Like Tree0Likes

Miami Vice Huge Let Down! Read This!

Reply
Old 07-27-2006, 02:41 PM
  #61
Registered
 
fund razor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
My Boats: Apache 28 Brave
Posts: 8,170
Default Re: Miami Vice Huge Let Down! Read This!

Did someone say Tom Cruise?

No thanks. I'll pass.
fund razor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:07 PM
  #62
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
rainmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Manahawkin, NJ
Posts: 2,121
Default Re: Miami Vice Huge Let Down! Read This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantera1
Bummer ..it sounds like the director wasnt a true Vice fan ..
The director is Michael Mann....hard to imagine he isn't a "true Vice fan" considering he created and produced the original series.
rainmn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:25 PM
  #63
Registered
 
Pantera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Winnipesaukee
My Boats: NorTech
Posts: 3,457
Default Re: Miami Vice Huge Let Down! Read This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmn
The director is Michael Mann....hard to imagine he isn't a "true Vice fan" considering he created and produced the original series.
To be honest i havnt seen the movie , so i cant honestly say
Pantera1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:10 PM
  #64
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 227
Default Re: Miami Vice Huge Let Down! Read This!

Guys,

Being a newbie, I don't want to offend. I'm disappointed, too, that the boat racing was cut. But to borrow from Michael Corleone, "It's business. Just business."

If the studio thought it could put butts in movie seats with boat racing, they'd dedicate three hours to it. End of story. Studious are alll about making money, nothing wrong with that I guess, and they'll do anything they can to maximize their profits.

As for the "waste" involved, that's Hollywood. All will be forgotten if the movie grosses a few hundred million in domestic and overseas revenue. And even if the movie flops financially, it's not as if Mann won't work again.

As for Mann not being a "Vice" fan, two things come to mind. First, if I'm not mistaken, I think he directed and produced the original series. Second, the original show was pretty lame. Not sure that "staying true" to any of it would have been an improvement.

But it sure would have been nice to see race boats on the big screen.
100-Plus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:23 PM
  #65
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Grand Junction, Co.
My Boats: Boating,Motorcycling,Snowmobiling
Posts: 879
Default Re: Miami Vice Huge Let Down! Read This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100-Plus
Guys,

Being a newbie, I don't want to offend. I'm disappointed, too, that the boat racing was cut. But to borrow from Michael Corleone, "It's business. Just business."

If the studio thought it could put butts in movie seats with boat racing, they'd dedicate three hours to it. End of story. Studious are alll about making money, nothing wrong with that I guess, and they'll do anything they can to maximize their profits.

As for the "waste" involved, that's Hollywood. All will be forgotten if the movie grosses a few hundred million in domestic and overseas revenue. And even if the movie flops financially, it's not as if Mann won't work again.

As for Mann not being a "Vice" fan, two things come to mind. First, if I'm not mistaken, I think he directed and produced the original series. Second, the original show was pretty lame. Not sure that "staying true" to any of it would have been an improvement.

But it sure would have been nice to see race boats on the big screen.
Pretty much sums it up. It really would have been awesome to see more offshore footage, but the percentage of those going to see the movie just for the "boats" is nil.

Sam
Neverfastenuf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:34 PM
  #66
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
ActiveThunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Pompano Beach, Florida
Posts: 3,499
Default Re: Miami Vice Huge Let Down! Read This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BY U BOY
I'LL PASS MAYBE I'LL WATCH SOME OLD BAYWATCH RERUNS AT LEAST THE HAVE BOATS.
If you're watching Baywatch and looking at the boats, we need to talk......
ActiveThunder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:04 AM
  #67
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member
 
Cash Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the way to a PR near you
My Boats: 2009 Skater 3212- Mad Props-- 27' Conceot CC t/275VRods
Posts: 11,959
Default Re: Miami Vice Huge Let Down! Read This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
If you're watching Baywatch and looking at the boats, we need to talk......
What he said.........
__________________
Your OSO connection to great S. Florida Real Estate.
www.gregsellswaterfront.com
Cash Bar is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 06:56 AM
  #68
Registered
VIP Member
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (2)
 
LubeJobs42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Fort Lauderdale
My Boats: 44 MTI 39 MTI 35 MOTION 16 DONZI
Posts: 3,594
Default Re: Miami Vice Huge Let Down! Read This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzi38ZR
I can't believe this many people would take someone's word who is pissed off because his boat did not make the cut ! the statement..... " The only race boat scene in the whole movie is Jamie fox getting into the MTI and taking the girl to Cuba for lunch. Thats it!.".....is far from the thruth ! All of the Donzi scenes made the cut and MTI has some gorgeous footage too.
The entire race scenes were cut, As for being pissed off because my old boat did not make the cut ! My boat was not a canopied boat and may have been shown for 3 seconds max. I disapointed that we don't have a "Boat race movie" too look forward to. We were expecting a movie with a race boat theme.
Many racers expically JT spent weeks standing in 100 degree heat, pouring rain waiting for filming to start. To have all of the race cut is a shame and a disapointment.
Michal Mann stood up and appoloized to all the boat racers for working so hard and having the movie changed at the last minute. He didn't do that for his health! He did it because he knew the disapointment there would be.
LubeJobs42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:07 AM
  #69
Registered
 
mama tryed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Ky. Lake
My Boats: 32 SUNSATION
Posts: 2,660
Default Re: Miami Vice Huge Let Down! Read This!

We don't care if there's only 60seconds of Boat footage in the whole Movie,, thats 60 seconds more than any other movie has had in years!!! Were going!!

Does the Movie have the same"intro Music" as the series did??

Mitch & Tracey
mama tryed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:11 AM
  #70
naplesimage.com
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
jayboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SWFloridaH2O
My Boats: Every One In Sight
Posts: 18,213
Default Re: Miami Vice Huge Let Down! Read This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountainbleu
And what about the actual movie itself? It's visually beautiful, but doesn't it pale in comparison to the series anyway? Sometimes you just can't top the original.
History will be the judge!
Attached Thumbnails
Miami Vice Huge Let Down! Read This!-tubbs-crockett.jpg  
__________________
Roostertail does not lie.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
jayboat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
DTD
Members On-line Video Section!!
12
03-22-2008 02:00 PM
CasinoRunner
General Boating Discussion
20
11-04-2006 07:24 AM
dreamer
General Boating Discussion
4
01-07-2006 01:28 PM
TopSpin80
General Boating Discussion
1
09-16-2005 04:14 PM
florida gator
General Boating Discussion
13
05-23-2003 10:49 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.