Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain >

Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain

Notices

Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain

Old 10-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain

Oh, what a total smackdown. He says Baja's are heavier, I show data that shows he's wrong.

If you actually believe a Baja is built as strong or as safe as Fountain, then enjoy your Baja. Really. I don't mean to insult anyone here, but really, anyone who's been around boats for any length of time knows that Baja's are entry-level go-fasts.

A Baja of the same size in feet may very well ride better, with a deeper V and more actual size than a Fountain. But it will not last as long.

I don't particularly care to defend Fountain, but it IS a better quality hull than a Baja. Myself, i probably won't buy another because of the major sacrifice in cabin space you make because of the beak. My next boat will probably be a late 70's-early 80's cigarette, with those classic lines and some relatively mild power. But in the meantime i'll enjoy the build quality, dockside cachet and lack of depreciation that Fountain brings to the table.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:41 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

I've tied off to plenty of boats this summer, old and new. Keep your eyes open, and you can tell the difference between a quality boat and a ****ty boat. Baja's are ****ty boats.

I don't mean to insult anyone here, but really, anyone who's been around boats for any length of time knows that Baja's are entry-level go-fasts.
Well, I guess the only real thing that matters is that I (like most Baja owners) am pretty happy with my entry-level piece of chit. I would also agree with Tank that the condition of an older boat will have as much to do with how the owner has treated it, as the initial quality of said boat. In other words, a Hyundai in the hands of my grandmother will more than likely last longer than a Porche in the hands of my 23 year old Cousin. I think it is time to put this topic to bed. So, who is ready for a handshake and a beer?
Old 10-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by haulinvols
So, who is ready for a handshake and a beer?
You know I am Matt, us Baja owners tend to be low key anyway, so....

LIVE AND LET LIVE EVERYONE.

IT IS ALL GOOD FOUNTAIN FRIENDS

Cheers

Chris
Old 10-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

WAIT ! WAIT ! Don't quit yet. I'm a current Baja owner, 33 Outlaw, fairly happy with the boat, considering going to a 42 Executioner with staggered 525's. I know this is out of context to the title of this thread but I would welcome any/all comments regarding 42 Fountains compared to other similar boats.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper_dave
A Baja of the same size in feet may very well ride better, with a deeper V and more actual size than a Fountain.
thank you for answering the question of this thread.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sleeper_dave
Strength of the hull.

As far as production boats go, Fountain and Cigarette are pretty good quality.
I don't consider Cigarette a production boat. I do consider Fountain a production boat. I don't consider Cigarette in the same class as Fountain either. I would take a Cig over a Fountain any day of the week.

I will say this again. Reread the original question. It refers to quality of ride. Period. Not strength of hull, not cabin size. How is the quality of ride? We haven't kept a boat pass 4 yrs and although LOTO does get rough at times, we will not be in 8' everyday. If Fountains don't ride as well as a Baja, then why do Fountain owners have such a tough time admitting that? Just about every time the Fountain owners are quick to switch to a different quality to prove that Fountain is much better than Baja. I don't care about that. All I what to know is opinions on the quality of ride. Thanks for all the input.