Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Uncle Toys project is finally wet! (pictures & a story) >

Uncle Toys project is finally wet! (pictures & a story)

Notices

Uncle Toys project is finally wet! (pictures & a story)

Old 01-10-2002, 01:36 AM
Cat & Mice

Uncle Toy's, I put a set of Dart Alum. Heads that had been worked over, We also put stud kits in the main caps, Larger 10qt oil pan w/ large oil coolor, larger Injectors, Imco PowerFlows with custom Gattlin mufflers. I think I might work harder on selling my motors and just put the new ones in the boat and keep the boat. For once the Wife is actually wanting we to keep the boat. It makes it hard haveing a set of better motors sitting there so I guess I will just have to use them.
Any way I would love to trade rides in our boats. I have never been in a 26 Daytona but I have heard many great things and I am sure that yours is really nice since Semper was involved. Semper's boats always look and work Awsome.
You must be going crazy not beeing able to use your new boat every day.
Again congrats! I think it turned out really nice.

Pyle

Old 01-10-2002, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Fev, checking that out now. I thought auto thumbnails on Front Page did it differently, but you are right.

Thanks again.

Ted
Old 01-10-2002, 12:15 PM
Uncle Toys

Hey Tank & Doug, just got the information on the HeatWave Poker Run in April - looks great. My wife and I discussed it last night at dinner and she wants to do it, so I guess we will see you there! I am really looking forward to my first poker run and meeting all the other SoCal addicts....oops...I meant power boaters

Raypanic - Eliminator doesn't think they can squeeze twin big blocks in the hull. Something about exhaust. In those pictures where I am talking to their riggers, we discussed the 496s and they defiantly said it wouldn't work.

Turbojack - Thanks for the info on flat water vs. chop. If that holds true, and I'm sure it will, we will be right around the 90mph mark. That's the number I was getting out of BAM's speed calculator. Question - does the grin on your face get bigger as you pass through each decade on the GPS? Also, what kind of dash mounted GPS did you get? Our speedo doesn't work with the shorter lowers so I will probably put a GPS in to replace it.

Captian Ted - Damn, you didn't let my thread "die a natural death", now I have to keep talking about my boat, damn!

Old 01-10-2002, 07:20 PM
Uncle Toys

Ron - The 6.2's were almost exactly the same price as the HP500. Full retail for the HP500 was $38,013 and both 6.2's was $33,400. Add a little more for the external steering, and they come within a couple hundred dollars. Granted, the HP500 comes with a XR drive, but then the 6.2's don't need it. However, horsepower for the twin 6.2's is 640 vs. 470 for the HP500. An increase of 36%. The torque more than doubled! The downside is you pick up 888 pounds with the twins. The upside is the twins make a much cooler sound and those two sticks sure are nice around the docks.

Cat & Mice - That's a mighty nice setup. If you have the time, hang in there for a couple more months. The boat show season is about to get going out here and that should stir up some buyers. Maybe Jim Foley will use your boat in the LA show. He said he likes to use boats that are for sale. Let me know when you and the family are going to make a Havasu run - we'll defiantly trade rides! p.s. How'd you insure that beast? (If delicate, send me a private message).

DougieFresh - Just got the call from my wife, she got the solid shank and heavy duty ball. Only spent $125 today, going to need to do better this weekend if I'm going to make my $1,000 allotment