Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wanted: Outboard v-bottom (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/138418-wanted-outboard-v-bottom.html)

boca7667 08-20-2006 09:44 PM

Wanted: Outboard v-bottom

Looking for the fastest outboard v-bottom over 30 feet with twins on it????????

FeverMike 08-20-2006 09:48 PM

Re: Wanted: Outboard v-bottom

Check out the 33 Powerplay. They built an awesome boat and it was sold with twin outboards. If you want more room check out the various center console sport manufactures around like Concept, Renegade, Glasstream, Ocean Hawk, Solid, Carrera. If you want more of a go-fast center console fish machine look at the Fountains and Yellowfin boats.

boca7667 08-20-2006 09:51 PM

alright thanks man, im just looking for the fastest v bottom with twins over 30 feet??????? any ideas what it is?????

dockrocker 08-20-2006 10:22 PM

I believe there is an OSO member here in Michigan with a 33 closed deck with outboards, and I'm 90% sure it's for sale. For the life of me, I can't remember the member's name, though...

And when you say "fastest", do you mean fastest on flat glass water, or the guy that doesn't have to slow down when the 3' chop rolls around? It *do* make a difference ;)

boca7667 08-20-2006 10:53 PM

both fastest flat water and the best wave smasher???????????????

Cash Bar 08-20-2006 11:00 PM

boca7667, interesting screen name.....what's it mean....

ratman 08-20-2006 11:37 PM

i have a 35 cigarette mistress i'll sell without power and drives you buy and rig the out boards its a hell of a wave crusher too

Sydwayz 08-21-2006 04:02 AM

If you are looking for a sport-deck or basically a full cabin boat, and not a center console or hybrid fishing boat; Powerplay is going to be your only real player in this particular space. Checkmate also made a few boats with the same configuration.
If you find one you like, make sure you LOVE it. They are not overly popular, and you will probably own the boat for a long time.

As far as being the best wave crusher and flatwater boat, you are basically asking for a Corvette that goes rock climbing. You need to determine which is more important to you, and make sure you test each individual boat you are thinking about buying. Setup with outboards varies INFINIATELY; much more than I/O boats. (i.e. HP, height, 2 vs. 3 motors, how far apart they are, how long are the verticle shafts, X-dimension, weight, balance, where the fuel tanks are located.) You are going to have to test each individual boat in each condition as each boat could be set up well, or a totally botched mess.

If you are open to a center-console with more of a fishing arrangment, Cigarette and Concept are very good players in this arena. Powerplay also made a few; but there are plenty of folks in this space now. Fountain, Donzi, and many others make center console outboard fishboats with SWEET cabins.

302Sport 08-21-2006 07:49 AM

How fast would a 33 Powerplay with 300X's be??????????

Pantera1 08-21-2006 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by boca7667
both fastest flat water and the best wave smasher???????????????

Very different activities ! I know of a 30 foot superboat tempest with built 300's , supposedly over 400 hp a piece that will go 92-93

boca7667 08-21-2006 08:02 AM

who else makes sportdecks with outboards over 30 feet??????????? Cash bar my name is cause I have a place in boca raton..........

FeverMike 08-21-2006 08:11 AM

Doesn't Activator and Kryptonite build a sport boat with outboards?

Pantera1 08-21-2006 08:17 AM

Pantera , Activator, powerplay (out of bus.) Superboat, Checkmate, Progression, Phantom, uuuuhhhhmmmm ..ahhhhh uuhhmm :chimp:

THEJOKER 08-21-2006 08:19 AM

My boat with twins would rock. I'll beat anybody's price to get a twin outboard boat out there.

TeamSaris 08-21-2006 08:22 AM

27 krptonite with 300's is supposed to touch 100.

boca7667 08-21-2006 08:31 AM

yeah, but i would really like to be over 30 feet if possible..............

Sydwayz 08-21-2006 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Pantera , Activator, powerplay (out of bus.) Superboat, Checkmate, Progression, Phantom, uuuuhhhhmmmm ..ahhhhh uuhhmm :chimp:

Apache? :drink::drink:

Chief perhaps? :evilb::evilb:

Pantera1 08-21-2006 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz

I dont think they make an outboard ..They used too though

Pantera1 08-21-2006 08:45 AM

I have to say that scene in Full Metal Jacket is one of my all time favorites.. " Choke yourself ! With my hand Numbnuts ! "

hpoffshore 08-21-2006 08:58 AM

Don't have any pics, but I sold a 28 Apache with a pair of 4.0L Second Effort Johnsons on CMC jackplates that wold run 86-87 mph. Huge cockpit and a good cabin for it's size.

