Like Tree0Likes

38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

Reply
Old 08-09-2006, 06:50 PM
  #11
Registered
 
Pantera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Winnipesaukee
My Boats: NorTech
Posts: 3,457
Default Re: 38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

The scarabs dont seem to hold their value , ive seen a couple similar to that one go in the forties..
They are pretty good wave crushers for the price of a new runabout
Pantera1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:58 PM
  #12
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,672
Default Re: 38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

Those Scarabs are good boats. Heavy wave crushers. The Scarab market took a nose dive when Wellcraft (Brunswick Corp) stopped building them. Still, I've had a lot of hours in big water on 38' Scarabs. Great boat! The price is like others have said. pretty good to average deal. It is a lot of boat for the money though.
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:09 PM
  #13
Registered
Thread Starter
 
cigarette38topgun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chesterfield Missouri
Posts: 426
Default Re: 38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

Thanks for the input guys! Yeah i do agree with owning a 38 cig.......thats why my handle it cigarette38topgun! Deep down cig's are my fav.....then not far back the old apache's and scarabs........i still like the lines of the scarab in the classified and think it would be a sweet boat with some updating...and the worst water my boat will ever see will be a loto
cigarette38topgun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:38 PM
  #14
Registered
 
ToTheMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 30,000 Islands Georgian Bay Ontario Canada
My Boats: ...sooner than I think...I hope...
Posts: 638
Default Re: 38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

I wish they still made the scarabs, especially the 38'. Great lines and the helm with the guage layout imo is awesome...fountain should take a page out of their book!
ToTheMax is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:42 PM
  #15
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,672
Default Re: 38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarette38topgun
Thanks for the input guys! Yeah i do agree with owning a 38 cig.......thats why my handle it cigarette38topgun! Deep down cig's are my fav.....then not far back the old apache's and scarabs........i still like the lines of the scarab in the classified and think it would be a sweet boat with some updating...and the worst water my boat will ever see will be a loto
If you like Apache and Top Guns you should really look at the older KV Larry Smith Scarabs. More old school lines like the previously mentioned boats. And an AWESOME machine!
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:42 PM
  #16
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,672
Default Re: 38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheMax
I wish they still made the scarabs, especially the 38'. Great lines and the helm with the guage layout imo is awesome...fountain should take a page out of their book!
Oh man, you did not just bring the F word into this thread did you?!

Stand by....it'll go down hill quick from here
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:33 PM
  #17
Registered
 
Pantera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Winnipesaukee
My Boats: NorTech
Posts: 3,457
Default Re: 38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheMax
I wish they still made the scarabs, especially the 38'. Great lines and the helm with the guage layout imo is awesome...fountain should take a page out of their book!
I agree 100% ..fountains a great boat but that orange crate dashboard is older than dirt
Pantera1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:46 PM
  #18
Registered
 
woogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 532
Default Re: 38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

Find a Larry Smith 38. Was in both before in Detroit River freighter wakes years back and the Larry Smith was the most fun. Best value of the year I think was Jody163's - Staggered,#5's, 100mph and all white. Think it went for low 70's. Not for everyone as no cabin but a knock-out classic. Congrats to new owner if your on here. Not many built but they do pop up.

Last edited by woogie; 09-15-2007 at 04:39 PM.
woogie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:49 PM
  #19
Driver-441
Racer
 
TeamSaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lake George
My Boats: 32 Cobra Raceboat, 27 Avanti Raceboat 27 Kryptonite Raceboat
Posts: 11,348
Default Re: 38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woogie
Find a Larry Smith 38. Was in both before in Detroit River freighter wakes years back and the Larry Smith was the most fun. Best value of the year I think was Jody163's - Staggered,#5's, 100mph and all white. Think it went for low 70's. Not for everyone as no cabin but a knock-out classic. Congrats to new owner if your on here. Not many built but they do pop up.
We wanted to buy that boat sooo bad!! Congrats to the new owner!!
TeamSaris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:50 PM
  #20
Registered
 
ToTheMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 30,000 Islands Georgian Bay Ontario Canada
My Boats: ...sooner than I think...I hope...
Posts: 638
Default Re: 38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistank
Oh man, you did not just bring the F word into this thread did you?!

Stand by....it'll go down hill quick from here

Oops...my bad!
ToTheMax is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
baja36ft
Prop Talk
2
09-10-2007 08:08 PM
chevalcabre
Scarab
4
03-13-2007 01:11 AM
pitracer
General Boating Discussion
19
03-03-2007 09:55 PM
DEVILS ADVOCATE
Scarab
4
02-27-2003 09:20 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.