Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Once again, the Fish-huggers use BAD Data... >

Once again, the Fish-huggers use BAD Data...

Notices

Once again, the Fish-huggers use BAD Data...

Old 02-05-2002, 01:01 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SC, that's a policy long used by governmet. "The greater good". Well then the lesser good had better be well compensated!! Or else it's only the big guy beating up on the little guy.
Old 02-05-2002, 06:47 PM
supercrash

Payton..You better watch it or you are gonna hit 1000 posts....Whats with all the farmers on the board???

Old 02-06-2002, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you enjoy your meals, don't bad mouth a farmer.
Besides, since these new-fangled compooter thingy's came out, us here farmers can baffle other people with our bull**** besides the local tractor dealers.he he he
Old 02-06-2002, 11:52 AM
supercrash

S.O. I like farmers...Not many tradesmen take pride in their work anymore..As the farmers do..I really think that the extreme measures taken by the environmental groups is justified...After all their opponents are crooked and corrupt.The way bush was stealing property is happening all over the country..Their has been talk of the state condenming my property along with my neighbors..10 years ago their was a subdivision built nearby without sewers..ever since then their water has been ilegally drained onto our propertys..Now the state wants to call it a natural wet land that can't be built on ..and they might want to take it if we don't accept the lowball bid they have..The worst part is their have been builders looking at the property , and willing to pay good coin that I may never get to see....This is happening all over.My land was never a wet land until they drained water to it..The environmental groups need to fight dirty NOW!!!..If they wait for the "BIG GUYS" to start playing fair their won't be anything left to fight for..

Old 02-07-2002, 01:44 PM
supercrash

Dean ....Your next post on the issue should reflect the other side...Just to keep a open mind..Ya know www.geocities.com/bereahomeowners/3eminentdomain.html
There are little guys getting the shaft everyday..one day your number may come up..

Old 02-07-2002, 04:16 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Question

So is it OK to kill a snake in a manatee zone?
Old 02-07-2002, 09:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

So what have we learned here??? When the libs and the tree huggers want you to give up your land and your income to save a minnow or a rodent-that is okey dokey. But when the libs in city hall want to take your land or home to help an entire city-that's bad. Fantastic-I feel soooo much better now. Oops, sorry got that wrong. If the libs want your land or home for the "good of all" that's okey dokey too. It's only when a conservative wants to use eminent domain that it's a bad thing. Now I've got it
Old 02-08-2002, 08:19 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

You better watch it Cat, your sliding towards Libertarianism. In a way we are both cut from the same cloth. You don't like the rich and powerful taking unfair advantage using any means at their disposal, and i feel the same way. It's just that in your state and life the face of the rich and powerful is conservative. Here in the People's Republic of Maryland the face of the rich and powerful is liberal/Democrat. They hold all the cards, play all the shady games, screw with people's rights and property at will, and nothing can be done to stop them because we basically have a one party state. Now I could be all wrong on this and you just lash out at Bush because he's a semi-conservative(that is proposing huge increases in gov,t. spending )and if Ann Richards was in on the stadium deal(it was during her admin wasn't it?) then it would be fine and dandy because she's a Dem. Hmmmm.... that is something to ponder
Old 02-08-2002, 09:40 AM
supercrash

Inspetch..I wouldn't give my land up to help anybody..Alot of property is being seized and turned over to other people that are willing to pay higher taxes..Taking my land to help a entire city??? Thats a joke..My "city" built Illegally , then drained rain water Illegally , Then called my land a natural wetland when it's only wet in the spring and fall.And ten years later still haven't fixed the problem , they say they will fix every year..There are laws guidlining how and why a property can be taken..Alot of times these laws are ignored..And really , Who is there to police the police..Nobody..Dean F. has a problem with his boating water being taken from him because there are Manatees in the water that have been there for 45 million years..and that is only recreation , and he is willing to sue..??..water taken away for a animal preserve and land taken away from a homeowner because a business on the site would generate more tax money..Are two different things.Is Dean really concerned with peoples property rights or does he just want a spot to go boating???What is happening in Florida is legal..the eminate domain abuses are a crime against all homeowners..Sorry for the rant Dean but you look selfish when you stand up for a part of water that is used in recreation , When there are homeowners losing their house from corrupt politicians...Like our President

Old 02-08-2002, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C,mon it does'nt matter what party is in power they all owe somebody lots of favors! Govt. is out of control !! But you got to hand it to little George for balls!!! Kick ass @ take names!!!!

{But I Didnt Inhale} Ha!

Quick Reply: Once again, the Fish-huggers use BAD Data...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.