Like Tree0Likes

NJ Marina help

Reply
Old 07-24-2006, 09:13 AM
  #1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (3)
 
J-Bonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cleveland, OH / Pewaukee, WI
My Boats: 38 TopGun & 21 Apache Scout
Posts: 4,934
Default NJ Marina help

I am looking at buying a little run about to keep in Jersy and use when i come into town for the remaing part of this summer. By next summer I should be there for good. Could any of you sugest a good and safe marina to store it in on the trailer? I guess closer to nyc the better.
Thanks,
Jr.
J-Bonz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:23 AM
  #2
Geronimo36
Gold Member
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Elkton, MD
My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout
Posts: 11,838
Default Re: NJ Marina help

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Bonz
I am looking at buying a little run about to keep in Jersy and use when i come into town for the remaing part of this summer. By next summer I should be there for good. Could any of you sugest a good and safe marina to store it in on the trailer? I guess closer to nyc the better.
Thanks,
Jr.
Not sure how far you want to travel... but you could always keep it on the trailer over at Atlantic Highlands Marina and take the fast ferry over on the weekends.

Some of the other guys may know better places closer to the city.
Panther is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:25 AM
  #3
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (3)
 
J-Bonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cleveland, OH / Pewaukee, WI
My Boats: 38 TopGun & 21 Apache Scout
Posts: 4,934
Default Re: NJ Marina help

I really would want to find a safe place since I wont be able to check upon it every or every other weekend.
Thanks,
Jr.
J-Bonz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:27 AM
  #4
Geronimo36
Gold Member
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Elkton, MD
My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout
Posts: 11,838
Default Re: NJ Marina help

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Bonz
I really would want to find a safe place since I wont be able to check upon it every or every other weekend.
Thanks,
Jr.
Atlantic is gated and fenced with guards on duty 24/7, never really heard of any theft etc... Closer you get to NYC I guess the more you'll need to worry..
Panther is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:28 AM
  #5
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (3)
 
J-Bonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cleveland, OH / Pewaukee, WI
My Boats: 38 TopGun & 21 Apache Scout
Posts: 4,934
Default Re: NJ Marina help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
Atlantic is gated and fenced with guards on duty 24/7, never really heard of any theft etc... Closer you get to NYC I guess the more you'll need to worry..


Thats exactly what i thought.
J-Bonz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:58 AM
  #6
Registered
 
Tantrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: USR, NJ
My Boats: Stray Cat Statement Marine
Posts: 4,000
Default Re: NJ Marina help

Where in NJ are you moving to?
There are a few of us here that keep them up on the Hudson in the Havestraw area. Its a clean shot from Bergen county and we are in a locked/alarmed warehouse.
Tantrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Codered
General Boating Discussion
1
10-24-2005 06:31 PM
SinkorSwim
General Boating Discussion
1
06-16-2003 10:15 PM
MavFlyBy
General Boating Discussion
2
12-05-2002 06:31 PM
Flashback
General Boating Discussion
1
07-08-2002 09:54 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.