Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
demo ride on a 28 eliminator >

demo ride on a 28 eliminator

Notices

demo ride on a 28 eliminator

Old 01-22-2002, 12:07 AM
Boatrep

Thumbs up

Why not give Scott (Fastcats) a call at American Offshore. He builds them down in your part of the country.
Buy factory direct and get what you want. If nothing else go for a demo to compare his boat to the Eliminator.

Old 01-22-2002, 07:18 AM
RON

I'd buy the Eliminator, or better yet the one that Cat& Mice has 4- sale (it looks Awesome), if you buy a little used, you save a lot!
My 25 Daytona, will run 86 mph , with a stock 500 efi!!

Good luck!!

Old 01-22-2002, 11:53 AM
Uncle Toys

H2Xmark - I love my Eliminator cat and everything above sounds right to me. I would only add, you might want to check insurance first! The cat is going to cost you three times what it will cost for the V hull. My guess, after just going through it, your going to spend $3,000 to $5,000 for the cat. Thats if you have a clean record.

I wouldnt spend the money for the Scorpians unless your going to add big boost later. Even then, your probably better off listening to Cat & Mice.

Old 01-22-2002, 12:16 PM
One Bad Cat

Thumbs up

Hey, What about a spectre ?? My 2000 Spectre 30 could be bought for 135000.oo
It has a pair of 509 with 8:71s 800Hp. Dyno
best of everything... The Spectre is a True Tunnel boat . The Eliminator is a Modified Tunnel boat.... Im not going to start a big thread on whats better, Just ask Skater if they have a POD Ive personally owned Both type of cats and Prefer the Spectres handling and Ride.
Something to consider. Ive run up against the twin whippled small blocks . WOW It screams.. Very Nicely done Pyle...
I think it also depends on what type of boating your going to do. Only a dwarf can crawl under the deck of my Spectre and the Eliminator has at the least, a Crawl space.

Old 01-22-2002, 04:40 PM
Cat & Mice

Thumbs up

One Bad Cat, Hey thanks, Was that you at the Fall Heat Wave? if so you boat is way cool, it looked like it rides very nice.
You are right about the crawl space. I am 6ft 5in and I have sleept with my wife and 2 kids in the cabin (It was tight). But I have to say for a low profile cat that Eliminator has done a good job of creating the best of both worlds.
I might not have to sell my boat after all! I am working on a deal that will allow me to keep the boat and buy the Motorhome the wife wants.

Pyle

Old 01-22-2002, 05:08 PM
One Bad Cat

Thumbs up

Yea Pyle thats me. The boat really is a sweet piece. Im in no hurry to sell my boat either, But theres always another project in the wings. Since my motors only have about 10 hrs on them I thought I might see if theres any nibblers.. You couldnt build it for that kind $$$

Old 01-22-2002, 05:09 PM
One Bad Cat

Thumbs up

Yea Pyle thats me. The boat really is a sweet piece. Im in no hurry to sell my boat either, But theres always another project in the wings. Since my motors only have about 10 hrs on them I thought I might see if theres any nibblers.. You couldnt build it for that kind $$$

Old 01-22-2002, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C&M

What kind of motor home the wife trying to get you to buy? I do not know if I could sell the boat for a motorhome.
Old 01-22-2002, 06:58 PM
Registered

well the reason i'm looking at 28 and 29 foot boats is my truck will pull it,if i steep way up to that fine 36 outlaw at a great price i will have to buy a 1ton.one bad cat there are a couple of spectre's around here,one guy is a member of the Topps in clear lake,nice boat,two reasons on the 28 daytona,not one around this area,and they ride great,mike i only wish i could buy your wild 28 eliminator,i will be doing good to buy a base model right now{going through a divorce but my x is going easy on me}i spent most of the money i was going to put down on the new boat buying the wife out of the house and getting her set up in another house.i would like to check out american offshore seem to be nice,i think that the 28 eliminator is the only cat under 29 feet with twin engines? any others? thanks for all the input this board is great.Mark
Old 01-22-2002, 07:27 PM
Registered

On truck you might need to make sure you have 4x4. Have friend that has 2000 28 daytona. We have been on ramps a couple of times & we have had to put it in 4w drive to get off ramp with both his & my boat. As far as towing 28 it is either behind 1/2 ton suburban or 1 ton truck.

Quick Reply: demo ride on a 28 eliminator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.