Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why the powerboat industry is sinking. >

Why the powerboat industry is sinking.

Notices

Why the powerboat industry is sinking.

Old 07-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Why the powerboat industry is sinking.

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Im not sure I understand why they claim Brunswick is taken down the rest of the industry?
They are all hurting, like the oil companies ..theyve had record profits (fountain) and they will again ..were just in a bad time now
http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release...ease_id=143116

Last edited by Pantera1; 07-28-2006 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StillHaulin@61
Thanks ....
I plan to try several of the suggestions from the other thread.
Trimit out , push on the sticks
Old 07-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StillHaulin@61
But if they can't, then sell their damm boat!

This incesant complaining about gas prices and the economy is beginning to sound like a press release from the DNC.
There is simply no reason for this "ragging" about people who have created a lifestyle which they enjoy very much ..... and can still afford!
I realize that you have been a member of this forum for a matter of weeks, and you aren't yet clear on what are the rules, etc... but I will help you out.

This thread is about the problems facing the industry, many of which are economic.

If you don't want to read people's opinions about the declining state of the industry, then select another thread.

Nobody on this thread has criticized "people who have created a lifestyle which they enjoy very much."

Nobody has "ragged" on others for choosing to continue to participate in the activity of power boating.

Perhaps, since you have not been attacked or maligned, you bring your own guilt to the table for making the choices you have made. Who knows. It's always puzzling when a person is defending so hard and hasn't been attacked.

Maybe you will not like the free exchange of ideas on a forum as much as you enjoy boating.
As you get more posts under you, you will probably stop taking people's opinions personally simply because you do not share them.

If you feel that there is no place for a thread about the decline of the industry, and you are so threatened by the mere suggestion that the heyday is behind us, report the thread or the posts that you have found to be so offensive to a moderator.

Maybe you can have Steve make a rule that only rich people can post so that you will only encounter people who have created a lifestyle as enjoyable as the one you have created.

Used to be that the wealthy on this site at least showed some tolerance toward us regular losers. Well, except for Big Scotty, who also was fond of telling everybody about the wonderful life he had created for himself.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Trimit out , push on the sticks
Thanks Pantera1
That's part of my plan .....
but the rest of the plan is to get back home alive!

Originally Posted by fund razor
This thread is about the problems facing the industry, many of which are economic .....
That is exactly my point! I certainly have no intention of offending you or anyone else, and I apologize if I have done so.

But the issue of peoples personal financial decisions have nothing to do with a discussion of the state of the boating industry. Like everything else in life, there are good years and there are bad years, yet many businesses and people never notice the difference. That's a position many of us have spent a lifetime trying to achieve, and will certainly never apologize for it!
Old 07-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TRICK

As for me, I'll be on the lake tomorrow. I've been around boats every summer for over 50 years and I see nothing on the horizon that will change that.

Fred,

Well said !!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TRICK
It doesn't make me "feel bad". Why would it? I disagree with your end of power boating theories.

What I don't understand is your incessant posting of apocalyptic alarmisim.

Just for the heck of it, you may want to check with Boat Trader about the steady growth of ads since it's inception. It has more to do with Internet use and awareness than your predictions of the end of power boating.

If you're relieved that you no longer have to pay the price of power boating, then I'm happy for you.

As for me, I'll be on the lake tomorrow. I've been around boats every summer for over 50 years and I see nothing on the horizon that will change that.

Well said Fred
Old 07-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Our Poker Run tomorrow will have about 200 boats,from PWC's, Pontoon boats,family bowriders,and lots of high performance boats. The entry list grows every year. Personally,we are celebrating our 40th year as a boat dealer.We have been thru all kinds of ups and downs. Many years ago when gas hit $1/gal some said it was the end. When the prime rate hit 16% some said it was the end. Just returned from the Formula dealer meeting and I ordered more than last year. Will be at our deckboat vendor Sunday where I will order more than last year.The gloom and doom talk has always been out there,but I'm not listening and I'm not paying attention cause I'm a little too busy selling boats
Old 07-28-2006, 07:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fund razor
Maybe you can have Steve make a rule that only rich people can post so that you will only encounter people who have created a lifestyle as enjoyable as the one you have created.

Used to be that the wealthy on this site at least showed some tolerance toward us regular losers. Well, except for Big Scotty, who also was fond of telling everybody about the wonderful life he had created for himself.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
Our Poker Run tomorrow will have about 200 boats,from PWC's, Pontoon boats,family bowriders,and lots of high performance boats. The entry list grows every year. Personally,we are celebrating our 40th year as a boat dealer.We have been thru all kinds of ups and downs. Many years ago when gas hit $1/gal some said it was the end. When the prime rate hit 16% some said it was the end. Just returned from the Formula dealer meeting and I ordered more than last year. Will be at our deckboat vendor Sunday where I will order more than last year.The gloom and doom talk has always been out there,but I'm not listening and I'm not paying attention cause I'm a little too busy selling boats
YUP....we are up year after year as well......nicely put MAGICFLOAT

Last edited by TSPM; 07-28-2006 at 07:21 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:01 PM
NRG
Registered

It's all relative - is the glass "half empty" or "half full"? Certain people will always find the worst in something/someone and others will find the best.

Quick Reply: Why the powerboat industry is sinking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.