Like Tree0Likes

New engine technology, or Hocus Pocus.....?

Old 08-11-2006, 08:52 AM
Who Me?
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2006 38TE Fountain
Default Re: New engine technology, or Hocus Pocus.....?

Chris, so you fault Reggie for promoting his company? You think Reggie should promote is business just like all the other boat builders? I don't! Aronow had his face in a few Cig ad's just so you know....he was a pretty colorful charactor as well back in his day. Reggie is a seriously acomplished racer and his boats have some serious acomplishments with him in them and with other teams. Reggie stands behind the boat and his and there acomplishments so he should be reconized in some of the ad's...after all his name is on the side of every boat.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:20 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeverMike
Chris, so you fault Reggie for promoting his company? You think Reggie should promote is business just like all the other boat builders? I don't! Aronow had his face in a few Cig ad's just so you know....he was a pretty colorful charactor as well back in his day. Reggie is a seriously acomplished racer and his boats have some serious acomplishments with him in them and with other teams. Reggie stands behind the boat and his and there acomplishments so he should be reconized in some of the ad's...after all his name is on the side of every boat.
Reggie also says stupid sh%T like "Cats are too dangerous for pleasuer use" on the Radio at the Key West worlds last year. Which then pi$$es people off. So he brings it on himself in more ways then just wearing a rug and some gold. not to mention the whole cat killer crap.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickin32
i can tell you this that on fri when they were out testing the boat it came by me and the boat with all the tech's on it and it was moving pretty fast and was extremely quite then he pulled up to the tech boat and was talking to them and said that it was running 185 and he still had a 1/4 throttle left then he said that it was missing all the way up to that speed and they needed to find the miss in the motors the tech had there laptops plugged into the boat and said the was a fuel issue and it wouldnt take long to fix if they do get the bugs worked out on this boat it will be just like when bigfoot came out with the new suspension technology and he left all the other monster trucks behind by at least a 1/2 track and the officials band him from competing now all the trucks use that suspension system so look out !
Here. I figured you were out so you can have a couple of mine.

. , ; , . . ( , . . ) " :

They're punctuation marks. You may not need them all but I'm thinking that a few of the periods might come in handy.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeverMike
I don't fault Reggie for promoting his business and I do respect his accomplishments. I merely make the point that he has an outrageous appearance that he uses in the promotion as well. That makes it fair game. What I do find annoying is that Reggies relentless PR machine never shuts up. The only thing the guy hasn't done yet is cure cancer. If you've drank Fountain's Kool-Aid, then maybe you want to hear all of it. Some of us don't- and some of us get a chuckle from some of the nonsense and manipulation that his PR machine dumps out.

You did bring out another point that I missed -naming the company after himself. Not too many of the other "big egos" have done that. I do seem to remember now that Don was in a couple ads- but not all of them.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Registered

If it works... Who wants one of these motors ??? If it never works... Who is glad that it was not their time, money, and effort that went into testing this technology ??? I think we all will have the same answer to these questions. Regardless of who is doing the testing, or how they choose to promote their brand, we will all benefit from this.
BTW... it appears that the cause of the engine failure was human error/oversight on an external component.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Registered

My Boats: 162 scout flats 90 merc

chris does your tv have a remote then toon reggie out if he wasnot WHO he is v bottom tec would not be where it is at . how maney millions have you spent on R &D . 000000000000000000. you ought to tank the man for spending the money to get where he is at . .
Old 08-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Solaroli is also working on physics-defying technology that will make Reggie's hair look real.
Somehow my psychic ability told me there was going to be a comment about Reggies "do".........
Old 08-11-2006, 11:27 PM
Who Me?
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Jensen
Somehow my psychic ability told me there was going to be a comment about Reggies "do".........
Always is, isn't there, not a day can go by without this type of kindergarten behavior. This was funny ....oh about 5-6 years ago here on OSO but the newbies keep running it in the ground. I do not think Reggie really has a toupe either so I have no idea how that rumor got started.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:18 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
I can't disagree with you on that! Spent about 30 minutes talking with him in NYC a few years ago. He even sent me a follow up email after we met.

Everything else is just business!
Yep, Reggie is a class act, personally. You will not meet a more accomplished driven individual.

Just remember business is business, as it should be. Don't confuse the two.

Making ugly remarks about his attire etc. only shows immaturity and I would expect it...on an elementary school playground but not here.

Last edited by Fanatic; 08-12-2006 at 12:22 AM.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:51 AM
Who Me?
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanatic
Yep, Reggie is a class act, personally. You will not meet a more accomplished driven individual.

Just remember business is business, as it should be. Don't confuse the two.

Making ugly remarks about his attire etc. only shows immaturity and I would expect it...on an elementary school playground but not here.
I can't agree more and that is what I've been saying for years on OSO. I am suprised the moderator tolorates personal attacks to someone like they do on Reggie Fountains behalf. Fountain supports this website so I just do not get why the personal attacks towards Mr. Fountain are tolerated.