Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/141495-those-you-have-switched-offshore.html)

bojoe2 09-29-2006 07:46 AM

Re: For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Concept and Midnight Express could both handle that task; albeit might need to be a 36-38 footer.

You just described the 36 concept to a " T " w/ t 300's

GregP 09-29-2006 08:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by cuda
I don't think the words "pratical", and "boat" should ever be used in the same sentence. :drink:

The boat needs to be "practical" as my other toy sure isn't.

-Greg

warbird 09-29-2006 09:49 AM

If you're gonna use the CC for an all around fun/party/friends boat, one of the first things is to put some seats in it. Those leaning posts don't really give you the support you need to "drive" the boat like we're used to.

FeverMike 09-30-2006 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by warbird
If you're gonna use the CC for an all around fun/party/friends boat, one of the first things is to put some seats in it. Those leaning posts don't really give you the support you need to "drive" the boat like we're used to.

that is very good advice from Warbird. Do NOT skimp on the seat and get the standard leaning post...get some real bolster put in a CC and they are even more enjoyable.

Hey Cuda, where has Johno been?

Johno 09-30-2006 12:55 PM

Hey Cuda, where has Johno been?[/QUOTE]

I'm here..just lurking :D
I could't be happier with the CC. Boating has now become easy & a pleasure. I have even had the pleasure of towing Cuda in with my CC. You can't beat the operating & maintenance costs compared to I/B's.

FeverMike 09-30-2006 10:12 PM

Hey Johno! When are we gonna meet up at Rattlefish again?!?!?! Next time you are boating in the bay let me know.

Yes, I've towed a few performance boats in myself! :D Last one was last month and it was a broken down 29 Warlock.

cuda 10-01-2006 10:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by FeverMike

Hey Cuda, where has Johno been?

As a matter of fact, I met up with him for the first time on the water since we moved 2.5 years ago. Met up at Mar Vista. Deb and I were already in Saratota for the Donzi Rally, so I gave him a call, and they met us there. He said to pray for him. He was riding in his buddy's 35 Fever with I/O's. :drink:

They made it. :p

cuda 10-01-2006 10:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We were in Deb's 22. :)

cuda 10-01-2006 10:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think Johno enjoyed watching me play rope monkey while Captain Deb barked out orders to me. :( :( :eek: :drink:

zimm17 10-02-2006 06:32 AM

Interesting thread. Between this and reading the CC article in Powerboat magazine (july 06), it really got me thinking about them. A 29-35 footer that is trailerable, has a head in the console, and a cuddy with enough ventilation to sleep in would make a very nice all around party/wave blaster/camping/scuba diving/do it all boat. I plan to move to Jacksonville FL, and a larger CC will probably be more useful than my 22 classic.

I was looking at the Donzi ZF cuddy's and Spectre has a new 34' coming out. Needs to be trailerable. Any others worth looking at? I think I'd at least want 60mph, closer to 70mph would be better. I guess it's hard to have a really fast SUV type boat without having 3 or 4 engines. I don't fish, but scuba dive. Need lots of seating area.