Very Cool Old School Cig!

Old 09-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Driver-441
Racer

My Boats: 32 Cobra Raceboat, 27 Avanti Raceboat 27 Kryptonite Raceboat
Default Re: Very Cool Old School Cig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el indio
the delamination problems were mostly on the 86s.........they replaced the laminatiors and what a headache. any one remember?...
Not Me!
Old 09-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Not Me!

must ba a new guy.............
Old 09-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Registered

Thanks folks for all the great reviews!!

I'm selling the boat because it is just too hard for me to try and make the time to use it. A lot has changed in the 9 yrs I have owned the boat. No more family due to death, divorce and illness and the original boating friends have moved on in life. I am also into various auto racing endeavors with both vintage and pro formula cars (sponsor and management).

It would be nice to try and find a good group of people to hang around with and try out a few of these poker run events. But, this too, takes time. I cannot drink, since I am always on call to fly my jets, but still like a good time, naturally!! There are a great bunch of guys I see every now and then at Mel Riggs place near Fond du Lac, WI and they have been helpful in the sale.

As far as price...I have been told 80K to 95K is the ballpark for this boat, but of course, only to the right buyer, as someone did comment. But then again, I don't have to sell the boat. Of course, it is a bit of a shock to buy the thing for 85K, put another 75K into it over 3-5 yrs, then try to sell an almost 20 yr old boat to an extremely limited market.

But who knows, I may get lucky enough someday to meet someone nice who would like to help me with the boat and go to some poker runs and my auto racing events and fly with me in my leased jets and enjoy this high performance, jet-set lifestyle. Sadly, most women I know could care less and are afraid of being on the water, or in a small corporate jet or would get bored at the racetrack. Probably not looking in the right places, I'm sure!!

As for the running out of gas...aviation gas, mind you!!...I was out with one of the Riggs boys just putting a couple of more hours on the engines and the newly replaced fuel gauging system was not properly calibrated....ooops!! All has been rectified now. (I'm in the aviation business and can get fuel cheap)

I greatly appreciate passing the word to anyone interested. But I certainly do not want to, nor have to give this boat away!!

Thanks again.....
Dave Korn
Racine, WI
Old 09-11-2006, 06:51 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

My Boats: 1991 34' Super Hawaii

Dave, great to hear from you. That is a great looking boat! Is there a cabin? What kind of speeds are you getting?
Old 09-11-2006, 05:41 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by el indio
must ba a new guy.............
You could say that.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg hawk

I'm selling the boat because it is just too hard for me to try and make the time to use it. A lot has changed in the 9 yrs I have owned the boat. No more family due to death, divorce and illness and the original boating friends have moved on in life. I am also into various auto racing endeavors with both vintage and pro formula cars (sponsor and management).

It would be nice to try and find a good group of people to hang around with and try out a few of these poker run events. But, this too, takes time. I cannot drink, since I am always on call to fly my jets, but still like a good time, naturally!! There are a great bunch of guys I see every now and then at Mel Riggs place near Fond du Lac, WI and they have been helpful in the sale.

As far as price...I have been told 80K to 95K is the ballpark for this boat, but of course, only to the right buyer, as someone did comment. But then again, I don't have to sell the boat. Of course, it is a bit of a shock to buy the thing for 85K, put another 75K into it over 3-5 yrs, then try to sell an almost 20 yr old boat to an extremely limited market.

But who knows, I may get lucky enough someday to meet someone nice who would like to help me with the boat and go to some poker runs and my auto racing events and fly with me in my leased jets and enjoy this high performance, jet-set lifestyle. Sadly, most women I know could care less and are afraid of being on the water, or in a small corporate jet or would get bored at the racetrack. Probably not looking in the right places, I'm sure!!

As for the running out of gas...aviation gas, mind you!!...I was out with one of the Riggs boys just putting a couple of more hours on the engines and the newly replaced fuel gauging system was not properly calibrated....ooops!! All has been rectified now. (I'm in the aviation business and can get fuel cheap)

I greatly appreciate passing the word to anyone interested. But I certainly do not want to, nor have to give this boat away!!

Thanks again.....
Dave Korn
Racine, WI
One of the coolest Cigs out there! Good Luck On Your Sale.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Registered

Quote:

Thanks again.....
Dave Korn
Racine, WI
Dave,

I think this is the classiest response I have ever read in a thread that mentions the guy's boat for sale. With an attitude like this you deserve 3 buyers fighting to pay list price. I have never read a seller's response that so well understands the product, market and the specific buyer needed.

Good luck with your sale.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payton
Dave, great to hear from you. That is a great looking boat! Is there a cabin? What kind of speeds are you getting?
A very nice, lovely cabin with light grey pleated leather cushions. All original and in mint condition, naturally. I just restuffed all of them as the foam had aged. On the port side, there is a single seat, if you will, a love seat next to it and across the aisle, a full length sofa. Up front is a vee berth that is about 6 ft long with the padded side cushions. Very comfortable!!

The boat also features a head and an ice well and a small sink and entertainment area with room for lots of cassettes (remember those..??). I have never used the head, though all of the valves do work nicely. It was completely tested by the Riggs Marine people during the work done on the boat.

Speeds...on Lake Winnebago with 1-2 ft waves it did 70-75 mph at 4200-4500 RPM. It had a lot of room left to go and we did get it up to 80 mph at 5300 RPM with some more throttle left. Mel (Riggs) said the boat should do low 80's with the right seas and 1/2 tanks of fuel or less.

I am comfortable driving the boat between 55-65 mph with an occasional 70 mph for a short duration. Frankly, if I really want to go fast, I have 3 jets to choose from and just go fly. That is how I get my fix for 'the need for speed'. Better to save the boat that way...the jet engines are used to being pushed hard.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:45 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Dave,

I think this is the classiest response I have ever read in a thread that mentions the guy's boat for sale. With an attitude like this you deserve 3 buyers fighting to pay list price. I have never read a seller's response that so well understands the product, market and the specific buyer needed.

Good luck with your sale.

Thank-you for your kind remarks, sir!!

Actually, I am getting 3 people who are anxious to come and see the boat and want to be sure they are first in line. I just hope that they are realistic and can truly appreciate something of this fine vintage. I have had people try to low-ball me saying they just want the boat for the motors and are going to put on their own 'supercandybubbliscious' paint job.

Sorry...I am just not that desperate...
Old 09-12-2006, 08:34 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

My Boats: 2003 28 Pantera - SOLD

Quote:
I have had people try to low-ball me saying ... and are going to put on their own 'supercandybubbliscious' paint job.

Sorry...I am just not that desperate...
Now that would be a f'n shame.