Hardy Dam hot boat weekend >

Hardy Dam hot boat weekend

Notices

Hardy Dam hot boat weekend

Old 08-28-2006, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Hardy Dam hot boat weekend

More pics please...I wanna convince some more Chi-town boys to make this run. How far is the campground from the party-cove area? Or are they one and the same? How sandy is that beach...as in...do I really want to risk beaching a red hull on it?
Old 08-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be up and camping early Friday and hopefully will have the boat in tow.
Dwight
Old 08-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Sounds like we are gonna be in. No boating this weekend due to crap weather, and I've got a full tank of gas to burn! Andy, Keith and Todd, we gotta hook up. Phone tag this weekend Keith...you're it. Andy, sorry we didn't make it to Boaters, Michelle was all over me calling me a wimp...I just didn't trust that sky.

I pulled out after 2 hours, burned about $50 in gas out running the rain form New Buffula. Mike I will get you a camp site next to mine will talk details later. Hardy runs about 18 miles of river to boat on. The camp ground is about 10 miles or so from the cove and the sand bar is about 8 miles in the opposite direction.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:33 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Gang, If I wanted to bring my 42ft Fountain could I do the run??? could I launch and run the river safely???? Also if I didn't want to camp is there a Hotel that I could get to??? I think we might be able to round up a boat or 2 more but we need to know more info. Is there a web site of something to look at??? we would bring a 33 Scrarab, and a 42ft Tiger but would these boats be too big???? this sounds like fun but I need to tt to someone who has done this b/4....BZ

p.s. we would travel with Mike s......
Old 08-28-2006, 08:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bob Zubik
Hi Gang, If I wanted to bring my 42ft Fountain could I do the run??? could I launch and run the river safely???? Also if I didn't want to camp is there a Hotel that I could get to??? I think we might be able to round up a boat or 2 more but we need to know more info. Is there a web site of something to look at??? we would bring a 33 Scrarab, and a 42ft Tiger but would these boats be too big???? this sounds like fun but I need to tt to someone who has done this b/4....BZ

BZ,

There are a couple nice hotels about 10 miles north in a town called Big Rapids, pretty cool Northern MI college town. BR has most anything you would need. There is not really a run just a big party. I saw a 38 Top Gun, 39 Velocity, 35 Nordic and a couple big Black Thunders launch at brower park. You will be fine running the river. The second half is a little tricky but I you follow me I can show you the ropes, if you can go that slow. Just follow the high bank and watch your depth sounder. The main half of the river is nice and big, not much to worry about very deep, clear etc. If you want to know more I 'll PM you my number and give you the skinnny.

Andy
Old 08-29-2006, 06:28 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

bob
like magic said hotels are about 10 miles north in big rapids, ez drive. we had our top gun up there last weekend. just be sure to follow someone on the upper river. the lower half is big. lots of water there. and sandy beaches.
todd
Old 08-29-2006, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

You'd have to be ready to run out of town at about 3 in the afternoon on Friday to travel with me...I'm camping for sure.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Bob, A few years ago I saw a what was a 42' Fountain with tripples launch out of Brower Park. Also, last year there was a 39' Velocity, 40' Hustler, and a 43' Black Thunder there so, there shouldn't be any problem. This thing sounds like it's going to be really BIG this year. It seems to grow a little bit each year. Would be nice to see some representation of the Chi-town gang up there! Try and get Frank/10X to come----he's good at rallying the troops.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:11 AM
Registered

I'm thinking of caravaning up Friday with whomever is going (AO31,sommerfliesby,BobZ, etc). I'm pretty flexible with time so whatever works is fine with me morning, noon or 3PM, I very flexible. I'm most likely going to peel off an hour or so into Michigan and stay Friday night in Saugatuck at my buddy and his wife's house. Then, I was thinking of traveling up Saturday morning maybe follow Kaama.

Mark, what time would you be hitting the road Saturday morning? Are you returning Saturday night or camping?
Thanks,
Dan
Old 08-29-2006, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

kamma mark. i meet dave wesseldyk saturday. he said he is going to bring his drag boat up to hardy.
todd

Quick Reply: Hardy Dam hot boat weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.