Notices

Team Shogren takes 5 wins !!!

Old 08-28-2006, 10:57 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Team Shogren takes 5 wins !!!

Congrats to Scott Shogren and his team combined with Mercury Racing powerfor 5 entered boats, and 5 1st places.
For the very first time of entering a boat, or should I say "5" boats into the shootout, I think it's great to have every entry take a 1st place. Scott called me last night when he was towing home to tell me of his victories. Last week he called and asked me to bring a boat down there and run it for him, but because of a previous committment I was unable to do it for him. Now I wish I could've been there.
I'm gonna post what I remember of the speed of the boats that were intered. If I get anything wrong I hope Scott will chime in and correct it.

42 Lightning 850 SC #6................119 mph
38 Lightning 700 SCI package.......106 mph
38 race boat 525/bravo................ 96 mph
48 EC 525 tripps...........................66 mph
48 EC 440 Ynmar diesels...............56 mph

All these boats took a 1st place in their class. All were Mercury powered with the exception of the 48 Express Cruiser powered with the Ynmar diesel engines.
They had one more boat there that they ran out of time to run, because of the course being closed for a medical emergency, along with all the other delays like weather etc. That boat was the 42 Lightning with the Mercury 700 SCI package, the same one that I piloted at the Chicago Poker run last month.
The 38 race boat was a canopied boat that was converted to a poker run edition boat for a customer. Also the same one that Wyatt and Scott ran at the CP run.

All these boats were full of fuel, since the original plan was to run them on the previous day and burn up some fuel. The weather did'nt cooperate, and there was no way to pump the fuel out.

Scott, if your offer still stands for next summer's shootout, count me in. Can't wait for Sarasota in October, sounds like we're gonna have a fun fall.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 08-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Team Shogren takes 5 wins !!!

Originally Posted by 10x
Congrats to Scott Shogren and his team combined with Mercury Racing powerfor 5 entered boats, and 5 1st places.
For the very first time of entering a boat, or should I say "5" boats into the shootout, I think it's great to have every entry take a 1st place. Scott called me last night when he was towing home to tell me of his victories. Last week he called and asked me to bring a boat down there and run it for him, but because of a previous committment I was unable to do it for him. Now I wish I could've been there.
I'm gonna post what I remember of the speed of the boats that were intered. If I get anything wrong I hope Scott will chime in and correct it.

42 Lightning 850 SC #6................119 mph
38 Lightning 700 SCI package.......106 mph
38 race boat 525/bravo................ 96 mph
48 EC 525 tripps...........................66 mph
48 EC 440 Ynmar diesels...............56 mph

All these boats took a 1st place in their class. All were Mercury powered with the exception of the 48 Express Cruiser powered with the Ynmar diesel engines.
They had one more boat there that they ran out of time to run, because of the course being closed for a medical emergency, along with all the other delays like weather etc. That boat was the 42 Lightning with the Mercury 700 SCI package, the same one that I piloted at the Chicago Poker run last month.
The 38 race boat was a canopied boat that was converted to a poker run edition boat for a customer. Also the same one that Wyatt and Scott ran at the CP run.

All these boats were full of fuel, since the original plan was to run them on the previous day and burn up some fuel. The weather did'nt cooperate, and there was no way to pump the fuel out.

Scott, if your offer still stands for next summer's shootout, count me in. Can't wait for Sarasota in October, sounds like we're gonna have a fun fall.
That is great to hear they did so well. So while Scott was busy with this he still had time to call me on my cell to discuss my chewed up props on Sunday.
What is happening in Sarasota in October?
Old 08-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Registered

Did they made Daryl wear his helmet going 56 mph on his 48 express cruiser? That is his everyday driving speed.

Where are the pics???
Old 08-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Registered

Good Job Shogren
Old 08-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I am sure it took a ton of work to get 5 boats down there, and get them running so well.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Registered

Quick, block this thread from Zoomnfun's viewing!!!!
Old 08-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Team Shogren, just another indication of a first class organization. Not only do they sell boats, but it would seem that they know their product very well , by these results.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

congrats scott, the 42 looked badazz.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MarkSmith
Did they made Daryl wear his helmet going 56 mph on his 48 express cruiser? That is his everyday driving speed.

Where are the pics???
They did make me wear that freaking thing! I looked like Bobby Bouche from the Waterboy! They were very good about safety though. The speeds listed earlier in this thread were correct except for the 42 we ran with 850's. We posted only 109MPH.
Keep in mind that every one of our boats had GPS and our GPS was reading easily 3-4 MPH over the posted radar speads. (We heard every boat that had GPS was reading more on their GPS than the radar so we know that we had faster actual speeds!) We also had way way too much fuel in them as mentioned earlier and it was 100% Humidity and hot! We ran the snot out of the boats and had a blast! We had a 6th boat to run and we probably would have won that one too but we just ran out of time. We only ran on Saturday since we felt we posted enough speed to win all classes we entered and we did! All in all it was a lot of work to run that many boats but it was worth it at the end of the day.
Two of the best parts about this whole thing was first, after I ran my 48EC with the Yanmars and Arnesons, I got a standing ovation at the end of the track from all of the Cruisers in line. They were in awe with the rooster tail. Secondly, I was there to accept all 5 of the trophys and it was broadcasted on TV and when I went to the store this AM the guy behind the counter was like Hey.. your that guy from the TV that won all those awards. That was COOL AS HELL!
Old 08-28-2006, 06:27 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Daryl !!!!!!! Now that you're a celeberty, Can I have your autograph?????
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Quick Reply: Team Shogren takes 5 wins !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.