Notices

I still hold the record!!

Old 09-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking I still hold the record!!

I still hold the record for the unluckyest person possibly anywhere. Now, before I get started, This is not for sympathy. I actually think it's funny so many things could happen to one person. I had a great weekend and met many OSO members for the first time.

To start,
1. I had someone transport my boat on my freightliner to Lake Cumberland for me. On the way there, someone ran a stop sign, he hit the brakes to stop and my trailer brakes did not work. He went off the road and my truck got smashed on the passenger side. The truck was far from wrecked but there is surely $4000 damage. The 3 tires on that side of the trailer also got cut in the incident.

2. We were asked to be the pace boae for the 110 plus class. They gave me the flag and said to be at the start in 17 minutes. We were ideling out and while still 1/8 mile away with 9 minutes left we watched out entire class take off without us. They ended up following the wrong boat that also had a flag on the back.

3. While on the run we were running great, as we got to the second card stop we lost power on the starboard motor.. We checked it and dropped a valve into the motor and blew it. Not sure how bad, but I have a feeling I know what to expect.

4. When getting back to the dock the one motor we had left did not shift from reverse back into forward while backing into the dock. We happened to find the one 3/4 bolt that was sticking out of the dock with the left side of the rear of the boat putting a 16 inch gouge that is 1/2 deep and thorugh 4 colors.

5. My phone gt wet, not sure if I lost all my numbers.

6. The worst of all, sitting around Saturday evenng, talking about MTIs' I allowed David Woods and Randy Scism take advantage of my numbness and sucker me into committing into building a new 44 MTI 6 seater to possibly be this years MTI boat show boat. I must need my head examined!

Here is my to do list for tomorrow.

Truck to body shop for repairs.
Trailer in for brakes then for tires.
Boat to Xtreme marine to have engne pulled
Boat to Guardados for paint repair
Engine to engine builder to rebuild
Go buy new phone
Go sell blood and stand on the corner to raise money for all this stuff.

All in all, I had a great time. I wouldn't have chanded a thing. I don't think I lauged as much in 10 years!! Very excited to get started n the new project. Anyone looking for a 39' MTI?
Old 09-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts
Default Re: I still hold the record!!

Sucker.........
Old 09-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

Sorry I missed another great run, won't happen again.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:42 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Gino, your last name isn't Reiter, is it?
You sound like you have my families, luck...
At least your having a good time, and thats what its all about.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your right, money can't by happiness!
Old 09-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
All in all, I had a great time. I wouldn't have chanded a thing. I don't think I lauged as much in 10 years!! Very excited to get started n the new project. Anyone looking for a 39' MTI?
I wish I could do the same cause I'm not right in the head until the boat is fixed. Couple hours sleep every night till it's fixed, can we say OCD.... I think for me it's the $$ factor and the energy I put into it.. It F@cks with the mellon big time!!

Last couple weeks have been like that for me. First it was the butchered paint job on the trailer, whole thing needs to be sand blasted and repainted. Then a timing chain, who breaks timing chains, whole motor needs a rebuild.. then 4 lost deals at work in one day that otherwise pay for my habits..

I admire your sense of humor through out all of it! Pass some of that chit over here!
Old 09-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I still hold the record for the unluckyest person possibly anywhere. Now, before I get started, This is not for sympathy. I actually think it's funny so many things could happen to one person. I had a great weekend and met many OSO members for the first time.

To start,
1. I had someone transport my boat on my freightliner to Lake Cumberland for me. On the way there, someone ran a stop sign, he hit the brakes to stop and my trailer brakes did not work. He went off the road and my truck got smashed on the passenger side. The truck was far from wrecked but there is surely $4000 damage. The 3 tires on that side of the trailer also got cut in the incident.

2. We were asked to be the pace boae for the 110 plus class. They gave me the flag and said to be at the start in 17 minutes. We were ideling out and while still 1/8 mile away with 9 minutes left we watched out entire class take off without us. They ended up following the wrong boat that also had a flag on the back.

3. While on the run we were running great, as we got to the second card stop we lost power on the starboard motor.. We checked it and dropped a valve into the motor and blew it. Not sure how bad, but I have a feeling I know what to expect.

4. When getting back to the dock the one motor we had left did not shift from reverse back into forward while backing into the dock. We happened to find the one 3/4 bolt that was sticking out of the dock with the left side of the rear of the boat putting a 16 inch gouge that is 1/2 deep and thorugh 4 colors.

5. My phone gt wet, not sure if I lost all my numbers.

6. The worst of all, sitting around Saturday evenng, talking about MTIs' I allowed David Woods and Randy Scism take advantage of my numbness and sucker me into committing into building a new 44 MTI 6 seater to possibly be this years MTI boat show boat. I must need my head examined!

Here is my to do list for tomorrow.

Truck to body shop for repairs.
Trailer in for brakes then for tires.
Boat to Xtreme marine to have engne pulled
Boat to Guardados for paint repair
Engine to engine builder to rebuild
Go buy new phone
Go sell blood and stand on the corner to raise money for all this stuff.

Gino I will trade for that blown up & scratched up mti
Old 09-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

That will teach you to stay home Gino!!! Oh well, you can always ride with us in the Top Gun and maybe convince LS to purchase that 39 MTI he loves so much
Old 09-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gino you definitely have more money than brains , something I've never had-haha. I would suggest go racing but you've already tried that , oh well it can only get worse.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now we find out who the pace boat was
we were sitting out there in a cluster went out a little way then told to go back then apparently a patrol boat told one of the all white skaters to go for it so we all followed
all in all was a fun run

Quick Reply: I still hold the record!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.