Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cig with TRS drives, pros and cons >

Cig with TRS drives, pros and cons

Notices

Cig with TRS drives, pros and cons

Old 01-24-2002, 04:38 PM
DEVIL MAN

Hey everyone.....I was just ragging on my fellow Cigarette Brother KWB of San Clemente....just trying to jerk his chain...and I did a poor job of it....Kwb...I sincerely apologize and take it all back..Jon...you are right..a little harsh...sorry about that...next lunch is on me!!!!! Even though you owe me one!!!!

DMan

Old 01-24-2002, 05:58 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I am on my way!!! Can I get a ride this time I knew you were busting so was I.

Jon
Old 01-24-2002, 08:40 PM
rick32

Dman, You owe me lunch too. So with that said, when you Jon & Ken are having some lunch at the Chanticlaire, I'd appreciate you buying mine as well you big tight ass miser .... ** Ahhhh... what the board has become over the winter.....brrrrr.....

Cheer's everyone !
Rick32

Old 01-24-2002, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While on the subject, just what is involved converting from a TRS to a #3, etc. Does the transom cutout actually have to be glassedup and recut or are they close to the same?
Old 01-25-2002, 08:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NW Jim... you might want to look at the Konrad 540HP instead of the #3 drives. The Konrad uses the same bolt pattern as the TRS, utilizes the transmission, and is rated at 800 hp (more than the #3). The best part is that it uses standard props (not $3000 speedmaster props...each)and is less expensive.

See there site in the marine links section.
Old 01-25-2002, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
biggus, i have a 28ft cig clone 1000hp with velvet drives and trs's with bullet noses and 4 blades. i have been through 3 engines, but never a drive or tranny, the drives are solid, the trannies are solid. parts are always available at bills marine in lauderdale! the parts are still easily accessible just not as easy as bravos. good luck, dont worry about the drives, if they pop, we can get you rebuilt ones with 1 yr warranty for 2500-3000 each!! powdercoated too!
Old 01-25-2002, 11:05 AM
DanL

the bottom gears in the lower are the weak part of the setup. If you run through the drive and change them out, you will have a setup that is good for another 5-6 years.

Old 01-25-2002, 01:58 PM
DEVIL MAN

Hey Rick 32 and Jon....I was going to buy lunch for KWB!!!! Not you two freeloaders!!!! Hey 32....I hear the only thing you ever want for lunch is a PUGburger!!! Sorry...I could not hold back...now, I owe you lunch too!!! Hope you guys are having a good one.

DMan....as in....that was a Dam big speed bump that I hit!!! Now I owe you two lunches!!!

Old 01-25-2002, 11:56 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
ROFLMAO!!!
Old 01-26-2002, 01:56 AM
Registered

Seems like teh TRS is actually pretty reliable. If the drives are good to begin with, you should be able to use them long enough to save up to convert to SSM drives. Then (since you live in the cold NE) you can do a conversion over one of those long, long NH winters after a couple of seasons.

Quick Reply: Cig with TRS drives, pros and cons

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.