WIN ONE OF AMF's RACE BOATS >

WIN ONE OF AMF's RACE BOATS

Notices

WIN ONE OF AMF's RACE BOATS

Old 09-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: WIN ONE OF AMF's RACE BOATS

Lookin Good guys. I may just have to buy a couple tix myself.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:10 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

A note from the desk of John Haggin.

Hello Raffle Ticket Holders,

We started this raffle to give someone a chance to race that might otherwise never be able to afford a race boat and it looks like that goal will be realized in just a few more days. I can’t tell you how much I enjoy reading your posts. The enthusiasm that’s been displayed is heartwarming and I only hope that the winner truly enjoys their offshore racing experience as much as I have. In Destin, we will treat the raffle winner like a king as part of the AMF Racing team. Feel free to use our pits as yours and park your new rig alongside the Platinum Princess and our brand new Turbine Powered MTI called Turbine Marine. I’m sure it will be a week that you’ll never forget.

Now that the end of the month is upon us, its time to explain how we are going to finish the raffle and declare a winner.

Since today is the end of the month, we are going to extend the raffle two days so that it ends on a business day. Tickets may be purchased up until 6pm EST on Monday October 2nd, 2006. At that time, we will turn everything over to Steve so that OSO can audit the ticket sales and being the process of charging all of your credit cards. This will take a few days.

Once that’s done, all valid tickets where the credit cards have been successfully charged will be couriered Las Vegas Nevada where OSS is holding a race next weekend. At that event, we will have a gathering of people with Martin Sanborn and Charlie Haimes of Talkoffshore.com who will witness the drawing to be held at 8pm EST – 5pm PST. We hope to broadcast the drawing live over Talkoffshore.com and if we can get some bandwidth, we’ll attempt to stream a video feed through OSO so the winner will be notified immediately. We’ll also call the winner and get them live on the air. If we can pull this all together, it should be really slick.

The winner can then design a name and graphics for their new boat and plan out a trip to New Jersey on the weekend of October 28th and 29th. You’ll fly into Newark or Atlantic City and be picked up at the airport then driven to Smitty’s Marine where you’ll get to spend the weekend running your new boat and learning how to drive it with a World Champion at your side. From there you can take it home or fly home and we’ll tow it to Destin for you. Once the Destin races are over, it’s your boat to take care of, and get home.

The winner will be responsible for any and all taxes and registrations. This hull is pure race boat its never been registered. The trailer title will be signed over to you and it will be your responsibility to register the trailer and bring the plate with you to NJ for your training session.

There’s still time to buy a ticket, and no more than 1000 tickets will be sold.

Good luck to all of you and I’m sure the winner will be wearing a Big Smile for a long time afterward.

All the best,

John Haggin
AMF Offshore Racing
Old 09-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm in!
Old 09-30-2006, 06:08 PM

John,
What a great thing you and AMF are doing. Just in case Melissa did not receive my voicemail message this afternoon, I did purchase another ticket yesterday. That makes three. Thanks again for this truly unique opportunity to win a race boat. I will definitely be racing next year.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Cool, so will we be able to watch you draw our name in Vegas
Old 09-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Registered

John,

Thanks for the opportunity for a chance to go racing!

I've been looking for an opportunity to go racing again, as I have always really loved the competition, the preparation, the strategy and tactics.

I've raced yachts for most of my life with a lot of success, but became bored due to the lack of innovation: in fact, racing yachts are specifically designed to be far slower than they need to be. Also, you hardly get to know your competitors even after years and years, because you really only get to interact with the other people on your own boat. And its intense frmo start to finish, so there really isn't much time to get to know even long time crew members.

The thing I really enjoy about motor racing is that everyone spends far more time in the pits than on the course, and so its easy to get to know everyone. Much more social, much more family oriented.

My brother lives in Ft Walton Beach, right across the bridge from Destin. He's got two olympic medals in yacht racing (Tornado catamarans), but he's never been on a boat like this. Not sure who will do the sticks, and who will do the wheel, but its going to be fun!
Old 09-30-2006, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

All you other ticket holders might as well throw them in the trash for I got the winner in my purchase
Old 09-30-2006, 09:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I'm in take me to the starting line
Attached Thumbnails WIN ONE OF AMF's RACE BOATS-no-time-2.jpg  
Old 09-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Registered

John,

I think you and your organization is doing a great thing.
I bought 5 tickets, does that mean I have 10 chances to win or did I read that wrong ?

Is it possible for you to let me know that you have received my order and my credit card info.

I did it through your site a few days ago and do not see my name anywhere, all i want is to go racing.

My name is John Gregorio and my OSO mane is cig42x

Any conformation would be appreciated if some how there was a foul up I want the opportunity to buy my 5 tickets.

Thank you for your time and you generosity to the Charity's hope to see you soon.

Regards,
John G
Old 09-30-2006, 10:22 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Hey John,

You should be in a SuperCat by now.

Check back tommorrow, I know they have a lot of catching up to do.

And your not allowed to cut off the top and turn it into a fishing boat.

Sonic - Ron

Quick Reply: WIN ONE OF AMF's RACE BOATS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.