Like Tree0Likes

Sunsation crash at Grand Lake?

Old 08-15-2006, 06:20 PM

My Boats: 2000 phantom 28, 2xGM 325hp diesels
Default Re: Sunsation crash at Grand Lake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockrocker
Sunsation is one, Active Thunder is another -
Funilly enough, we had a 32 Active Thunder cat lose a drive, hook, and high-side here at the weekend. didn't actually sink, and was towed in upside down.

pics here:

http://boatmad.com/forum/showthread....&threadid=6546
Old 08-15-2006, 07:09 PM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2004 SUNSATION 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH
Twin pumps is the way. I think they are 1000 GPH or 1500 in our rig...

I broke a drive baffle once and the pumps were more than enough for the river coming in.

Forgetting plugs doesn't even phase those pumps also.
The Dominator's come with 3 of those pumps GL. They only last as long as the Batteries Glad no one got seriously hurt.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2003 36 Daytona with 500 EFI's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZP'd
I don't see anywhere in the thread where this is nothing other then a mechanical failure/impact of a drive that caused a boat to take on water then sink. Not that rare is it?

So why the topic heading of Sunsation boat crash ??? Sounds like CNN reporting to me where you speculate and add drama to the facts. Is OSO now the CNN of Boating Boards?
No, I am not trying to turn OSO into a CNN. I was told that Dragonheart had crashed and I simply wanted to know if anyone knew anything about it. Rumors do get turned around and I was not trying to start any unofficial rumors. Boat crashes happen for lots of different reasons, other than machanical. I was told that the boat hit a roller and tossed the passengers out, but it was speculation on their part. My good friend owned the boat until last winter and I have been in this boat several times at 100 MPH. When you have as much HP as this boat has, drive issues are always a possibility. Next time I ask about a crash, I will specify "cat" or "V-Bottom"

"RIP Dragonheart"
Old 08-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (2)

My Boats: Excalibur 27 Flat Deck Restomod

Everyone on board was pretty banged up. When someone is ejected, the last thing I would be thinking about is the boat. The boat can and will be fixed and the passenger that was ejected was helped by quick thinking people who were concerened for the passangers safety not the boat.

The boat landed hard breaking the gimbal which left the drive hanging from the shift cable and a 1"hole in the boat. It is already being repaired, I picked it up myself today.

Fact, not rumor.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Registered

My Boats: NorTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcaliburHawk40
Everyone on board was pretty banged up. When someone is ejected, the last thing I would be thinking about is the boat. The boat can and will be fixed and the passenger that was ejected was helped by quick thinking people who were concerened for the passangers safety not the boat.

The boat landed hard breaking the gimbal which left the drive hanging from the shift cable and a 1"hole in the boat. It is already being repaired, I picked it up myself today.

Fact, not rumor.
Good to hear noone was seriously injured .. thanks for the straight scoop
Old 08-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain38
No, I am not trying to turn OSO into a CNN. I was told that Dragonheart had crashed and I simply wanted to know if anyone knew anything about it. Rumors do get turned around and I was not trying to start any unofficial rumors. Boat crashes happen for lots of different reasons, other than machanical. I was told that the boat hit a roller and tossed the passengers out, but it was speculation on their part. My good friend owned the boat until last winter and I have been in this boat several times at 100 MPH. When you have as much HP as this boat has, drive issues are always a possibility. Next time I ask about a crash, I will specify "cat" or "V-Bottom"

"RIP Dragonheart"
F38,

Thread title should have not included crash, should have been Dragonheart sank today or Sunsation sank today. It wasn't a crash, it was mechanical failure
Old 08-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
F38,

Thread title should have not included crash, should have been Dragonheart sank today or Sunsation sank today. It wasn't a crash, it was mechanical failure

Yes, now that we know the facts it should be changed
Old 08-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2003 36 Daytona with 500 EFI's

I did not know it was Mech Failure at the time of the post, although I wonder if there is more to the story that just Mech Failure. Like I said, all that I heard was that Dragonheart had crashed at GLOC.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Registered

it crashed into a large wave and had a mechanical failure. Does that make very one happy.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Registered

My Boats: 08' 44 MTI

I think all of you need to loosen up a bit. Fountain 38 just wanted to know about a friends boat.That is one of the great things about this site, being able to get info. Does it really matter what the heading is. He didn't insinuate anything he just ask a simple question.