Notices

CAT sales/resale value due to Insurance

Old 09-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CAT sales/resale value due to Insurance

I think the question was RESALE.........sure there seems to be a lot of
guys who have the ability to buy these 500-600K boats, but what about
resale ............are they all taking the big hit?
Old 09-22-2006, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i dont think so because boat prices are comprable right now to where they were a year ago based on what i was looking at then and am looking at now. i havent noticed a drop in $$...actually there are a few floating around priced the same as they were July of last year and are still not sold...lol
Old 09-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

whats funny is the cheap stuff is selling as well as the very high end stuff, but the $50-$100k stuff is a lil stagnent
Old 09-22-2006, 08:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I think Reggie is paying the insurance companies to keep the cat rates sky rocketing...

Seriously, I agree with Chris... When you have a v and you want to go fast it will cost you initially and to maintain. I've been looking at cats myself. Not sure the insurance, but a 30 eliminator with HO's will run mid 90's. That boat has a cabin and sunpad. Whats the maintenance for HO's? Nuttin.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive got 525's /xrs in my NT with warratny until 09. Paid a little over a grand in maintanence and service over the past couple years. Nothing compared to big engine rebuilds. Ins woudl be 12k though, but still cheaper then rebuilding/mainating blowers. top speed so far is 104 but im getting new props and if that doesnt help im converting to big spline drive shaft from proroc. pushing for 110
Old 09-22-2006, 09:17 PM
Registered

and for resale i dotn think it effects it. People buying them know what theyre getting into. You will take a big hit, but same with a V. And stock power(if thats what you have) will depreciate less then custom blowers. So your still getting more bang for your buck.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
Ive got 525's /xrs in my NT with warratny until 09. Paid a little over a grand in maintanence and service over the past couple years. Nothing compared to big engine rebuilds. Ins woudl be 12k though, but still cheaper then rebuilding/mainating blowers. top speed so far is 104 but im getting new props and if that doesnt help im converting to big spline drive shaft from proroc. pushing for 110

A bullet proof package... I'd much rather spend 12K on insurance than maintenance. Maintenance can leave you stranded, lost time on the water, etc. I'll take 12K insurance in combination with a bullet proof 100MPH package anyday. And the cabin/place to crash is a bonus...
Old 09-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I do not think it has anything to do with resale value...if you can afford to run and buy a boat...the insurance is just like fuel.....and everything else...and no....big cats are not self insured....there are different rules for them compared to normal boats...if you do not follow there rules....your out of the program.....
Old 09-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

When I checked here in Canada, NOBODY would insure me! I then asked How much it would cost and the answer was: It's not a matter of money, we just don't want to insure it!

Question was resale value ? Well, I could not buy it because of insurance. You get the answer?And by the way, it was an old 1985 Chris Cat... Not a million dollars Nortech.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:18 PM
Registered

Another remark on resale:
I think new designs/materials are/will be hurting resale value of older boats. Especially with cats. As more enter the market, new designs built with lighter, stronger materials will be in higher demand. The up side to this is that newer boats will be more expensive which may inflate the selling price of the older model, but you will still take a significant hit. Or you can look at all the late 90's early 2000's skaters on the market asking close to, if not more then what they originally sold for. But there is an 8 month wait for a new one which also helps resale.

Originally Posted by jeff32

Question was resale value ? Well, I could not buy it because of insurance. You get the answer?And by the way, it was an old 1985 Chris Cat.
Its a shame you couldnt get insurance. DId you call Markel. It coudl have been for a couple reasons though, too old of a boat, inexperience with a cat (my initial problem) etc..

Originally Posted by jeff32

Not a million dollars Nortech.
Nor-Techs are going for a million dollars???? Holy crap

FOR SALE 36 Nor-tech
Asking $1 million

Quick Reply: CAT sales/resale value due to Insurance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.