Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
"I had a dream"  SBI/APBA merged! >

"I had a dream" SBI/APBA merged!

Notices

"I had a dream" SBI/APBA merged!

Old 01-21-2002, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like Jana's Idea. I guess I need to get to work on that.
Old 01-21-2002, 05:37 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that was good for today(i had a dream)
Old 01-21-2002, 05:48 PM
Registered

then you woke up and ralized the nightmare of reality
Old 01-21-2002, 06:53 PM
WHIPLASH RACING

Thumbs up

Put the EGOS,$$$$, and ATTITUDES aside and this could very well happen. Not trying to start anything here. Didn't we learn anything from Sept 11. We all need to get along and be one to concur what ever the obstacle may be. Although we are dealing with the biggest ego sport on the planet.Didn't we learn anything from 9/11/01

Old 01-22-2002, 10:45 AM
deepvcatss12

I had an dream that SBI and APBA merged. They agreed to follow the same rules, but were run like the NFL with one group being the AFC the other the NFC. They would meet once a year for their 'Superbowl"- in Key West for the "World Championships"

Thats how it was before the LLC started its rule changes. maney race teams ran both APBA and SBI for points and all ran together in Key West at years end

Old 01-22-2002, 09:48 PM
WHIPLASH RACING

I wish it could come back around for that again

Old 01-22-2002, 10:14 PM
Registered

I'm thinking of starting my own racing organisation. The rules are simple. Give me lot of your money. Kiss my ass. Hope I don't get pissed at you and make your life difficult. Tolerate my overly inflated ego. Be prepared to race on whatever course I feel like seting up. Also be prepared to buy new equipment when I feel like changing my mind. In short it will be just like the other two.
Old 01-22-2002, 10:18 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 01-22-2002, 10:59 PM
Registered

I had a dream..........

I had a dream of being part of a club where I could find and meet new & interesting people who owned performance boats and had the same passion for boating as I do. I also dreamed that alot of these people would become close friends where friendships could grow and people would be willing and able to help each other. I also dreamed that this club would include all performance boaters and no matter how big or small their boat was, that they would all be treated equally and all have just as much fun. I also dreamed that there would be no hidden agendas or politics to ruin the club.

I also dreamed that this club someday would get involved with offshore racing. I dreamed that all of the B.S. that I saw in the past would be a thing of the past. I also dreamed that working with a racing organization would be a 2-way street and that a person's word between the club and the organization would be a BOND and not BULL. There would be mutual respect for each other's organization and the common goal was to produce the best & most exciting offshore racing possible where all involved would "win".

I also dreamed that even though I may agree to disagree with other racers from other groups........that we could still get together and have a great time......and laugh about agreeing to disagree!

I also dreamed that there would be an internet forum where I could meet and talk to people from all over and share thoughts, ideas, and agree to disagree on stuff related to boating. This forum would also enable people to become friends and travel to meet each other and party together.

And I can tell you first hand - that dreams do come true
Old 01-23-2002, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

DaveP,
Well put! I believe you made your dream and others come true with the "New Jersey Performance Powerboat Club". Keep up the good work!
BOB

Quick Reply: "I had a dream" SBI/APBA merged!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.