Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   SPEEDY Metal Polish works great (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/142559-speedy-metal-polish-works-great.html)

Panther 10-14-2006 03:40 PM

Re: SPEEDY Metal Polish works great

Originally Posted by satisfactionII
Got the Speedy polish on Thursday. Used it on my aluminum trim on the 64' SS. The trim work was in great shape before, but did shine up brighter with Speedy.

I then used the Speedy on the polished stainless boat exhaust. Great shine. Lastly I tried it on ,my boat's polished aluminum valve covers. The covers were dull, had some water stains and light oxidation. It took several tries to get them to shine, and quite a bit of elbow grease. At times I had to rub it quite hard. The result was a great shine. Very bright. I thought the work effort was a little extreme in the last instance. But I would rate the shine a 10+, quality a 10+ and overall the product a 9 because of the effort required. But thats because I am lazy.
sar
Thanks for the sample. :D

Sounds interesting... I also have polished aluminum valve covers and they are heavily oxidized from salt etc.

In the past, the only thing that would even remotely work was Woody Wax. I wonder if the Speedy Wax works any better??? :confused:

LubeJobs42 10-14-2006 06:32 PM

Still no good! At least I'm getting to memorize my visa number typing it so much.

Reds Outlaw 10-14-2006 06:44 PM

I received my speedy polish and tried it out on the HOT ROD and it works better than I thought. Look forward to buying more.

Red

DannyD 10-14-2006 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Still no good! At least I'm getting to memorize my visa number typing it so much.

Hmmmm...It may have locked you out since you tried a few times when we first had the hiccup.
We've got a few orders in today plus I tested it also. I will send you a pm so I can get your phone# so I can process the order for you.

DannyD 10-14-2006 07:42 PM

Gino - I see in the ADMIN that you tried two times today. Once at 7:46am and another at 8:02am. No signs on our end that you tried to place the order after we fixed the problem.

Something I did notice though is that you didn't choose a shipping option. Sometimes if you have a scroller on your mouse, and accidentally are in the shipping field, the drop down tab on the shipping option can cause it to hiccup and fail the order request if your not on Ground or whatever method of shipping you prefer. Make sense?

I sent you a PM.

FeverMike 10-14-2006 08:56 PM

This speedy stuff works great. I used it on my wedding ring and it looks like I just got married!

I used it on the titanium parts of my prosthetic leg and wow I've got a bling bling leg!

My steering hardware on the boat is next. I will be ordering a large bottle of this stuff.

ApacheCarl 10-14-2006 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Panther
Sounds interesting... I also have polished aluminum valve covers and they are heavily oxidized from salt etc.

In the past, the only thing that would even remotely work was Woody Wax. I wonder if the Speedy Wax works any better??? :confused:

Panther

I just tried the Speedy on my aluminum valve covers and it worked great ! :) I ordered more of it this afternoon, great product.

Carl

SpeedGirl 10-15-2006 08:31 AM

:D :D :D

I love how you all have gotten into Speedy... And the objects you have polished :drink:

Who is going to be the first to polish your stainless appliances.... :eek: this gives me an idea :drool: :eureka: :crazy:

DannyD 10-16-2006 09:55 PM

Orders shipped today. Thanks!

kennyo 10-17-2006 07:42 AM

I've been using this stuff for years. The effort to shine ratio is very good.