Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake Cumberland, Who's going! >

Lake Cumberland, Who's going!

Notices

Lake Cumberland, Who's going!

Old 09-05-2006, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Re: Lake Cumberland, Who's going!

Weather permitting we will still run, but with heavy hearts.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Anyone need a room? We have a room set up at the State Dock Motel and we won't be able to make it.

Email [email protected]
Old 09-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone that's stayed at Jamestown in the past:

Do they allow pets, such as small dogs in the cabins? I'm in a dilemma now because my dog's babysitter is coming too. It's a small dog, doesn't bark unless provoked, accustomed to long stays indoors without messing in the floor, and keeps to himself well.

Wonder if I could get away with taking him?
Old 09-06-2006, 08:42 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Cat Daddy1
The Lake Cumberland Poker Run is Saturday and I would like to remind everyone of the course and a few safety tips. The first group will leave at 10:00 AM. So, the main lake from State Dock to Burnside will be busy with Poker Run boats from then till around 12:30. After lunch, from around 1:00 till 5:00 the boats will be between Camp Earl Wallace and Grider Hill. If you plan to be in these areas at these times, please stay off to the side and give these fast boats as much room to run as possible. It seems that the most dangerous situations are caused by a spectator trying to get a closer look. If you want to see the boats up close, come to State Dock. Personally, I love to watch the boats run but I think they're more impresssive at the dock (unless of course, you get the chance to ride in one!) If you have kids, it's a good idea to keep them off the waverunners and out of the water. It's only a few hours and there's plenty of coves and creeks that would be a safer place for swimming and skiing.

We have changed the starting order this year and the fast boats will be leaving first. This should spread the field and reduce passing. If you're in the starting area, please stay back. The Lake Cumberland Power Boat Association will be helping us clear the area to provide a safer start. The boats will start in groups of 20 or less. For mor information on the course, go to www.lakecumberlandpokerrun.net .

We pray for a safe event, good judgement from participants and spectators and a beautiful day on Lake Cumberland.
From the Lakecumberland.com site.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:08 AM
Registered

Oh Deere this is boatfreak on a friends computer. Glad to see you coming look for my Thunder around the dock. We will be there all weekend as that is my home dock.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Registered

I have been here since last weekend. I can't wait for the run ............but i think i will be running it a little easier this year.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by khadley
I have been here since last weekend. I can't wait for the run ............but i think i will be running it a little easier this year.
Ditto
Old 09-06-2006, 03:07 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by lakegal
Oh Deere this is boatfreak on a friends computer. Glad to see you coming look for my Thunder around the dock. We will be there all weekend as that is my home dock.
Mike i like your new screen name.Sydwayz and I will be there.I'll be leaving hopefully early mourning on thurs.Is it worth staying till monday mourning instead of leaving out sunday.You might have to put some females on the boat for me cause sydwayz ain't riding in my sidebyside bolsters with me.lol
Old 09-06-2006, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

I will be coming down through Indiana and through Louisville. Is it better to come across I64 then down Rt 127, or is it better to come down I65 and cut across east on the tollway?

I will not be towing a boat, so just coming in the car.

Last edited by Mentalpause; 09-06-2006 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:16 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I64 to 127 South. Straight shot. Joe Murray

Quick Reply: Lake Cumberland, Who's going!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.