LostinBoston 08-21-2006 09:07 AM

Check out concept if you want a CC or PP if you want sport deck. Or my old boat ifyou want a 28
http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-5521.html
To solve most of the problems that sydwayz was referring to. I had my lat OB boat rigged with a hydraulic bracket
http://www.portabracket.com/

boca7667 08-21-2006 09:20 AM

I think my only two choices are either a 33 Powerplay with 300X's or a 30 Superboat with 300X's

FeverMike 08-21-2006 09:33 AM

If you are looking for new then the Superboat is it . Powerplay is out of business and I can't find the Activator webpage and Kryptonite's web site does not list any O/B boats.
You might want to call Midnight Express since they bought the Powerplay molds and see if they will build you a new 33 Powerplay with O/B's. Midnight does awesome work!

Sydwayz 08-21-2006 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
If you are looking for new then the Superboat is it . Powerplay is out of business and I can't find the Activator webpage and Kryptonite's web site does not list any O/B boats.
You might want to call Midnight Express since they bought the Powerplay molds and see if they will build you a new 33 Powerplay with O/B's. Midnight does awesome work!

Didn't Midnight Express have a new "38 PowerPlay by Midnight Express" in the 2006 Miami Boat Show? I thought it was outside near the tents if I remember correctly. A Sportdeck with triple OB maybe?

HotSpare 08-21-2006 09:55 AM

Check out www.tuffmarine.com ....... I know they've got a 28 v bottom now, and some bigger stuff comming .... Nice looking boats ..........

Maritime_Eng 08-21-2006 11:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Didn't Midnight Express have a new "38 PowerPlay by Midnight Express" in the 2006 Miami Boat Show? I thought it was outside near the tents if I remember correctly. A Sportdeck with triple OB maybe?

Yes they did. It was all white with a small blue stripe. Nice looking boat. I have pictures of it on my home computer. Here is the sign they had in front of the boat.

Cash Bar 08-21-2006 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by boca7667
who else makes sportdecks with outboards over 30 feet??????????? Cash bar my name is cause I have a place in boca raton..........

That's why I asked. I am in Deerfield Beach, and would be glad to help if I can. I've spent some time around 33' Powerplay's and i think I know the 300x boat you are asking about.

Drop me a line.

Greg

TUFFboat 08-21-2006 06:38 PM

Hey Boca...

You are very clear on your parameters of ' over 30 ft ', I'm just curious what characteristics are looking for or rather what results does this boat need to achieve? Also why the outboard request?

boca7667 08-22-2006 06:21 AM

Im looking for outboards because I cannot get the boat out of the water sometimes for extended periods of time, so its nice just to be able to tip up the motors and not worry about them. And I say thirty feet because I have a thirty foot scarab and I wouldnt want to go smaller..........

TUFFboat 08-22-2006 07:10 AM

Thankyou, there is always a reason, I'm just trying to understand the market.

ActiveFun 08-22-2006 09:37 AM

Get Activator thru www.mrdmotorsports.com. Progression makes larger outboard models.

Airpacker 08-22-2006 10:21 AM

Does Velocity still make an OB boat? They were afterall the first big OB powered V bottom to crack 100mph back in the 80's.

copiercat 08-22-2006 10:44 AM

you might take a look at fullthrottlepowerboats.com ,jack owns the molds and the rights to the 30 ft spectre, and builds an outstanding boat and his prices are great too

BODYSHOT1 08-22-2006 02:44 PM

You could probably get one built....

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Does Velocity still make an OB boat? They were afterall the first big OB powered V bottom to crack 100mph back in the 80's.

DPT MOTORSPORTS 08-22-2006 04:55 PM

I am sure a 30 Activator could be built with outboards. The Superboat Y2K would be great with a set of OB's on it as well. The Tuff Marine boat looks to be a really sweet rig as well.

rtaylor 01-29-2007 03:10 PM

I was just down at Activator a week ago and was told that they would refuse to build an outboard version of their 30 footer. And I am an outboard guy, but when I saw that beautiful boat I could understand that it was made for an I/O.

BRUCE SEROFF 01-29-2007 03:26 PM

I know you want 30+ but, heres a very clean 28 Checkmate.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...d0i&Uy=-bl4ukf

Dono 01-29-2007 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by dockrocker (Post 1839787)
I believe there is an OSO member here in Michigan with a 33 closed deck with outboards, and I'm 90% sure it's for sale. For the life of me, I can't remember the member's name, though...

And when you say "fastest", do you mean fastest on flat glass water, or the guy that doesn't have to slow down when the 3' chop rolls around? It *do* make a difference ;)

Dockrocker,
His name is Darren and his screen name is Dkwestern. He has a 33 powerplay with trip outboards and its for sale last time i talked to him. Shoot him a pm if interested.

dkwestern 01-30-2007 07:01 AM

Still for sale, 33 Sportdeck with trips, shoot me a PM as DONO said if interested.

dkwestern 01-30-2007 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by 302Sport (Post 1839999)
How fast would a 33 Powerplay with 300X's be??????????

With twins 75-76MPH.