Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Once again, the Fish-huggers use BAD Data... >

Once again, the Fish-huggers use BAD Data...

Notices

Once again, the Fish-huggers use BAD Data...

Old 02-08-2002, 01:36 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LakeRacer, very good point. We, through the ages have become good stewards of our surroundings, no matter what some might think. One can make controversial statements and claims to benefit agendas of ones choice. Today, there are many new plants and animals being discovered. Yes we believe we have it all figured out, when in fact we are at Mother Natures mercy. This could be debated for decades and still there would be no closure. I, myself am glad to see the progression of things. I would hate to be stalked by the big ole T-Rex, and certainly, we would have tried to keep the dinosaurs from extinction!!!
Old 02-08-2002, 01:43 PM
supercrash

Thats right Bird..Our BIG BRAINS put us at the top..
Dean I have read many times that Manatees are seperated by their scars.The average Manatee has 5 different boat strikes on it.And all the pics I see the Manatee has scars..Maybe when a barge hits one it's dead but when a twin engine performance boat hits one it just slices it up and it still lives.This could be why some of the numbers are so different??..Yes 90% of deaths might be barge related but does that matter if every animal is getting hacked at least 5 times..I know that I could look at this 5 different ways to get different numbers that would look good for both our sides...I think the only fact here is that we are both wrong

Old 02-08-2002, 02:26 PM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

Originally posted by supercrash:
<STRONG>Lakeracer.We should protect any animal that we endanger by our actions...</STRONG>
Then mankind should cease to exist right now. By our very existence, we have a detrimental affect on all animals of this world. And we can't protect them all.

By your logic we shouldn't be driving cars (even though we depend on them for our livelyhood as you stated) because at any given moment a bird, dog, cat, deer, elk, skunk, snake, squirrel, is going to become road kill. And I don't see government and the environmentalists trying to shut down the interstate highway system like they are trying to shut down the waterways of Florida. And don't tell me about how the manatee have been there for 45 million years either. When it comes to extinction the amount of time spent on this planet makes no difference. And don't tell me about how the manatees have rights. The manatee doesn't have a brain big enough to understand the concept of rights. Manatees just exist...period. Should we try to protect them? YES. Should we try to coexist? YES. I ask you again, at what cost?

Extinction is a very natural occurence. One day, even we won't be here. I wonder if the the manatee will try to protect us?
Old 02-08-2002, 02:34 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

LR---
Old 02-08-2002, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
nicely put cat man. And Crash,I think you are right we all have a diff. way of looking at anything I guess thats what makes our country great,we can all express those opions. ONLY in America!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2002, 03:52 PM
supercrash

Old 02-08-2002, 05:42 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by catmando:
<STRONG>I agree, Ted, those Dems are just as bad as the Rs. Both sides are subverting the greatest system of economic prosperity, Capitalism, for their own gain, and screw everybody else.

I believe that Business can be done with goodwill and concern for all, if the businessmen have the right ethics.</STRONG>
And where, pray tell, will they get these ethics from????? Careful, trick question!!!