Notices

Help!!!

Old 08-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Help!!!

STILL no resolve for me. I am still waiting for my money

Trader1 got all his parts yesterday.....now all he has to do ismake sure all his parts are really his and serial #'s match
Old 08-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Man that blows. While everyone can choose to handle things any way that they want. I have found that the preasure that OSO can put on people has a funny way of getting them to smarten up. My engine issue got resolved that way. Rick Foringer still owes me money for doing his stereo install. Remember guys it is not always the companies doing the screwing it is also the customers.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Man that blows. While everyone can choose to handle things any way that they want. I have found that the preasure that OSO can put on people has a funny way of getting them to smarten up. My engine issue got resolved that way. Rick Foringer still owes me money for doing his stereo install. Remember guys it is not always the companies doing the screwing it is also the customers.

I agree with you Jon. I think OSO does help out alot when you have a problem. I am 100% NOT happy with the mechanic in question, if I have to get down to it here on OSO and mention his name (if I get no resolve) and "warn" people about him, I will. BUT, all I want is my money back and to move on and be over with this unfortunate situation.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Registered

Still waiting for my money...................I'm starting to get impatient. Looks like I might be taking a trip to Maryland really soon and PISSED OFF
Old 08-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Registered

STILL WAITING....................

I keep getting excuses..."I'll go to the bank tomorrow"
Old 08-11-2006, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not that I'm siding with the mechanic, but I do know first hand after finnally getting out on your own (your own shop) money may be hard to come by the first year or two. I know your patients are wearing thin & understandably so, this issue may be the case. Hopefully things can be resolved today for you.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Registered

The money should have been placed in escrow until the work was done. You should never spend money that isn't yours! It he couldn't afford to go on his own he shouldn't have.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:08 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back when I was racing open class carts, I sold one of my motors through the engine builder. He had the check made out to him and cashed it, took me 2 months to get a check from him and another 3 weeks to get it honored. This was a guy that I went racing with and did my engines for 3 years.

I still used him because he was dam good, but I learned to never let any one in racing get in my pocket. Seems the same rule should apply to boating.

Both businesses are seasonal and very prone to cash flow problems
Old 08-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINATLAST
Not that I'm siding with the mechanic, but I do know first hand after finnally getting out on your own (your own shop) money may be hard to come by the first year or two. I know your patients are wearing thin & understandably so, this issue may be the case. Hopefully things can be resolved today for you.

I agree, however, he has had my money for 3+ months, the boat hasn't had any work done to it and I'm out $2,000. This is NOT over, I garuantee that
Old 08-11-2006, 12:49 PM
Registered

I hope this works out for everyone involved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.