Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain Powerboats Reports Fiscal 2006 Sales of $79.2 Million and a Strong Backlog o >

Fountain Powerboats Reports Fiscal 2006 Sales of $79.2 Million and a Strong Backlog o

Notices

Fountain Powerboats Reports Fiscal 2006 Sales of $79.2 Million and a Strong Backlog o

Old 09-21-2006, 08:53 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Fountain Powerboats Reports Fiscal 2006 Sales of $79.2 Million and a Strong Backlog o

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Ok now I'm sure we're going to hear how great you are Rich. Go ahead and comment on the great rough water 17ft Switzer Winged thing.

A picture is worth a thousand words.....two thousand of yours.

T2x
Attached Thumbnails Fountain Powerboats Reports Fiscal 2006 Sales of .2 Million and a Strong Backlog o-my-pictures-205.jpg   Fountain Powerboats Reports Fiscal 2006 Sales of .2 Million and a Strong Backlog o-thunderbolt-atspeed-ab.jpg   Fountain Powerboats Reports Fiscal 2006 Sales of .2 Million and a Strong Backlog o-my-pictures-002.jpg  

Old 09-21-2006, 09:01 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Fountain Powerboats Reports Fiscal 2006 Sales of $79.2 Million and a Strong Backlog o

Originally Posted by T2x
A picture is worth a thousand words.....two thousand of yours.

T2x
It may be fast. And, it may handle well. But, I've had a tumor removed from my nutsack that was more attractive than that boat.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F-N-iGuy.com
It may be fast. And, it may handle well. But, I've had a tumor removed from my nutsack that was more attractive than that boat.

That is funny.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:07 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

On the subject of negativity....not negitivity as a previous poster misspelled.

There is a rampant tendency on this and other websites for gross exaggerations of performance, profitability, quality, and originality in many posts on everything from boats, boat companies, hardware, driving talent, philanthropy and many other issues and processes. Somebody has to provide a counterpoint to this "touchy, feely" nonsense....... and take the slings and arrows inherent therein........ from the hotheaded...and uniformed souls who are the unfortunate victims of the late 20th century educational system, which postulated that facts are secondary to emotions...and propaganda is preferrable to wisdom.

T2x
Old 09-21-2006, 09:11 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by F-N-iGuy.com

There were two of them at Clayton and a guy said to me that if the first one was so ugly....why did they make the second?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess....... but they still yield a greater speed return for weight to horsepower than anything that has been created since...........

T2x
Attached Thumbnails Fountain Powerboats Reports Fiscal 2006 Sales of .2 Million and a Strong Backlog o-my-pictures-307.jpg  

Last edited by T2x; 09-21-2006 at 09:14 AM.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Geez....Reggie joined Team Mercury in the early 70's...

Apology accepted.

T2x
That has nothing to do with your derogatory comments about Fountain. Reggie raced for Mercury...Carl did not start Fountain powerboats like you were trying to make it out to be.

How involved was Carl in the 70's with Mercury Marine?

Following Kiekhaefer's departure from Mercury (long before Reggie raced for Mercury) around 1970, Brooks Abernathy was named as Kiekhaefer Mercury's president. Carl Kiekhaefer sold his stock in Brunswick and used the money to fund Kiekhaefer Aeromarine Motors. In 1977 Charlie Alexander was named Mercury Marine's president.

No apology's handed out.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:38 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't hotheaded two words?
Old 09-21-2006, 09:45 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FeverMike
.Carl did not start Fountain powerboats like you were trying to make it out to be.
Not only can't you write...you can't read either.....

I was disputing the quotes that Reggie did more for the sport of performance boating than anyone...

In fact...Kiekhaefer did,...... and without the drives, dependable engines, dealer network, prop and lower unit development that have come from the company Carl created....the retail boating and performance world as we know it today would not exist.

Take away Fountain's boat company and history...and Baja, Outer Limits and Cigarette would simply sell more boats.

You guys are at least consistent...you repeatedly find emperors with no clothes...and worship them.

T2x
Old 09-21-2006, 09:47 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Isn't hotheaded two words?
No but block headed is..........

T2x
Old 09-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like this?
Attached Thumbnails Fountain Powerboats Reports Fiscal 2006 Sales of .2 Million and a Strong Backlog o-blockhead.jpg  

Quick Reply: Fountain Powerboats Reports Fiscal 2006 Sales of $79.2 Million and a Strong Backlog o

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.