Fall River Blast On Saturday >

Fall River Blast On Saturday

Notices

Fall River Blast On Saturday

Old 08-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Fall River Blast On Saturday

Just wanted to say that inspite of the cancelled OPA race this Saturday, a hand full boats had a nice cruise from the Regatta to Newport. Great turn out guys we had a blast. We were running in the '39 Sutphen BenJen.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Fall River Blast On Saturday

I was there lurking in the shadows.
I did miss when everyone took off,but ya sure could here it over at Pirates Cove. Sounded great ! It was a great day to be out there. Soo much so,we came back that nite for the fireworks out in front of the battleship. We boated all day & nite.
Sonic Boyz tow rig looked great over at the ramp also .Sorry i missed ya Tom,John & the Boyz.
A couple pics..
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3202828
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3202811
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3202822
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3202805
Old 08-14-2006, 06:10 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Donzi - The Fountain Firecrackerin the pics, is it from your area? I came across it on a Sunday in front of a Dunkin Donuts in Windham earlier in the summer, must have been returning from Winnipesaukee. It had sixes, must have big power.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:48 PM
Registered

The 42 fountain is Matt Keizer who owns and operates an engine building and boat rigging shop in Kingston Mass. If anyone has pictures you can email us at [email protected] and [email protected]. We enjoyed boating down there and would love to meet up again down there, we are used to getting pounded on out in Vineyard Sound, running in there was quite a difference!!!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by benjen
The 42 fountain is Matt Keizer who owns and operates an engine building and boat rigging shop in Kingston Mass. If anyone has pictures you can email us at [email protected] and [email protected]. We enjoyed boating down there and would love to meet up again down there, we are used to getting pounded on out in Vineyard Sound, running in there was quite a difference!!!!!
Firecracker along with the Motion Cat were the only boats to pass us. We had a blast! Weather was perfect and it set the tone for a great time.

Ran from Jamestown to Providence with a Sutphen and a Fountain. 3 boats running side by side for 35 miles must have looked nice.

We're down there alot through out the season. Always looking for someone to run with. Chime in any time you're in the area.

Steve
Old 08-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Registered

It seems to me that there were a few boats besides the fountain and the motion, the other two sutphens for example that outran the active thunder.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:47 PM
Registered

It seems to me that there were a few boats besides the fountain and the motion, the other two '39 sutphens for example, that did happen to outrun a said active thunder. I know that those two sutphen guys would not be happy to hear this untrue story.
Sorry, didn't mean to offend. We stayed at 3800rpm most of the day with almost 20 hours on the new 525's. Break-in is complete now and we're changing all fluids tomorrow.

We pushed the sticks forward at the very end and ran high 80's low 90's. I'm sure we stick with the Sutphens in the snot as both hulls are awesome.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:51 PM
Registered

That is a sweet looking Active Thunder that was the first we had seen up close. Do you guys usually run in Boston or NH?
Old 08-14-2006, 08:56 PM
Registered

That is a sweet looking Active Thunder that was the first we had seen up close. Do you guys usually run in Boston or NH?
We trailer to both areas. I have family in NH on Winni, but our preference is salt. We're about 50/50. Usually drop in at Somerset, but have been know to drop in at Westport and Fairhaven.

What power are the 39 Sutphens running? I'm truly impressed with the speed I get with stock 525 Merc's.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Registered

My mistake on the other Sutphen he is a 35ft. I am unsure what those guys run for power. We do the majority of our running out in Falmouth out of Pier 37, we trailer also, 800sc's w 6's.

Quick Reply: Fall River Blast On Saturday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.