Notices

Why not race?

Old 10-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Why not race?

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
How many races you been to this year?
1 so far. I miss it and loved it when I use to be a part of it but the turn out and bickering, low turn out, no TV and so forth has turned me off.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
1 so far. I miss it and loved it when I use to be a part of it but the turn out and bickering, low turn out, no TV and so forth has turned me off.

Too bad OPA doesnt race in your neck of the woods (altho Im glad they dont cuz if they did I couldnt go)
Old 10-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Mike ... you comin up to Destin? I think you might be surprised .... These guys arent perfect but they are definitely movin in a good direction
Old 10-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

What part of the roots are you lookin for? just curious ....

open ocean, big water, broken bones, tuff old school boats,heritage,commraderey, cool people, sticking together,race for passion not for hey i have a ton of money look at me,helicopter shots of boats flying 10 feet out of the water and 50 feet long before the hit the water............I am willing to bet half of the boat manifactures out know would not last in the waters the old rides use to run in............

other than that naked chicks woulkd be cool
Old 10-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by nocigarette
open ocean, big water, broken bones, tuff old school boats,heritage,commraderey, cool people, sticking together,race for passion not for hey i have a ton of money look at me,helicopter shots of boats flying 10 feet out of the water and 50 feet long before the hit the water............I am willing to bet half of the boat manifactures out know would not last in the waters the old rides use to run in............

LOL - Ocean City was pretty damn close to that .... some of it was right on ... Ill let you figure out which parts
Old 10-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I remember when racing was a bunch of cool guys trying to have a good time quietly.............now its a bunch loud guys trying to be cool............m.m......
Attached Thumbnails Why not race?-000.jpg   Why not race?-16.jpg  
Old 10-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike ... you comin up to Destin? I think you might be surprised .... These guys arent perfect but they are definitely movin in a good direction
I am seriously thinking of stopping by on my way home to Tampa on Sunday. I will be at the Blue Angels year end show in Pensacola that Saturday. OPA does seem to have a lot more positive going on from what I read here on OSO. I think Hollis with his ORL is on to something if he can get past the politics and people that will try to bring you down.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ratickle
I usually try to stay out of these,but actually both are sports.

Helpful Definitions:

Sport: A form of leisure-time physical activity that is planned, structured and competitive.

sport (spôrt, sprt) n.
1. a. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
3. An active pastime; recreation.

My wife and I have talked about buying a race boat many times. It is a huge commitment from everyone we've talked with and also a way to make sure you have no leisure time for anything else! There are a couple of successful husband/wife teams out there and we may yet decide to jump in (me on throttles).

I believe most Poker Runners do it for the fun but a very few do it to be the big dog. In racing, boats in classes are equal. In Poker Runs, a few dominate the rest of us (watch out for "catkiller" ) . Just once I would like to be the big dog! But, that being said, I love to run alongside of the true cream of the crop, even if just for a little while, then have a chat after the run. How many times do the NASCAR guys participate in a "Rally" and than have a chat after lunch with their fans? It is a very unique opportunity which needs to be protected. (Off of soapbox now.)

OK , IF ITS A SPORT LET ME CALL UP YOUR INSURANCE CO AND LET THEM KNOW ITS A SPORT.

mIKE
Old 10-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

I am seriously thinking of stopping by on my way home to Tampa on Sunday. I will be at the Blue Angels year end show in Pensacola that Saturday. OPA does seem to have a lot more positive going on from what I read here on OSO. I think Hollis with his ORL is on to something if he can get past the politics and people that will try to bring you down.

I hope you make it .. if you do please look me up.... Id like to shake your hand ... and I look forward to seein ORL racin with OPA next year too. Its gonna be good
Old 10-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nocigarette

nocigarette - I just want to say, you and I have been on a few threads together recently, and it's like I have a brother I've never met.
So far, I'm right with you.

Quick Reply: Why not race?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.