Notices

Chicago Poker Run 2006

Old 07-25-2006, 02:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Chicago Poker Run 2006

Originally Posted by Ron P
Nice job guys, looks like a huge turn out of incredible hardware.

Looks like your turning this into a MAJOR event.

Hope Marilyn gave you some great coverage, she always does.

Ron

Ron,
We missed having you at this years event. And yes Marilyn plans to give us fantastic coverage in an upcoming EBM issue.
Dan
Old 07-25-2006, 02:04 AM
Registered

Thanks OSO for setting up the photo section for the run and adding so many of your own. I will post the rest of the shots in that section.
Dan

http://www.offshoreonly.com/gallery/...y.php?cat=3056
Old 07-25-2006, 07:38 AM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

SmilingBob,
Great pictures, especially the ones from the start. Brad is right that wasn't all rooster tails!
Old 07-25-2006, 09:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rv
SmilingBob,
Great pictures, especially the ones from the start. Brad is right that wasn't all rooster tails!
Happy Bob, was that the morning start or afternoon start?

tnks for pix of DT.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 10x
Heres the owners of that awesome Lambo, and YES, they were both in the 42 with us for the whole event. AND, look for them here with a new boat next year. I think the "offshore bug" bit the both of them, I know it could'nt of been my driving. LMAO

That was a cool ride. Imagine the guy took 2 parking spots

maybe _TAOD_ doing doughnuts twice in the orange viper made him nervous. did anyone else smell the rubber
Old 07-25-2006, 10:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Yes, they were nice guys but also went to bed too early. Finding parties at 2am gets challenging.

Tell them I said hello.
THEY DID NOT TELL ME THAT PART. I WAS OUT OF TOWN OR YOU AND I MAY STILL BE UP. I WILL LET THEM KNOW THEY EMBARASSED THE CREW FROM SOUTH CHICAGO. LOOK FORWARD TO HOOKING UP WITH YOU GUYS AGAIN. WE ARE ALL HEADING TO THE LOTO SHOOTOUT. SAW SEVERAL OF YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT GOING. LET ME KNOW, WE HAVE LOTS OF CONDOS ALL TOGETHER AND A GREAT GROUP OF PARTIERS GOING. I JUST SOLD MY DONZI BUT YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT MIGHT SNEAK INTO THE SHED BY THEN. HAMMER
Old 07-25-2006, 10:53 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Rio Roses former race boat now poker runner.
Rich Troppolli and Anthony Smith.
A little about Anthony Smith. Anthony owns Wazzup Motorsports. He built these 510 cu.in./750 hp engines that are in the Rio Roses poker runner boat. After a lenghty conversation with Anthony I came to the conclusion that he is a very knowledgeable, and talented young man. He knows all about the Merc #6 drives, and is very, very technical when talking racing engines. Anthony wants to be more involved in the poker run sport. He had a great time in Chicago, and will be back again next summer for next years event. In the meantime, anyone that is looking for a freshen up on their engine package, or looking for a pr. of engines for the race course or poker running, should really contact Anthony. His prices are very, very reasonable, and his quality of work is second to none.

Mike Merola, maybe you can give us a little more info on how to contact Wazzup Motorsports, and talk some shop with Anthony.

Anthony, it was a great pleasure meeting you and talking engines and drives with you. Maybe I'll see you at 1000 islands poker run, but if not, keep up the good work, and we'll be looking for you next year here at the "windy" city.
Best of luck in your business from all the guys and gals here in Chicago.

Frank
Attached Thumbnails Chicago Poker Run 2006-image00018.jpg   Chicago Poker Run 2006-image00021.jpg   Chicago Poker Run 2006-image00023.jpg  

www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 07-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by Downtown42
That was a cool ride. Imagine the guy took 2 parking spots
4 spots, both cars are his. I told him to park them there/like that though, not his fault.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome pictures! Thanks for all the resizing, I know it's a pain. Looks like you all had an awesome time. WOW 77 boats registered...Poker Runs are were it's at. From reading this thread I feel like I really missed out on a lot of fun.
see ya, Mike
Old 07-25-2006, 01:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool Re: Chicago Poker Run 2006

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Awesome pictures! Thanks for all the resizing, I know it's a pain. Looks like you all had an awesome time. WOW 77 boats registered...Poker Runs are were it's at. From reading this thread I feel like I really missed out on a lot of fun.
see ya, Mike
hard to do it in a fishboat

Quick Reply: Chicago Poker Run 2006

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.