Performance Boating school

Notices

Performance Boating school

Old 10-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Re: Performance Boating school

Originally Posted by Tres
Thanks for the support. I just dont want to see powerboating become a thing we used to do. Its in big trouble right now, and many just dont know it. Each person that makes his way through our course, we feel thats one more out there doing it right.

I think its great what you are doing! The next time you are up here in Rhode Island, Maybe at Outerlimits. Please call me!
I would be glad to take your course. I will provide the cat.

Thanks
Gerry
Millennium
401-255-5242
Old 10-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NASCAT
That certainly was never my attitude towards any course I took electively or required.

And you didn't really answer my question, how are other types of motorsports able to provide hands on training but the boating industry can not? Or is it chooses not to?
Economics. Performance driving schools, where you use their race cars, have many more people taking them and make much more money so they can cover the liability. Plus its on a closed race track.
I have done the following schools
Pocono stock car experience, where i drove a stock car at 180-185mph.
Team Pro-Motion Motorcycle track school
STT motorcycle track school
And Tres Martins high performance boat school.

In the others I was either riding my own bike, or driving their car, but i learned much more from Tres' class.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just came back from taking Tres' class over the weekend and I have to say that it was one of the best $2500 that I have ever spent for me and my boat. He covers many topics during the class that I would not never thought of and may never know. I now know what to look out for when running my boat, especially in dangerous sistuations.. I also learn the proper way to run my boat. So many thing to practice in the few next weekends. I also understand his posistion about not allowing student to drive the boat; it is for the safety of both. There are many thing to learn by just observing how he drives and how he always has control of his boat. I would highly recomemd his class to everyone.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:48 PM
Registered

Question Re: Performance Boating school

Quick question does he take you out and air the boat out or are you on calm water not getting the drives free for that kind of money for 2 days I would want a hardcore lesson to see if there was something I was missing after all these yrs. I feel when it's flat its easyer to drive a boat compared to running in water that you have to crack the throttles just right to keep the boat level and not stuff it or do you have a choice on what water you want to ride on??
Old 10-17-2006, 08:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
Quick question does he take you out and air the boat out or are you on calm water not getting the drives free for that kind of money for 2 days I would want a hardcore lesson to see if there was something I was missing after all these yrs. I feel when it's flat its easyer to drive a boat compared to running in water that you have to crack the throttles just right to keep the boat level and not stuff it or do you have a choice on what water you want to ride on??
First. I dont teach throttle jockey lessons. I do teach proper prcedure to acknowledge setting to navigate you way through all water conditions. Teaching someone hardcore lessons in rough water is very risky and no insurance would be available. I do not want to see people out there punishing the equiptment and putting themselves in danger. And yes , you have been missing alot over the years. AIR TIME. if your looking for airtime you should fly planes, boats are made to operate in the water, not in the air.

Last edited by Tres; 10-17-2006 at 08:19 AM.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:57 AM
Registered

Tres, good article in SpeedBoat mag Nov 06.

Now I don't have to take the class, all your secrets are posted in the mag
Old 10-17-2006, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Tres, good article in SpeedBoat mag Nov 06.

Now I don't have to take the class, all your secrets are posted in the mag

I must have read it three times already.

I gotta get this guy on my boat.

Then again why would someone in a nice warm place
like FL wanna come up here to Rhode Island and freeze
there AZZ off.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

The south Florida mail must be getting delayed because I just got my issue of Speedboat and read the Tres article. Absolutely a must take class for me, many things the article highlights I have never considered, such as the equalization of displacement between steps.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:13 PM

Try calling Brian Ross at 1-866-760-3212. If no one answers just leave a message.

www.rossoffshoreracing.com

The Ross's will be able to help anybody.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks from Geo.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:06 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Tres do you know if Total Dollar insurance extends any discount if you class is taken.??
I've heard your rates will increase....as you will most likely now be driving your boat much faster and possibly consider moving to Florida and start racing!

Tres has helped several folks that I know. One specifically that we all stayed FAR away from when he was driving his boat. He now does much, much better.... I won't say more as not to embarrass him.

Thanks, Tres!

Quick Reply: Performance Boating school

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.