Like Tree0Likes

radar run on the Potomac

Reply
Old 10-15-2006, 05:35 PM
  #81
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member
 
Beak Boater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Port Tobacco MD/Cape Coral Fl
Posts: 2,151
Default Re: radar run on the Potomac

Yes
Beak Boater is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:45 PM
  #82
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tappahannock, VA
Posts: 145
Default Re: radar run on the Potomac

I want to thank the organizers of this event. Even though the turn out was small, the boats that ran were impressive! Congratulations to Jon, in the 25 Checkmate, for winning the single engine v class (110 mph ). We didn't have a chance, in the 29' Fountain (102.4 mph). I also wanted to give a special congratulations to Docmanrich, for winning the twin engine v class (although still 4 mph slower than the Fountain )
rackster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:45 AM
  #83
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Can't remember.
Posts: 3,684
Default Re: radar run on the Potomac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackster
I want to thank the organizers of this event. Even though the turn out was small, the boats that ran were impressive! Congratulations to Jon, in the 25 Checkmate, for winning the single engine v class (110 mph ). We didn't have a chance, in the 29' Fountain (102.4 mph). I also wanted to give a special congratulations to Docmanrich, for winning the twin engine v class (although still 4 mph slower than the Fountain )
You had to go there didn't ya. I stredded a blower belt and the intercooler strainer keeps leaking at high speed and i had to much fuel so those are my excuses.That's at least 6-8 mph.
docmanrich37 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:04 AM
  #84
Registered
 
dreamboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Southern Maryland
My Boats: 2000 28 Skater
Posts: 1,234
Default Re: radar run on the Potomac

I was shocked how steady that 29 fountain looked at those speeds. I have seen John run tons of times, and he is usually all over the place. Great job!!
dreamboater is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:13 AM
  #85
Registered
 
45sonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Northern VA
My Boats: '00 45 Sonic
Posts: 3,401
Default Re: radar run on the Potomac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamboater
I was shocked how steady that 29 fountain looked at those speeds. Great job!!
Have to agree with that.
45sonic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:22 PM
  #86
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cornelius, NC
My Boats: 2000 29 fever with hp500
Posts: 902
Default Re: radar run on the Potomac

That Fountain Was Very Inpressive And The Eliminator Was A Shock! Wish There Were More Boats Maybe Next Year.
kickin32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:07 PM
  #87
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Bullhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Smithfield, VA
My Boats: Outerlimits Sl44
Posts: 1,227
Default Re: radar run on the Potomac

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmanrich37
You had to go there didn't ya. I stredded a blower belt and the intercooler strainer keeps leaking at high speed and i had to much fuel so those are my excuses.That's at least 6-8 mph.

I'm surprised you could keep the tears out of your eyes long enough to write that .....how much did you have to pay the guy operating the gun .....I got some good video of your runs when I transfer them to DVD I'll send you a copy...have fun in KW
Bullhead is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:22 PM
  #88
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Can't remember.
Posts: 3,684
Default Re: radar run on the Potomac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullhead
I'm surprised you could keep the tears out of your eyes long enough to write that .....how much did you have to pay the guy operating the gun .....I got some good video of your runs when I transfer them to DVD I'll send you a copy...have fun in KW
Mark the only reason i had tears in my eyes is because you told me your hot wife didn't make it to the run. and i didn't have to pay the radar guy anything cause i showed him a pic of Nancy.
docmanrich37 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:34 PM
  #89
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tappahannock, VA
Posts: 145
Default Re: radar run on the Potomac

Rich, just trying to finish what you started at the table on Saturday. I think that we all should be proud of our runs. I know that you have a couple mph left to dial out of yours, and I know that we can gain a couple mph with prop changes and balance of the boat. I also want to thank Tyler Crockett, again. He has helped with dialing in the motor, and stood behind all of the accessories that he provided with the engine (even though Tyler purchased them from a vender) . The boat is finally where we can find it's full potential. I also want to say that the boat's owner/driver has a lot to do with getting the boat to this speed. Not everyone can or should drive a 29' Fountain to these speeds. It takes a lot of seat time as well as "driving experience" and "intuition" in order to run this or any small V at these speeds. Everyone needs to remember this and be careful in our quest to obtain 100+ mph runs!
rackster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:15 AM
  #90
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Can't remember.
Posts: 3,684
Default Re: radar run on the Potomac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackster
Rich, just trying to finish what you started at the table on Saturday. I think that we all should be proud of our runs. I know that you have a couple mph left to dial out of yours, and I know that we can gain a couple mph with prop changes and balance of the boat. I also want to thank Tyler Crockett, again. He has helped with dialing in the motor, and stood behind all of the accessories that he provided with the engine (even though Tyler purchased them from a vender) . The boat is finally where we can find it's full potential. I also want to say that the boat's owner/driver has a lot to do with getting the boat to this speed. Not everyone can or should drive a 29' Fountain to these speeds. It takes a lot of seat time as well as "driving experience" and "intuition" in order to run this or any small V at these speeds. Everyone needs to remember this and be careful in our quest to obtain 100+ mph runs!
Thats great about Tyler for you all but i wish he would get the problem fixed for me about exhaust that fed ex screwed up that issue is getting old.You are right about not everyone should drive a 29 that fast.The boat looked good going down the water even for a beak.
docmanrich37 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Beak Boater
Mid Atlantic US
11
10-20-2008 01:00 PM
Beak Boater
Mid Atlantic US
141
10-14-2008 03:10 PM
ezstriper
Poker Runs and Boating Events
0
10-10-2008 07:46 AM
Beak Boater
General Boating Discussion
23
10-20-2006 01:16 PM
TomFTM
General Boating Discussion
8
09-16-2002 10:33 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.