So you always liked drummers huh? I knew you were cool but now you are totally the chizit! My wife always like the drummers....something about the rhythm!
Old 07-27-2006, 08:47 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by KLAATU !
Hey Sharky I'm back !
Welcome home.......

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As an engineer, I see ALL (and hear not very much) Guitarists are very expendable these days. My friend Jay Stanley was the guy who wrote "3 AM" for then Tabitha's Secret.....later Matchbox 20. As soon as Rob inked the record deal, BOOM!!! both Jay and the other guy were fired. Jay got payed because of that song and even got some "punative" damages too. It was tough being around him or the other guys sometimes (I go back a little ways with all of them) and the blood got so bad at one time that you couldn't put Rob's mom and Jay's mom in the same room together. (Rob's mom is a piece of work) Hell, my brother was their first Live Engineer but then was fired as they got bigger because the powers that be felt that he was no longer at the band's level. Jay and the other guy (forget his name) were not bad players, had good attitudes but the Record Co. sez u gots 2 go!!! But if you play drums and play them well, you could probably piss on the singer's mom (not Rob's....you will die...by her hand ) and still keep a job!!! (See Dave Chappelle's "R.Kelly impersonation song he did, "I want to piss on you!"
Old 07-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Registered

Ah, yes the music industry...both sides...the instrument sales part and the players part....sure are funny. Back in my LA playing days I was once told I need to record the album but I am too tall and my hair is not long enough for the band! I auditioned for another sleezy glammy rock band but they said no married guys allowed but you are the best drummer we've audtioned in 2 months! In Nashville if you are a player in the studio's they will hardly hire you for a tour and if you are a touring musician they will not let you record...WTF?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:03 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Question Re: The Facts

David Knight,

Could you enlighten the OSO membership to your facts around this issue. ???

We know the Wazzup side of it.

What are your details of what happened ?

Thank you for taking the time to respond......

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Quick Reply: The Facts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.